The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some years, yes, some years, not so much. I've seen years when it was so dry the July 4th fireworks were cancelled.

There were many afternoon storms last summer, hope it happens again. So far, just a heat wave.

Been pretty dry in the panhandle also. We costal communities use barges for the 4th fire works, pretty hard to get water to burn snicker.

Pretty bad publicity for the state you live in. Shame on you, I'm going to tell and you will have to go to the principal's office.
CSdUknd.gif

Pretty bad publicity for the state you live in. Shame on you, I'm going to tell and you will have to go to the principal's office.
CSdUknd.gif
It is what it is....lol;)
Kids aren't "skeered of the principal" these days you know...I've never been;)

Been pretty dry in the panhandle also. We costal communities use barges for the 4th fire works, pretty hard to get water to burn snicker.

I dunno, they managed to set a river and Lake Erie on fire once. lol

Our fireworks were canceled last year due to rain as well, but I think the ones down in big town were okay. They set them off out in the lake a bit.

I'm surprised it didn't just rip it all off. The photos of the damage there showed major devastation. How did your neighbors fare?

Some minor to medium damage like us others total devastation, We had lots of tree on homes, and roofs torn off tornados? The Major destruction was in the Mexico Beach area caused by wind and a tidal surge of 21+ feet. Basically the whole town was wiped out. That is where the majority of the deaths were.

Some minor to medium damage like us others total devastation, We had lots of tree on homes, and roofs torn off tornados? The Major destruction was in the Mexico Beach area caused by wind and a tidal surge of 21+ feet. Basically the whole town was wiped out. That is where the majority of the deaths were.

Gods. What was the final toll for those who didn't make it?

I don't remember somewhere around 26 lives lost total around 22 in the Panhandle alone. Picture of part of Mexico Beach. Most of the city was almost as bad.

View attachment 10048

That's incredible.

I guess the best thing we can say about these severe weather disasters is that we seem to have better systems in place, so we don't have the huge loss of life that we did in the past. Although I'm sure that Joplin would argue with that, and so would Puerto Rico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back