Universal, subsidized child Day care - scandinavian style

Mine did too. I guess it has gone downhill since I was in school though. Or do some thing it does not depend on the child and parents involvement ?
If I sent them to school therefore if they did not get a good education it is the school/gummits fault ?

Mine did too. I guess it has gone downhill since I was in school though. Or do some thing it does not depend on the child and parents involvement ?
If I sent them to school therefore if they did not get a good education it is the school/gummits fault ?

I did alright with public schools as well, but in the decades since it has steadily declined. Disciplinary authority has been stripped from the teachers and principals. Classes are taught to the lowest common denominator... because they don't want kids to feel bad.... blah blah blah... Our system is deteriorating rapidly. Compare our education system to that of the Japanese.

I did alright with public schools as well, but in the decades since it has steadily declined. Disciplinary authority has been stripped from the teachers and principals. Classes are taught to the lowest common denominator... because they don't want kids to feel bad.... blah blah blah... Our system is deteriorating rapidly. Compare our education system to that of the Japanese.

You sound like your grandfather.

Anyone know anything about Montessori. I'm thinking of sending my son there when he's older. Public schools are shit now. They just teach to tests and most got rid of art and music which I think is important.

Anyone know anything about Montessori. I'm thinking of sending my son there when he's older. Public schools are shit now. They just teach to tests and most got rid of art and music which I think is important.
Montessori in my area have a political agenda and teach to a liberal mindset specifically. We looked into them, and they don't even attempt to hide it.

While I do not have kids myself, several of my buddies have sent their kids to Montessori schools here in CO since they were 2. They have been very happy with the results.

What specifically?

Some consider creativity to be liberal. LOL
Not that, they teach specific versions of history that are as inaccurate as the cheerleading historical accounts from a more pro-nation version. It is as if they just flip it and think that makes it accurate.

If they taught more accurately I would have sent my kids there because of the creativity they promote.

The funny thing was that they begun this at the pre-school level and Thanksgiving.

Child care is expensive. I pay 12,000 dollars a year for 1 child. It seems like funding that would raise taxes beyond their already ridiculous levels.

It wouldn't cost 12k a year:

1) It would be government subsidized, with those above a certain income threshhold paying a share
2) Everyone in america would be paying for it: not just a few tens of millions of parents
3) The considerable bargaining power of the State or Local government could be leveraged.

Anyway, I think that's how it works in places like Denmark and France.

It wouldn't cost 12k a year:

1) It would be government subsidized, with those above a certain income threshhold paying a share
2) Everyone in america would be paying for it: not just a few tens of millions of parents
3) The considerable bargaining power of the State or Local government could be leveraged.

Anyway, I think that's how it works in places like Denmark and France.

So not only would I be paying 12k a year for mine but I'd be paying for everyone elses too. I don't like that idea.

So not only would I be paying 12k a year for mine but I'd be paying for everyone elses too. I don't like that idea.

Nor do I. If someone has kids... THEY can pay for them. I already help foot the bill for their education and healthcare... I think I have contributed enough to their kids.

Back