The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
97 and no relief except for some future clouds in sight.
Between the heat and the endless sunlight , I'm starting to sing that Song:

"Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

Good morning Top and all. Got our new stainless grill yesterday. We will christen it Sat with a cookout for our grandson's birthday. I am looking forward to it. I haven't grilled since before the hurricane.

Good morning Top and all. Got our new stainless grill yesterday. We will christen it Sat with a cookout for our grandson's birthday. I am looking forward to it. I haven't grilled since before the hurricane.
Whacha cooking? New stuff is fun, but it will be better when it's "seasoned"...lol;) I'd grill every day if I could...everything tastes so good with a bit of a char;) Happy BD to your grandson;)

Whacha cooking? New stuff is fun, but it will be better when it's "seasoned"...lol;) I'd grill every day if I could...everything tastes so good with a bit of a char;) Happy BD to your grandson;)

I'm grilling for teenagers what do you think I will be grilling? :thinking:

Tofu, salmon, and boneless, skinless chicken breasts? lol I'm sure it will be much better than what the WH served those team kids... and fresher too!

What kind of grill did you get?

Got a 4 burner stainless from Home Depot.

View attachment 10056

The sweetest of all man toys. :~)

Let us know how you like it. Mr. Owl is in the market for a new grill. We have an aging Weber kettle now. He's been eyeing those Green Egg ceramic grills but they're super pricey. We're not sure if they're worth it. Our neighbors have a gas grill similar to yours that they like a lot. When summer's over they put a cover over it and leave it out on their deck. So far it's held up well against our harsh winters.

The sweetest of all man toys. :~)

Let us know how you like it. Mr. Owl is in the market for a new grill. We have an aging Weber kettle now. He's been eyeing those Green Egg ceramic grills but they're super pricey. We're not sure if they're worth it. Our neighbors have a gas grill similar to yours that they like a lot. When summer's over they put a cover over it and leave it out on their deck. So far it's held up well against our harsh winters.

I always covered my grills even when under the patio cover. The only problem I have ever had is critters like to shelter under it in the winters.

Speaking of feeding teens we're doing "sloopy" joes and walking tacos for the kids tomorrow...can hardly believe the school year's just about finished...

I always covered my grills even when under the patio cover. The only problem I have ever had is critters like to shelter under it in the winters.

Critters? Like what kind of critters? Pythons? Alligators? Palmetto bugs? Jehovah's Witnesses? lol

Critters? Like what kind of critters? Pythons? Alligators? Palmetto bugs? Jehovah's Witnesses? lol

Mostly rats, mice or possums. Rats and mice flee when you pull the cover off but possums are a little feisty. Only happened a couple of times in the last 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back