"The Shade Tree"?

Can anyone read the messages or post in it?

hmmmm

yeah normal users can't see the posts, but anyone can know the existence of the group, which was your first complaint when you say billy "told people about it"

billy didn't need to tell anyone about the group. anyone can see that the group exists.

mods can see into groups because otherwise you could have people posting personal info and stuff.

Thsi group was private for invitees only. Not even to be seen by the non invited and yet a mod posted in it and told others...

I will be ending the group and likely my association with this board.

Oh, I am sorry! Please don't go! I will miss you again.

uscitizen, billy was just dropping in to say hi. it's nothing to get worked up over. and your main complaint that he revealed the existence of the group is incorrect.

And mods can tell others about the contents of a private group?

And post in it when clearly NO rules have been violated?

I don't see anything about the content of the group. The group and its description can be seen by anybody. It is also easy to mistake, when you are a mod, if it is a private or open group.

In this case you are jumping the gun. I don't believe he even knew it was closed off to normal users.

I don't see anything about the content of the group. The group and its description can be seen by anybody.

It's the most boring group JPP has. Seriously, it has like 6 posts.

And posting it it.

Really encouraging your members to use the groups there.

again uscitizen, sometimes it's hard to notice which groups are closed or not. I had to log out to realize.

And again, you are wrong with regards to billy telling anyone about the group. If you notice, he didn't even know what watermark was talking about when watermark started this thread. watermark found out on his own. It's public knowledge with regards to the existence of groups.

but a mod posting in the group when there was absolutely no valid reason to do so?
And no apology just get over it type of attitude?

he might not thought he was unallowed. He could have thought it was an open group. Mods aren't told if a group is private or not. You are turning something that likely was a completely innocent act into something malicious. This is what I see when I go to your group:

shvrb.png

you'll notice it doesn't inform us anywhere that it's private.

Most people that make groups don't make them private. In the past 90% of groups are just for simple fun and aren't taken seriously. So it's easy to see how one would have the default assumption that it's ok to post there.

I would just chillax. But do what you got to do

Yeah, I went back in logged in a Damocles, there isn't even a notice. I wonder how many times I posted in somebody's private group without even knowing it...

Dangit. There has to be a better way for us to tell. I'm going to find it.

You really want an apology USC?

Fine, I hereby APOLOGIZE for upsetting you. I never said anything beyond that your group was boring.

oooo a mod apology. that's like 100 jpp points in the game of JPP. good job uscitizen. That might put you at the top of the leaderboard now.

so far these are my ideas:

- Get a mod to apologize

- Get dixie to admit he was wrong (as long as his admission doesn't help him further a new point that he cares more about: i.e. "I agree bush was a bad president, he was a liberal!"

- Get anyone that had a position on a topic to change their minds (within the same thread)

- Get someone to rage quit JPP.

- Start an off topic thread on something random and have it get over 100 posts

(each one has a certain amount of points assigned)

Winner determined on a weekly basis
And they get a special title for the week for having beaten the Game of JPP.

- make a post that gets over 4 thanks. (bonus points for every thank 5 and above)

- make a post that gets over 4 groans (bonus points for every groan 5 and above)

- Have someone claim they've added you to their ignore list (bonus points if they continue responding to you within the same week that they said they ignored you)

- Start a thread that's supposed to be humorous and have me agree that it's actually quite funny

Back