Truth Social stock circling the drain - time to admit Trump's business acumen sucks

Anyone remember the victory laps conservatives were doing on here during the 1st week or so when it looked like Trump was making billions?

What's really laughable is that the stock is still overpriced, at least by a factor of ten. There is no there there. Trump is cozying up to Elon Musk, he's back on X, and his campaign is falling apart. I'm sure some day traders made money on this, but no serious investor is in it for the long haul. You would have to be an idiot to risk money on a slight uptick of a stock that basically has no assets to back it. And that will never declare a dividend. If Trump starts selling, it will just guarantee another massive selloff.

No, that means that djt is losing money hand over fist, will run out of money soon, and has no way of getting more money.

Sure... I mean - you're credible.... Oh wait.

I know everything is political to you, but a lot of people are interested in business. In a business sense, this is a disaster.

ROFL

You are spewing purely political shit because you are consumed with hatred.

Sure... I mean - you're credible.... Oh wait.

ROFL

You are spewing purely political shit because you are consumed with hatred.
So, stating an objective fact is 'spewing purely political shit'? So tell me what in the valuation of DJT makes you think it is anything more than a penny stock? Wow us with your financial acumen. Dazzle us with the underlying number that just screams 'buy!!!'

I'll wait.

My Roth now mainly consists of income stocks that would be subject to normal capital gains tax, like REITs. About 80% of my holdings in my Roth are preferred stocks that tend to trade in a pretty small range, because the return is based on par, not current value. I manage Trust accounts for both of my kids, and I have focused on growth in those, I also have a trust which holds everything I can put into it. That trust is also about income generation. I make way more money now than I did when I was working. I reinvested every dime of dividend until the day I retired. The only thing I paid out of those trusts was my tax liability for the income in the trust. I believe in the S&P, and that's where most of my investments for growth are made. I agree it's much easier to do that than to speculate wildly, and it's served me well. I feel like I've made only two pretty big gambles over the years, and both worked out well. They were educated gambles, and they were made during tumultuous times. In most fairly settled environments, you should set and forget, exactly the way you put it.
Now that is well thought out. I like the way you shelter your high income portfolio from any taxes.

By the end of the year, 70% of my Roth will be in SWTSX(Schwabb total stock market), 20% will be in SWISX(Schwabb international stock market), 10% will be in SCOXX(Treasury obligations), and a tiny amount in SVUXX(corporate bonds). I have been shifting from the bonds into the stocks through dollar cost averaging over the year. It is the simplest strategy I think can work.

I believe this can with minimum fuss take care of me from age 59.5 till my death, even if I live a very, very long time.

Again, if you think I am wrong, no one is stopping you from investing in djt. That is the great thing about the stock market. You can do whatever you want.

I've made no secret that I will vote for America in a few days - we have voting season in California. Voting FOR America means voting for Trump, as we all know.

What symbol is DJT trading under? I didn't know a person could be traded?

At market close Wednesday the Truth Social traded at $20.10—a 65.34% drop from when the company debuted on the Nasdaq exchange on March 26 through a special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) merger

Truth Social stock closed below $17 a share yesterday.

Marjorie Taylor Green bought up to $50,000 of Trump stock when it was priced at $67 a share :laugh:

I've made no secret that I will vote for America in a few days - we have voting season in California. Voting FOR America means voting for Trump, as we all know.

What symbol is DJT trading under? I didn't know a person could be traded?
Trump Media is trading under the symbol DJT. Referring to a company by their symbol is quite common.
MSFT is currently trading down. TSLA is down quite a bit today.

The company DJT is losing money. It is reporting that loss in it's required FEC filings. There is currently no possible way for DJT to make money in the near future because they don't have the subscriber base or the advertisers.

Trump Media is trading under the symbol DJT. Referring to a company by their symbol is quite common.
MSFT is currently trading down. TSLA is down quite a bit today.

Shows how much attention I pay to Truth Social.

The company DJT is losing money. It is reporting that loss in it's required FEC filings. There is currently no possible way for DJT to make money in the near future because they don't have the subscriber base or the advertisers.

Didn't Amazon lose money for 13 straight years?

I guess that turned out to be a pretty bad investment for people.

No. Amazon didn't lose money for 13 straight years.

Amazon sales grew fairly rapidly from its start in 1994 in Bezos garage. It became a publicly traded company in 1997 and had sales of $147 million. By the time it had its first profitable quarter in 2001, it had annual revenues of almost $4 billion. Amazon investors were buying a rapid growth in revenues with the expectation that the growth would result in profit once the cost of growing was gone.

DJT in the year it has gone public has sales of about $1.6 million in the first 6 months of this year which is down from the previous year before it went public when it made 2.2 million in the first 6 months of the year. A company that is showing reduced sales while increasing costs by by 1540% isn't a company that has a bright future. It is bleeding cash with no increase in sales to allow for future profit.

No. Amazon didn't lose money for 13 straight years.

Amazon sales grew fairly rapidly from its start in 1994 in Bezos garage. It became a publicly traded company in 1997 and had sales of $147 million. By the time it had its first profitable quarter in 2001, it had annual revenues of almost $4 billion. Amazon investors were buying a rapid growth in revenues with the expectation that the growth would result in profit once the cost of growing was gone.

So from 1994 to 2001 it didn't make a dime of profit?

Your argument then is they lost money for 7 years, not 13?

What's really laughable is that the stock is still overpriced, at least by a factor of ten. There is no there there. Trump is cozying up to Elon Musk, he's back on X, and his campaign is falling apart. I'm sure some day traders made money on this, but no serious investor is in it for the long haul. You would have to be an idiot to risk money on a slight uptick of a stock that basically has no assets to back it. And that will never declare a dividend. If Trump starts selling, it will just guarantee another massive selloff.
I believe that's what we're seeing now. People who believed he would beat Biden are now jumping ship before trump cashes out.

Amazon always had a plan to get more money, as needed. djt is running out of money, and has been setup to get no more money. It is just poor business management.
He has so many shares, he'll make at least $1 billion when he cashes out. I think his small dollar donations (for his legal bills) have dried up. Now he has to work for a living, or find new marks.

He has so many shares, he'll make at least $1 billion when he cashes out. I think his small dollar donations (for his legal bills) have dried up. Now he has to work for a living, or find new marks.

I honestly don’t think he will make even close to that. There have to be buyers. He won’t be able to sell all his shares at the current price. And once the selling starts EVERYONE who holds the stock will dump it. It’s unlikely he will be able to sell everything he’s got. Smart buyers won’t offer even a dollar per share. It will get ugly when he starts to sell.

I honestly don’t think he will make even close to that. There have to be buyers. He won’t be able to sell all his shares at the current price. And once the selling starts EVERYONE who holds the stock will dump it. It’s unlikely he will be able to sell everything he’s got. Smart buyers won’t offer even a dollar per share. It will get ugly when he starts to sell.
I think he owns 600,000 shares?

Edit...115,000 shares

The only question is whether or not foreign investors believe he will win the election. We've already seen that they are happy to pour hundreds of million$ into his pockets through a variety of his ventures. He dumped the DC hotel the moment he lost in '20. Odd how the revenue stream just dried up overnight.

It is fascinating to see how so much is riding on one election for one particular candidate. I wonder if he'll just blow his head off if he loses?

Last edited:

I wouldn’t own Amazon but it ain’t truth social. If you don’t know the difference then I’d suggest never investing. A fool and his money…

Back