Top Ten Board assholes - VOTE NOW!

Who are the top ten board assholes? VOTE 10 or less CHOICES

• Total voters
Yes, you certainly are. Ironically, you are everything, except a cunt, as all real men know them to be great, valient, beautiful, and tremendous beacons of good and sanctimony.

And thus, Threedee's tragic weakness (or is it a strength?) revealed.

Even as an undergrad (over 18), his brilliance was obvious. He excelled at every exam, every science experiment was obvious to him, he developed new theorems on a daily basis.

All expected great things from him as he pursued his PhD program in physics/chemistry/engineering; at the age of 26 he was on the verge of discovering a cure for cancer AND a great anti-pimple cream.

Alas... women were his downfall. Or his salvation. They were everywhere and they were begging for his attention. He realized the true beauty in life was worshipping at the altar of the female body, and so he deserted his studies, and entered the military so he could sample the joys of the flesh on all continents.

The women of the military thrilled to have Threedee among them and ensured his studies of human pleasure would progress with no delay; and now Threedee is applying his amazing brilliance to a unified theory of human loving. The world awaits, hushed, to see what emerges from this philosopher genius.....

that's Greek to me.....something about brothers and sisters if I recall without referring to my dusty dictionary....

Rough translation:

Go, Old man, and do not let me see you besides the ships, either loitering or coming back later, lest the staff and hat of the gods does not protect you. I will not free her. Sooner than that, she will have grown old back in my home in Greece, going back and forth along the loom, and sharing in my bed. Now go, and don't piss me off. Safer, in that way, will you return home.

The girl being referred to here is the old man's daughter, whom Agamemnon has taken as a love slave after sacking the old man's town.

But this is Homeric Geek, not the Koine you likely learned to read the new testament. They're not entirely mutually intelligible.

Last edited:
Save your homo erotic fantasies for HowAIDS. I am not your type. I realize that you got all moist in your private places over gay marriage, but I just don't swing that way.

Apparently you are just bitter because I am a bigger asshole than you and I didn't have to go begging for it like you did.
Shut up...asshole!

The Samuel Butler translation (I would quote a better one, but I'm on my phone, and an limited to public domain translations found on the internet):

"Old man," said he, "let me not find you tarrying about our ships, nor yet coming hereafter. Your sceptre of the god and your wreath shall profit you nothing. I will not free her. She shall grow old in my house at Argos far from her own home, busying herself with her loom and visiting my couch; so go, and do not provoke me or it shall be the worse for you."

Hehe, "visiting my couch". That's cute, 19th century

Even as an undergrad (over 18), his brilliance was obvious. He excelled at every exam, every science experiment was obvious to him, he developed new theorems on a daily basis.

All expected great things from him as he pursued his PhD program in physics/chemistry/engineering; at the age of 26 he was on the verge of discovering a cure for cancer AND a great anti-pimple cream.

Alas... women were his downfall. Or his salvation. They were everywhere and they were begging for his attention. He realized the true beauty in life was worshipping at the altar of the female body, and so he deserted his studies, and entered the military so he could sample the joys of the flesh on all continents.

The women of the military thrilled to have Threedee among them and ensured his studies of human pleasure would progress with no delay; and now Threedee is applying his amazing brilliance to a unified theory of human loving. The world awaits, hushed, to see what emerges from this philosopher genius.....
You're making to much out of this Tekky...The boy simply likes big tits...and frogs...don't mess with his Frog.

The Samuel Butler translation (I would quote a better one, but I'm on my phone, and an limited to public domain translations found on the internet):

"Old man," said he, "let me not find you tarrying about our ships, nor yet coming hereafter. Your sceptre of the god and your wreath shall profit you nothing. I will not free her. She shall grow old in my house at Argos far from her own home, busying herself with her loom and visiting my couch; so go, and do not provoke me or it shall be the worse for you."

Hehe, "visiting my couch". That's cute, 19th century
You think that's funny? Wow...what an asshole!

WHERE ARE MY VOTES PEOPLE!!!

Come on you morons! Is ILA the biggest asshole you can come up with? Is this the best you can do?? How pathetic!!!

You think that's funny? Wow...what an asshole!

No, I think the translation is funny. They did not have couches in ancient Greece... Butler is trying to Bowlderize the text, very typical 19th century Victorian translation. And yes, Agamemnon's a gigantic ass, I've always been of the opinion that Chlytemnestra deserved a damn medal.

i knew it would blow up.

zQtYBb3.jpg

"what a cambodian child exclaimed after taking a wrong turn in a rice paddy field!"

No, I think the translation is funny. They did not have couches in ancient Greece... Butler is trying to Bowlderize the text, very typical 19th century Victorian translation. And yes, Agamemnon's a gigantic ass, I've always been of the opinion that Chlytemnestra deserved a damn medal.
That was a joke Skidmark. ;)

Yes, you certainly are. Ironically, you are everything, except a cunt, as all real men know them to be great, valient, beautiful, and tremendous beacons of good and sanctimony.

Tremendous beacons of good and sanctimony? Do your girlfriends have lights installed to help guide you in when it's dark?

I think it is clear that I am the hands down winner. I would like to move forward with my acceptance speech, however my advisors have told me that Mott the Hoople is launching a challenge to the vote. Apparently some of the more stupid liberals (tekkychick and desh) could not figure out how to use the chads when they cast their vote and they apparently mistakenly voted for Pat Buchanan instead of Mott the Hoople.

Sources tell us that Mott will be filing a lawsuit with the US Supreme Court to have the results of this vote overturned.

Stay tuned.....................

A couple of things, he has never been anywhere with the military except in a windowless room somewhere near Seattle and he did a degree in history.

Back