Virginia woman killed in 'grisly mauling' by her dogs, cops say

I don't carry a gun. I don't worry about pit bulls, i stay out of their way. What I meant is I'd never own one because they can't be trusted. And who wants a dog you can't trust.
You probably shouldn't have any dog then. They most certainly can be trusted. Read up on them. They used to be America's family dog...a "nanny dog"...
If you have a good owner, it's likely you'll have a good dog. If you have a poor owner, you're going to have a dog that can't be trusted.
Any breed. Any type.
You've never actually been around a pit, have you?
What if you got invited to Jennifer Aniston or Rachael Ray's home (or the dozens of other celebrities who have pits). Would you not go because they can't be trusted? We have a husky. There are stories of husky aggression. Are you fearful of all huskies?
Is that you dog in the picture?

I'm an experienced dog owner, but I don't trust those at all.

Nature vs. nuture, a lot may rest on the latter but don't discounte former. Breeds have specific traits and pit bulls, while there are exceptions to the rule, are an aggressive, bully breed. I cannot trust them.
You're not an "experienced" dog owner if you mistrust a dog because of the type it is...Pits are not an aggressive bully breed. They are not a breed at all.

That is changing, every day, but you may not know... They just lifted the ban here. And added an anti-tethering law...
It's all about how they've been raised. But even if they've been abused or neglected or trained to be aggressive in the past, poor behavior is often able to be reversed. I see it happen every day...

Well, CFM (to name one) is certainly a close match in the prejudice department. Two sides of the same coin, I think. It's a shame.
Oh, there are others, that's for sure. I think 4 so far that I've seen wish death or rejoice...I just don't every understand that....

You don't know squat about those particular dogs other than the rumination of one Barney Fife's 'feelings'. lmao

Again, most dog fighting rings are run by blacks, but you're good with all that. She or whomever owned them probably adopted not knowing their background and the dogs snapped.

You apparently could use some work on your reading comprehension skills.

That is changing, every day, but you may not know... They just lifted the ban here. And added an anti-tethering law...
It's all about how they've been raised. But even if they've been abused or neglected or trained to be aggressive in the past, poor behavior is often able to be reversed. I see it happen every day...
Sometimes it can be reversed, sometimes not. It isn't all about how they've been raised. Someone could neglect and beat a retriever within an inch of it's life and it wouldn't as much growl at someone. Pit bulls have been docile, alleged 'family dogs' and mauled children to death out the blue, with no provocation.

Sometimes it can be reversed, sometimes not. It isn't all about how they've been raised. Someone could neglect and beat a retriever within an inch of it's life and it wouldn't as much growl at someone. Pit bulls have been docile, alleged 'family dogs' and mauled children to death out the blue, with no provocation.

LINK???

Guess so. Cuz I read no specifics on the history of those dogs other than the opinion of a Barney Fife cop.

If you could read at a normal level, you'd have also read no instances of me making any definitive or declarative statements about what did or did not happen, or even what her political affiliation, if any, might be.

I merely proposed possible scenarios and made some likely assumptions based on what is known about the woman.

You decided to be a butt hurt snowflake over it.

The innate nature, the genetics of a dog cannot be changed or 'nurtured' out of him.
Where do you find the "genetic" information on this type of dog that says it can never be trusted and would be capable of attack at any time?
That being said, poor behavior that is learned can be changed...

Back