Their name is Legion

Do you try to protect or at least limit your children or grandchildren from knowledge of evil.

Oh, you do?

Then you perfectly understand the metaphor is, even while you pretended you didn't understand.

IF Jack were possessed by demons, what are his responsibilities in his actions? What is his accountability?

Do you try to protect or at least limit your children or grandchildren from knowledge of evil.

Oh, you do?

Then you perfectly understand the metaphor is, even while you pretended you didn't understand.

It takes a conscience to protect others. Obviously consciences vary.

So does mental stability. If a person is mentally unstable, can they, should they be fully accountable for their actions?

Throughout history the answer is, "Only God knows". Until our tech allows us to read minds, to understand both intent and the rational behind it, then it's impossible to give every person their exact due.

Jack is bipolar. I've threatened to do my best to walk him to the Perm Ban Cliff where he'll end up like CultSmasher unless takes his meds or answers a question between us. I'm firm in this matter and have given him two fair choices of action.

Do you believe I am wrong to use his weakness against him even though I believe it's for his own good?

It takes a conscience to protect others. Obviously consciences vary.

So does mental stability. If a person is mentally unstable, can they, should they be fully accountable for their actions?

Throughout history the answer is, "Only God knows". Until our tech allows us to read minds, to understand both intent and the rational behind it, then it's impossible to give every person their exact due.

Jack is bipolar. I've threatened to do my best to walk him to the Perm Ban Cliff where he'll end up like CultSmasher unless takes his meds or answers a question between us. I'm firm in this matter and have given him two fair choices of action.

Do you believe I am wrong to use his weakness against him even though I believe it's for his own good?

Jack perfectly understands the metaphor about acquiring the knowledge of evil, he is just pretending he doesn't.

I would be very surprised if he was introducing young grandchildren to R rated movies, drug dealers, or introducing them to whiskey.

I wonder why militant anti-christian zealots never get angry at the Jews, or harass Jewish people for the Old Testament? They were the ones who wrote it.

Jack perfectly understands the metaphor about acquiring the knowledge of evil, he is just pretending he doesn't.

I would be very surprised if he was introducing young grandchildren to R rated movies, drug dealers, or introducing them to whiskey.

I wonder why militant anti-christian zealots never get angry at the Jews, or harass Jewish people for the Old Testament? They were the ones who wrote it.

'Good': Helping an Old Lady across the Street.
'Evil': Pushing an Old Lady in front of a Bus.

Why would I not want to teach my children the difference? Why would I not want them to have this knowledge?

'Good': Helping an Old Lady across the Street.
'Evil': Pushing an Old Lady in front of a Bus.

Why would I not want to teach my children the difference? Why would I not want them to have this knowledge?

You know perfectly well there is a lot of evil in the world good parents shelter their children from.

I've confronted Guno with his 'Hebrew Supremacy' in killing the Canaanites.
I've questioned his sanity in NOT eating Bacon Sandwiches.
I've asked him if he REALLY believes God wrote the Ten Commandments.
I've asked him his opinion on Moses having a man killed for picking up sticks on the Sabbath.

His reply: 'We all know it's bullshit, but it's our Tradition'.

Now, I can respect that. It would be like today's Romans embracing Zeus, not that they actually believe any of the myths, but because it's a cultural tradition.

See the difference? You and Dutch actually BELIEVE in a 'Man-God'. You think that is a REAL THING.

I've confronted Guno with his 'Hebrew Supremacy' in killing the Canaanites.
I've questioned his sanity in NOT eating Bacon Sandwiches.
I've asked him if he REALLY believes God wrote the Ten Commandments.
I've asked him his opinion on Moses having a man killed for picking up sticks on the Sabbath.

His reply: 'We all know it's bullshit, but it's our Tradition'.

Now, I can respect that. It would be like today's Romans embracing Zeus, not that they actually believe any of the myths, but because it's a cultural tradition.

See the difference? You and Dutch actually BELIEVE in a 'Man-God'. You think that is a REAL THING.

So, one time mocking a Jewish poster

Zero times harassing and mocking Buddhist posters

And ten billion times mocking and deriding Jesus and world Christianity as a whole.

I would say you still have an enormous amount of work ahead of you to prove you are a genuinely and consistently irreligious person, and not just a militant anti-christian troll

Agreed. He's bipolar and just being an ass. That's why I'm going to help him the next time he runs toward the Ban Cliff.

He has choices; take his meds, answer my question or watch me help him get perm-banned.

m1C09ck.jpg

I was looking for you last night, Jack. Please quit hiding from me. Your future is in your own hands, but my actions are beyond your control.

5t4gr8.gif

So, one time harassing a Jewish poster

zero times harassing and mocking Buddhist posters

And ten billion times mocking and deriding Jesus and world Christianity as a whole.

I would say you still have an enormous amount of work ahead of you to prove you are a genuinely and consistently irreligious person, and not just a militant anti-christian troll

:laugh: Well, first, I could care less what the Religious Quacks think of my 'prove you are a genuinely and consistently irreligious person, and not just a militant anti-christian troll'.
Secondly, what you call 'harassing a Jewish poster', is what I call having a discussion on his Belief System here on a Politics Forum. Guno seems like an intelligent person, well versed in Hebrew lore, and totally enmeshed in his Ethnic Identity. To my surprise, he gave a very honest answer, 'it's Tradition'.
I think the only Buddhists here are Damocles and Anatta. They mentioned it to me maybe once, and that was the extent of it. I know very little about 'Buddhism' so could offer not much of a discussion on it.
I'm a little familiar with 'Christianity'. I've given my thoughts on it. Again ... easy to believe Primitive People can believe in a 'Man-God', difficult to believe Modern People can fall for this obvious ruse. The 'Magic' in the Bible is so archaic, even Thomas Jefferson re-wrote the Bible taking out all the Occult stuff. (Did you know for many years, the Jefferson Bible was handed to New Members of Congress). The 'Philosophy' as I have repeatedly stated is that of a 'Slave Religion'. Mainly, 'Just do what you are told, the BIG PAYOFF is in the NEXT Life'. So, like other Philosophies, some I like (like Epicureanism) and others I disregard.

Ah ... well you said it was 'Knowledge of Good and Evil'. That doesn't strike me as a 'Sin'.

And yet I am fully aware that you grasp the theological point made in the Jewish Bible, despite your attempts at word-smithing.

I did not write the Jewish Bible. The statement I made is that compared to other animals, humans are uniquely violent and homicidal, and it seems like there is a tiny kernel of truth to a metaphysical concept like corruption by original sin

And yet I am fully aware that you grasp the theological point made in the Jewish Bible, despite your attempts at word-smithing.

I did not write the Jewish Bible. The statement I made is that compared to other animals, humans are uniquely violent and homicidal, and it seems like there is a tiny kernel of truth to a metaphysical concept like corruption by original sin

Please enlighten me. WHAT was the 'Sin'. WHO committed the 'Sin'. WHY is 'knowledge' a Bad Thing? I'm sure YOU know what you are talking about, but for us laymen, try to explain it in simple English.

Jefferson Bible --->"Now the world knew about Jefferson’s private Bible, and from 1904 to the 1950s, incoming Senators received their own copy of the Bible. That practice ended once the government-sponsored printing ran out, but in the 1990s, economist Judd W. Patton revived the tradition, and began mailing it to each member of Congress. Today, Jefferson’s secret Bible is held by the Smithsonian Institution, which has digitized the book for anyone to read. "
https://www.history.com/news/thomas-jefferson-bible-religious-beliefs

Back