The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all know this only because of Global Warming; er. Climate Change.

:evilnod:

I believe that global warming is happening. But I don't believe man is causing it oh we may contribute to it but I believe this is a natural cycle. Remember when the "climate change " crowd was predicting another Ice Age.

I believe that global warming is happening. But I don't believe man is causing it oh we may contribute to it but I believe this is a natural cycle. Remember when the "climate change " crowd was predicting another Ice Age.

That was back in the late 60s and early 70s.

I saw an article that said what the alarmists are saying is the start of Global Warming, is really the start of another Ice Age.

Of course it will take centuries to occur.

The last one is said to have started around 1.8 million years ago and lasted until approximately 11,700 years ago, according to geologists and such.

I don't remember where I saw it; but it's been suggested that some of the earthquakes, felt in middle America and the North East, are a result of the ground "rebounding" from all the compaction of the ground, from those glaciers.

The Earth is comparable to a living organism and mankind is just a minor "nuisance" to it.

I saw an article that said what the alarmists are saying is the start of Global Warming, is really the start of another Ice Age.

The last one is said to have started around 1.8 million years ago and lasted until approximately 11,700 years ago, according to geologists and such.

I don't remember where I saw it; but it's been suggested that some of the earthquakes, felt in middle America and the North East, are a result of the ground "rebounding" from all the compaction of the ground, from those glaciers.

The Earth is comparable to a living organism and mankind is just a minor "nuisance" to it.

Ohio is still rebounding from the 2 mile thick ice,from the last ice age.
We went to Lancaster Ohio for a trip,you can see where the flatness from the ice in NW Ohio ends,and the start of the rolling ground farther south starts.

I often wonder if the last ice age,was caused by nuclear winter,when the last age of mankind destroyed itself.

Ohio is still rebounding from the 2 mile thick ice,from the last ice age.
We went to Lancaster Ohio for a trip,you can see where the flatness from the ice in NW Ohio ends,and the start of the rolling ground farther south starts.

Supposedly this "rebounding" affect is going to continue and could actually affect several major cities that have been built on what was flat ground, at the time.

The only good part of this is, is that it's not going to suddenly all "spring back"; but instead will take centuries to occur.

Didn't they say we'd be dead by 1990 or something?

Supposedly this "rebounding" affect is going to continue and could actually affect several major cities that have been built on what was flat ground, at the time.

The only good part of this is, is that it's not going to suddenly all "spring back"; but instead will take centuries to occur.

The rebound in Flat as a pancake NW Ohio has been happening since the ice melted about 10 thousand years ago,and it's still going on today!

I often wonder if the last ice age,was caused by nuclear winter,when the last age of mankind destroyed itself.

There are numerous "theories"; because even scientists can't agree.

The theories range from volcanic activities, changes in the earth's mantle and crust, distance from the sun, major meteor strikes, and even speculation that it may be a result of changes in the Earth's gravitational fields (poles switching). :dunno:

The rebound in Flat as a pancake NW Ohio has been happening since the ice melted about 10 thousand years ago,and it's still going on today!

True and this is what some believe are causing some of the recent small earthquakes and the continuation of after shocks.

There are numerous "theories"; because even scientists can't agree.

The theories range from volcanic activities, changes in the earth's mantle and crust, distance from the sun, major meteor strikes, and even speculation that it may be a result of changes in the Earth's gravitational fields (poles switching). :dunno:

I saw a show on PBS about the poles switching,was very interesting.
They made it as if the earth was a giant battery,and every so often,it turns and positive
exchanges place with negative.
If true,that would cause much technology to become worthless.

They made it as if the earth was a giant battery,and every so often,it turns and positive

Another theory said that even if the poles switched, it wouldn't have a huge impact on technology; but would cause problems with things that depend on GPS.

It will definitely mess with GPS.

It's not like we can do anything to stop it from occurring.

Nope.
I saw another show on PBS,that said all cultures go back about 10'000 years,then lose track of its past.
Woolly Mammoth 's,Giant Sloths,Saber Tooth Tigers,were all here and now gone,The Great Lakes,the Mississippi all came along only 10'000 years ago.
What happened world wide then.
And was man responsible for a major change in anyway?

Nope.
I saw another show on PBS,that said all cultures go back about 10'000 years,then lose track of its past.
Woolly Mammoth 's,Giant Sloths,Saber Tooth Tigers,were all here and now gone,The Great Lakes,the Mississippi all came along only 10'000 years ago.
What happened world wide then.
And was man responsible for a major change in anyway?

I truly doubt that man was responsible for changes in the earth.

As to the extinction of past species, more then likely; seeing as how early man probably didn't have the idea of species extinction or over hunting.

Other species then died out, do to the lack of available food animals to hunt.

I truly doubt that man was responsible for changes in the earth.

As to the extinction of past species, more then likely; seeing as how early man probably didn't have the idea of species extinction or over hunting.

Other species then died out, do to the lack of available food animals to hunt.

10000 years ago isn't early man,something happened pretty fast.
What?We will probably never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back