very important lessons to be learned from brokeback mountain

Driving 3-5 miles to a mall in montana probably takes five minutes. There's no traffic, no congestion, and few traffic lights.

Driving 3-5 blocks to a mall in New Jersey might take fifteen minutes, with traffic, lights, and congestion ;)
More people have LadyT's reaction though. The fundamental reason most people live in and around cities is that most people prefer it that way. It's true. What happens when people are forced to move out of cities? They bring it with 'em. Then you get suburbs, which are just larval cities without any cultural maturity.

:cool:

It's all good, though. There will always be people who prefer to live with lots of elbow room around them. I used to be one myself, but I'm too lazy now. I'll visit Montana for a vacation but I probably wouldn't want to live there.

Also, I don't think I'd want to raise my child in an area where they'd be the only black person. I've noticed that those kinds of kids have severe image issues.

You easterners crack me up ;)

Having sex with barnyard animals is a southern thing. Where unedcuated rubes rule. Don't drag the west in with those inbreds.

Montana is ranked as the Seventh best educated state in the country:

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank06.htm

I also heard they hang black people in the multitude of trees that Montana contains. Last thing I want to see when driving down the road is a body hanging in a tree. You Crackers in Montana need to quit thinkin your so damn smart and realize that black people are people too.

More people have LadyT's reaction though. The fundamental reason most people live in and around cities is that most people prefer it that way. It's true. What happens when people are forced to move out of cities? They bring it with 'em. Then you get suburbs, which are just larval cities without any cultural maturity.

:cool:

It's all good, though. There will always be people who prefer to live with lots of elbow room around them. I used to be one myself, but I'm too lazy now. I'll visit Montana for a vacation but I probably wouldn't want to live there.

;)

I disagre to an extent: most people choose to live in crowded, urban areas because that's where the economic opportunities are. Not because they like rubbing elbows with a lot of people.

I bet a lot of people would love to live in smaller towns, with less crime and congestion, if the economic opportunites were there.

;)

I disagre to an extent: most people choose to live in crowded, urban areas because that's where the economic opportunities are. Not because they like rubbing elbows with a lot of people.

I bet a lot of people would love to live in smaller towns, with less crime and congestion, if the economic opportunites were there.
That's the accepted paradigm and I'm sure it's true for a lot of people. Probably the ones who move to suburbs. Fact is, though, that suburbs either tend to build up to cities or wither away.

The highest home prices are *always* in densely populated urban centers. That's the prestigious place to live: always has been and probably always will be. Sure, there are counter examples. Diversity is the hallmark of humanity. The fact remains, though, that the majority of people generally prefer to live in or near cities.

That's the accepted paradigm and I'm sure it's true for a lot of people. Probably the ones who move to suburbs. Fact is, though, that suburbs either tend to build up to cities or wither away.

The highest home prices are *always* in densely populated urban centers. That's the prestigious place to live: always has been and probably always will be. Sure, there are counter examples. Diversity is the hallmark of humanity. The fact remains, though, that the majority of people generally prefer to live in or near cities.

Suburbs are the worst possible choice of all. To me, anyway. All of the traffic and congestion of the urban core, and none of the hipness or culture.

I'd rather be in a hip urban core, or out in a laid-back more rural setting. I can totally see why some people love living IN San Fran, Manhattan, or Seattle.

Rotflmao....

The problem was it was filmed in Northern Canada... So, Canada sucks ass and is low on gay bars...

and ya forgot to mention that the movie was not about 'Cow Boys' more like sheep hearders wearing Cow Boy Hats! Also I am a Cow Boy did some rodeo back when I was younger...when not riding I wear baseball caps and wear Hiking Boots not Cow Boy Boots...but I do drink beer...and chase girls not sheep or other guys!:clink:

Suburbs are the worst possible choice of all. To me, anyway. All of the traffic and congestion of the urban core, and none of the hipness or culture.

I'd rather be in a hip urban core, or out in a laid-back more rural setting. I can totally see why some people love living IN San Fran, Manhattan, or Seattle.

Hey! I live in the burbs and my area's hip:

- We've got two performing arts theaters
- Several decent shopping areas
- virtually every type of restaurant you can think of
- Movie theaters galore
- Two big universities within 30 miles of each other (one is even Ivy League)
- easy access to major international airports and NYC
- a lot of radio stations
- great cable
- and a lot of ethnic and cultural diversity

most of what I mentioned can be accessed in under 20 minutes.

Hey! I live in the burbs and my area's hip:

- We've got two performing arts theaters
- Several decent shopping areas
- virtually every type of restaurant you can think of
- Movie theaters galore
- Two big universities within 30 miles of each other (one is even Ivy League)
- easy access to major international airports and NYC
- a lot of radio stations
- great cable
- and a lot of ethnic and cultural diversity

most of what I mentioned can be accessed in under 20 minutes.

Sounds cool.

But, doesn't virutally everything involve hopping in your car, sitting at fifteen red lights, and searching for parking? That's the kind of stuff that drove me nuts, when I lived in the burbs.

Sounds cool.

But, doesn't virutally everything involve hopping in your car, sitting at fifteen red lights, and searching for parking? That's the kind of stuff that drove me nuts, when I lived in the burbs.

No doubt. Driving here is a nightmare at the wrong time. I complain about it all the time and I have a feeling traffic is what will eventually drive me out.

No doubt. Driving here is a nightmare at the wrong time. I complain about it all the time and I have a feeling traffic is what will eventually drive me out.

Tell me about it!

I visited my 'bro in the Wash, DC suburbs, and between traffic, red lights, and parking, it took us about 30 minutes to drive to a restaurant that was like 6 miles away.

Tell me about it!

I visited my 'bro in the Wash, DC suburbs, and between traffic, red lights, and parking, it took us about 30 minutes to drive to a restaurant that was like 6 miles away.

6 miles here........6 minutes tops. I love it. That's how far work is...6 miles or 6 minutes, however you want to look at it.:)

and ya forgot to mention that the movie was not about 'Cow Boys' more like sheep hearders wearing Cow Boy Hats! Also I am a Cow Boy did some rodeo back when I was younger...when not riding I wear baseball caps and wear Hiking Boots not Cow Boy Boots...but I do drink beer...and chase girls not sheep or other guys!:clink:
I had to wear boots and spurs while Bull Riding... It's all part of the gig. You gotta spur them to show control during the ride.

Back