We can all agree on 1 thing!

Desh there are people that believe even if Assad used chemical weapons the U.S. should not send in missiles and attack.

this happened

these people are dead

they were gassed.

all the evidence shows it was ass sad who did it.

why do you pretend that's not true?

this happened

these people are dead

they were gassed.

all the evidence shows it was ass sad who did it.

why do you pretend that's not true?

Desh there are people who believe that even if Assad used chemical weapons that the U.S. should not send in missiles and attack.

Desh there are people that believe even if Assad used chemical weapons the U.S. should not send in missiles and attack.

Indeed, as BAC is one likely other non-GOP folks are too.

While I've been reading a few of these Syria threads, is there anyone on this board, other than Desh that supports the bombing? Tekky gave a lot of attagirls to Desh early on, sort of slowed down on those though...

because its OK to gas babies in their sleep?

No. Many have stated on this board why they don't think we should go in. And stating one doesn't believe the U.S. shouldn't get involved doesn't mean they approve of babies getting gassed. It's about the big picture of what would happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Protocol_II

Historically, international law of armed conflict addressed traditional declarations of war between nations. When the Geneva Conventions were updated in 1949 after the Second World War, delegates sought to define certain minimum humanitarian standards to situations that had all the characteristics of war, without being an international war.[3]

These negotiations resulted in Article 3, common to all four of the basic treaties of the Geneva Conventions of 1949. Common Article 3 applies to armed conflicts that are not of an international character, but that are contained within the boundaries of a single country. It provides limited protections to victims, including:
Persons taking no active part in hostilities should be treated humanely (including military persons who have ceased to be active as a result of sickness, injury, or detention).
The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for.

Indeed, as BAC is one likely other non-GOP folks are too.

While I've been reading a few of these Syria threads, is there anyone on this board, other than Desh that supports the bombing? Tekky gave a lot of attagirls to Desh early on, sort of slowed down on those though...

I've been on the fence. I do think atrocities get to a point where action is justified.

However, I can't see how we can really have any significant impact on this situation. The objectives aren't defined - there is no measure for "success." It's too much deja vu from past mistakes, imo.

hollllly shit did we really need a clever pun from darla to then be followed by 25 posts explaining the joke, adding asterisks, and preemptively making absolutely clear that darla isn't a hip hater?

If dictator have to worry about getting their military assets bombed if they harm their own people then it will save lives

No. Many have stated on this board why they don't think we should go in. And stating one doesn't believe the U.S. shouldn't get involved doesn't mean they approve of babies getting gassed. It's about the big picture of what would happen.

Yeah. I do remember you guys though (not you in particular but you were such a rare exception among repugs during the bush years) accusing me of wanting to apologize to the terrorists when I didn't support the Iraq war though. I mean, right wing memory sure is short term. That was only one of the accusations. I mean, this shit is nothing new. I have learned to brush it off, for the most part, though it still can get annoying from time to time.

Seriously, pro-iraq war, bush loving righties were absolutely rabid during those years. Dogs. Rabid dogs. Rabid attack dogs. Let's not forget. They did nothing but fling their bodies to and fro trying to free themselves from the chains holding them, snarl, spray spittle, and attempt to rip out your throat.

No .. they hate me .. but they do thank you for supporting their favorite issue.

By the time we get around to blowing up Iran, you'll be their favorite poster.

thanks for you scorn

when I prove to be correct on this issue will you like me again?

Yeah. I do remember you guys though (not you in particular but you were such a rare exception among repugs during the bush years) accusing me of wanting to apologize to the terrorists when I didn't support the Iraq war though. I mean, right wing memory sure is short term. That was only one of the accusations. I mean, this shit is nothing new. I have learned to brush it off, for the most part, though it still can get annoying from time to time.

Seriously, pro-iraq war, bush loving righties were absolutely rabid during those years. Dogs. Rabid dogs. Rabid attack dogs. Let's not forget. They did nothing but fling their bodies to and fro trying to free themselves from the chains holding them, snarl, spray spittle, and attempt to rip out your throat.

remember how they defended shit like abu graib?

Back