The People (: or proles)

How are people, generally?

• The people are intelligent but mostly bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A good deed pays off? No shit. There are no new plots. Not really. All dramatists know this, asswipe. It's a great film.

Oh, here we go with that same tired old "the novel is dead" bullshit. The only thing that is tired is that argument-- it is just a cover for hack post-modernists to attempt to look intellectual enough to hide their hackery.

"We have the right to say what has been said and even what as not been said in a way that belongs to us, a way that is immediate and direct, corresponding to present modes of feeling, and understandable to everyone."

-- Antonin Artaud, "No More Masterpieces"

Oh, here we go with that same tired old "the novel is dead" bullshit. The only thing that is tired is that argument-- it is just a cover for hack post-modernists to attempt to look intellectual enough to hide their hackery.

"We have the right to say what has been said and even what as not been said in a way that belongs to us, a way that is immediate and direct, corresponding to present modes of feeling, and understandable to everyone."

-- Antonin Artaud, "No More Masterpieces"

Au contraire. It's that we like the same story over and over; we like to see how people overcome the conflicts in their lives.

Threedee, the good moral relativist catholic boy.

I'm not a moral relativist, I'm just being facetious. I believe morality comes from God. Without that, then morality is just a social construct, and atheists like Watermark are parroting Christian morality (with which he was socialized) while claiming there is a different source for it.

I'm not a moral relativist, I'm just being facetious. I believe morality comes from God. Without that, then morality is just a social construct, and atheists like Watermark are parroting Christian morality (with which he was socialized) while claiming there is a different source for it.

Then God is inconsistent. I wish He'd get His act together. All over the world there are people proclaiming their culture's morality comes from God. I know, I know, they're lying or plain wrong, your God is the right God.

Morality is a social construct that grew out of evolutionary necessity.

Good job following the logic. Now why don't you go kill some more Jews...

My logic is sound.

The commonalities you see in the world's religions are because they do contain some parts of what I consider actual morality, namely, behaviors which facilitate cooperation. Additionally however, religions often contain aspects designed to justify abusive and hierarchical relationships, for these, they rely on the supernatural justification, the persona of god, so that certain groups no longer have to justify their rules anymore. They can call it the will of god and dissenters sinners or thought criminals.

"If you love me, kill your son." The abraham and isaac story. That story is psychotic and ill. A god that would want that is a sick fuck and unworthy of worship in the first place.

Charles Manson and Moses probably would have got along. _helter skelter = olam ha ba.

My logic is sound.

The commonalities you see in the world's religions are because they do contain some parts of what I consider actual morality, namely, behaviors which facilitate cooperation. Additionally however, religions often contain aspects designed to justify abusive and hierarchical relationships, for these, they rely on the supernatural justification, the persona of god, so that certain groups no longer have to justify their rules anymore. They can call it the will of god and dissenters sinners or thought criminals.

"If you love me, kill your son." The abraham and isaac story. That story is psychotic and ill. A god that would want that is a sick fuck and unworthy of worship in the first place.

Charles Manson and Moses probably would have got along. _helter skelter = olam ha ba.

Right, which is the perfect justification for you to go kill Jews. We could be rid of you and the "conspiracy" all in one fowl stroke of absurdity...

Right, which is the perfect justification for you to go kill Jews. We could be rid of you and the "conspiracy" all in one fowl stroke of absurdity...

I don't want to go kill jews Im merely point out the similarity between Manson and Moses.

I'm against theocracy. What's your position on theocracy? Deny it till you're a slave?

I don't want to go kill jews Im merely point out the similarity between Manson and Moses.

I'm against theocracy. What's your position on theocracy? Deny it till you're a slave?

I'll continue to deny theocracy, all while secular statist ideologies take more power for themselves. I'll then become worse than a slave, which is to say, dead...

No one is willing to make the argument that Moses was in any way unlike Manson. That's amusing.

Because there are so few similarities it isn't even worth arguing with you...it is obvious to everyone here that you are batshit crazy, and I think most people are tired of dealing with your shit.

Because there are so few similarities it isn't even worth arguing with you...it is obvious to everyone here that you are batshit crazy, and I think most people are tired of dealing with your shit.

They were both crazy people roaming around in the desert with a bunch of followers listening to their psychotic racist apocalyptic rants and making it the ideological core of their worldview. Helter skelter = olam ha ba

They were both crazy people roaming around in the desert with a bunch of followers listening to their psychotic racist apocalyptic rants and making it the ideological core of their worldview. Helter skelter = olam ha ba

I bet you can't back up any of what you said about Moses (of course Manson was/is crazy) with textual evidence.

Back