The Tiki Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Are you even able to go outside except for very early morning?
Strangely, the humidity hasn't been as high as it normally it, so while it's hot it's not as unbearable as high humidity.

It hasn't hit 98 or 99 yet but I will probably be staying inside, somewhere cool. I won't be out for any length of time in that kind of heat. Yuk.

I'm hoping this is a meteorological anomaly, some high-pressure system or something that's going to move. Daytona is only about an hour from here.

She sent me a pic of their VRBO place, looks like it is near the beach so hopefully they'll get that cooling effect, maybe. How often do the winds come off the ocean though, on the east side of the state?

I dunno. Around here we just call them black snakes. Not fast. Small oblong head so not poisonous. I encouraged him to climb back up and go to another section of the "basement" and gave him a little pet on the tail as he went on his way. Nice smooth scales.

Better him than to have this guy climb into your boat.
watermoccasin.jpg

The good thing is a 44 with rat shot is a great equalizer.

She sent me a pic of their VRBO place, looks like it is near the beach so hopefully they'll get that cooling effect, maybe. How often do the winds come off the ocean though, on the east side of the state?
Yes. Being on or near the ocean makes things a bit cooler as there is usually some breeze off the water.

Omg, a moccasin?

Yep I saw him coming towards the boat (14ft jon boat). Moccasins don't go around things they either go under or over. Well long story short I was prepared and when he came over the side I fired. needless to say the critters had something to eat.

I dunno. Around here we just call them black snakes. Not fast. Small oblong head so not poisonous. I encouraged him to climb back up and go to another section of the "basement" and gave him a little pet on the tail as he went on his way. Nice smooth scales.

Quetzalcoatl and Mishibiziw thank you.

For the gun haters no it wasn't a gun free zone. And I am glad I was armed.

:whoa: Cottonmouths are scary and aggressive too. No matter how hot it was, we were always sure to have our spray skirts on when we kayaked on any of Missouri's rivers, for that reason. Too bad they can't keep you from getting whacked in the head by an Asian carp though. lol

Did anyone else of any persuasion join you??

sadly not many

it kinda ended up being me posting mostly in that thread to try and promote the civility.

I spent a great deal of my time merely answering civilly the insults heaved at me with facts

After the year was over I started a thread called nothing but insults or something like that and discussed anything people heaved at me woth the same high level of FACTS but promised an insult in each answer.

it was fucking hilarious

some lame con would heave their typical stupid at me and I would answer them with facts and then insult them

Often I would have to go back and insert an insult for them because I forgot to insult them

Its when I discovered how good at insulting people I am

most people would give the same lame ole crap like they do here.

after a year of watching the creatively challenged right heave lame insults at me and thinking geessssse those are lame insults and then freeing myself up to retort

I found how a creative insult works to confuse the automated posters and was kinda cathartic

I think for the left it was just too hard to join me as they immediately saw just how joyous the right was at being able to insult knowing the person (me) had promised not to return the insults

it became completely clear within days that they would NEVER be civil.

calls for civility don't work with liars

they don't honor nice

THEY USE IT

I proved that to all on USMESSAGE BOARDS and there was no going back after that

everyone could point to that thread (a year long thread that I posted in every day) and say THE RIGHT WILL NEVER BE CIVIL

I did a few things like that over there which defined the right ( with their own efforts) in a way that gave the left all the ammunition they needed to shame the right wing posters daily with their own behavior

Like the mods attempts to chase me away by creating rules ONLY I had to follow.

it became blatantly obvious to everyone there what was going down

they would make a new RULE FOR ME and I would manage to keep up my fact press even with the new rule

eventually they just banned be for nothing

cons cant win on a fair playing field

Yep I saw him coming towards the boat (14ft jon boat). Moccasins don't go around things they either go under or over. Well long story short I was prepared and when he came over the side I fired. needless to say the critters had something to eat.
What a frightening experience.

Several years ago, I opened the front door and one was sitting on the front steps. It dove into the shrubs in front. I was so freaked out. A couple of days later it was in a neighbor's yard and he killed it with an ax, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back