The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to replace the igniter, but that's it. I keep a good cover on it and keep it clean. It works as good as the day I got it.

I had a similar model, a few years older & the only problem I had was that cheap igniter..

Good morning all. Got my new grill yesterday and it's a beauty. Like RB says it weighs a ton, but it's on wheels so it moves easily.

Can you use it for smoking as well as grilling?

If you want to smoke meat I recommend an electric smoker. They all use wood chips and come in varying sizes. Being just the two of us mine is the upright canister type, around $100 at Lowes or Home Depot.

If you want to smoke meat I recommend an electric smoker. They all use wood chips and come in varying sizes. Being just the two of us mine is the upright canister type, around $100 at Lowes or Home Depot.

Yes. Having a separate smoker is best, they aren't that expensive. I don't have one, I have an Excalibur dehydrator, I just add a touch of liquid smoke.

Yes. Having a separate smoker is best, they aren't that expensive. I don't have one, I have an Excalibur dehydrator, I just add a touch of liquid smoke.

We have a kitchen dehydrator we use to dry fruit and make jerky, a lot cheaper than buying store bought.

We have a kitchen dehydrator we use to dry fruit and make jerky, a lot cheaper than buying store bought.

I used to make jerky all the time. I haven't made any lately. I'll have to get a few good cuts of beef one of these days.

I assume smoking is cooking the meat too?
I know nothing about this,but love smoked meat!
$100 is a mild investment.

That sounds like the one I have now, also from Lowe's. It's a three-piece red gizmo with lava rock things in the base where the coils are. It does a great job but doesn't have a thermostat/thermometer. You put the soaked wood chunks directly on the coils in the base. Do you use yours to cure meat in? I haven't tried that yet. I just put a whole chicken, ribs, wings, or small turkey, etc. on and let it smoke for an hour, then finish in the oven or in the crockpot.

I assume smoking is cooking the meat too?
I know nothing about this,but love smoked meat!
$100 is a mild investment.

Oh you would love having one! It does get about halfway cooked in there. I suppose on a warm day, if you left it on long enough, it would also cook the meat. You can choose to brine the food first which they always recommend. I don't do that though since we try not to eat too much salt.

That sounds like the one I have now, also from Lowe's. It's a three-piece red gizmo with lava rock things in the base where the coils are. It does a great job but doesn't have a thermostat/thermometer. You put the soaked wood chunks directly on the coils in the base. Do you use yours to cure meat in? I haven't tried that yet. I just put a whole chicken, ribs, wings, or small turkey, etc. on and let it smoke for an hour, then finish in the oven or in the crockpot.

That's the one I have except mine has a thermometer in the lid. No I have never tried curing meat, I use mine just like you do. I especially love smoked roast. It comes out so juicy and tender with that smoke flavor yummmm.

I thought you would be full of information on grilling, as you do enough of it. BTW is school finally out?

That's the one I have except mine has a thermometer in the lid. No I have never tried curing meat, I use mine just like you do. I especially love smoked roast. It comes out so juicy and tender with that smoke flavor yummmm.

Oh man, I'm going to have to try that! Do you brine it first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back