Universal, subsidized child Day care - scandinavian style

LOL, gov run pre pre k not expensive. LOFL

yes 3 TA's for 30 kids at $10hr. And we'd have 11 admin guys making 175,000 for every 30 ta's.
I've never heard a serious candidate propose it, just a nutcase like cypress castro.:clink:

You obviously have never had any interaction with people who make less the 40k a year. I have.

The county-subizided, toddler day care at our local community college costs students around $300 a month. For full time day care. Obviously, its susidized. And its excellent quality.

and you obviously don't know the difference between a limosine liberal county and the federal Goverment.:clink:

my bad when you said universal subisidized I took it to mean as in the feds like when someone says universal healthcare they mean federal.

You obviously have never had any interaction with people who make less the 40k a year. I have.

The county-subizided, toddler day care at our local community college costs students around $300 a month. For full time day care. Obviously, its susidized. And its excellent quality.

I was going with free, but certainly any contribution a person could make would help.

next, what would the 3 IT people be needed for?

my bad when you said universal subisidized I took it to mean as in the feds like when someone says universal healthcare they mean federal.

Well, I can understand that.

Many people who evidently listen to rightwing talk radio, automatically confuse and conflate the word "universal", with something that is run by a federal office building somewhere in washington.

yes 3 TA's for 30 kids at $10hr. And we'd have 11 admin guys making 175,000 for every 30 ta's.
I've never heard a serious candidate propose it, just a nutcase like cypress castro.:clink:

what would you need admin people for to run the school. If you've already got admin people working for the regular school year they'd already be working there for the summer programs. And its not like their jobs really interact with the kids anyway.

Many people who evidently listen to rightwing talk radio, automatically confuse and conflate the word "universal", with something that is run by a federal office building somewhere in washington.

How many universal programs in the U.S. don't have a federal presence of some sort?

S.S., Medicare, Medicaid, Education...

How do you make it universal without federal involvement?

Anyone know anything about Montessori. I'm thinking of sending my son there when he's older. Public schools are shit now. They just teach to tests and most got rid of art and music which I think is important.

I sent my 3 kids to Montessori preschool, from age of 2, 5 mornings a week. I did end up pulling the youngest out, while still 2, as he needed more structure and more 'free time', I know it sounds contradictory, but isn't. He needed the social interaction of more games and such, rather than 'individual exploration.' For my other two, it was great. With that said, all 3 entered kindergarten reading at least at 2nd grade levels, printing, doing basic math. Bottom line, probably has more to do with home and education level of parents.

I teach middle school, this year we're getting a new 6th grader, she's been in Montessori since preschool. Her mother is concerned that she may be deficient in some academic areas, I should be able to give you anecdotal account in maybe mid-October.

I sent my 3 kids to Montessori preschool, from age of 2, 5 mornings a week. I did end up pulling the youngest out, while still 2, as he needed more structure and more 'free time', I know it sounds contradictory, but isn't. He needed the social interaction of more games and such, rather than 'individual exploration.' For my other two, it was great. With that said, all 3 entered kindergarten reading at least at 2nd grade levels, printing, doing basic math. Bottom line, probably has more to do with home and education level of parents.

I teach middle school, this year we're getting a new 6th grader, she's been in Montessori since preschool. Her mother is concerned that she may be deficient in some academic areas, I should be able to give you anecdotal account in maybe mid-October.

Awesome info. I'll try to remember to ask again in October.

Back