We can all agree on 1 thing!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09...test+-+Text)

Free Syrian Army spokesman Fahd Al-Masri has told Fox News that former Syrian Defense Minister General Ali Habib has defected and is now in Turkey.

Ali Habib crossed the border from Syria last night, Reuters reports, but Syrian State TV claims he is still in his home in Syria.

Al-Masri told Fox News that Ali Habib is with Turkish officials and is in the process of making contacted with Syrian opposition figures within Turkey.

Ali Habib left his defense minister post in 2011 after reportedly complaining about civilian attacks coordinated by President Bashar Assad’s regime.
The announcement of the defection comes as a Syrian forensic medicine expert also fled to Turkey on Tuesday, Reuters reports.Istanbul-based opposition coalition spokeswoman Sarah Karkour said Abdeltawwab Shahrour, head of the forensic medicine committee in Aleppo, has evidence that Assad used chemical weapons in a March attack on Aleppo and is planning to reveal it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09...#ixzz2dwiCfzTg

Yeah. I do remember you guys though (not you in particular but you were such a rare exception among repugs during the bush years) accusing me of wanting to apologize to the terrorists when I didn't support the Iraq war though. I mean, right wing memory sure is short term. That was only one of the accusations. I mean, this shit is nothing new. I have learned to brush it off, for the most part, though it still can get annoying from time to time.

Seriously, pro-iraq war, bush loving righties were absolutely rabid during those years. Dogs. Rabid dogs. Rabid attack dogs. Let's not forget. They did nothing but fling their bodies to and fro trying to free themselves from the chains holding them, snarl, spray spittle, and attempt to rip out your throat.

It's possible I was like that as well. As I was typing to Desh I was asking myself in my head if I was being hypocritical here based on all that was said in '02 and '03.

hollllly shit did we really need a clever pun from darla to then be followed by 25 posts explaining the joke, adding asterisks, and preemptively making absolutely clear that darla isn't a hip hater?

actually, it wasn't that clever, which is why Darla felt the need to immediately explain it. A sure sign a person knows they lack humor.

It's possible I was like that as well. As I was typing to Desh I was asking myself in my head if I was being hypocritical here based on all that was said in '02 and '03.

I don't remember you ever saying anything like that. I think I would remember. You definitely never said it to me.

I've been on the fence. I do think atrocities get to a point where action is justified.

However, I can't see how we can really have any significant impact on this situation. The objectives aren't defined - there is no measure for "success." It's too much deja vu from past mistakes, imo.

"Punishment" is not a reason for war. If the international community believed this was worthy of involvement, it wouldn't have left Obama standing alone, after all the time he spent in 'leading them' to the red line solution. Congress wouldn't have to be sold, after he'd informed them of the seriousness of the situation. Oh wait, he said a 'line was crossed' in Aug, not March. He didn't 'build anything' like a consensus. He made a statement, Cameron joined in, the UN shot down. Cameron forced to withdraw, leaving US with France, where their Parliament is now weighing in.

Someone early admonished against involvement in civil wars, in this case the 'rebels' are worse than a very brutal regime, that is whom John McCain wishes to put the US on the side of. Insanity.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09...test+-+Text)

Free Syrian Army spokesman Fahd Al-Masri has told Fox News that former Syrian Defense Minister General Ali Habib has defected and is now in Turkey.

Ali Habib crossed the border from Syria last night, Reuters reports, but Syrian State TV claims he is still in his home in Syria.

Al-Masri told Fox News that Ali Habib is with Turkish officials and is in the process of making contacted with Syrian opposition figures within Turkey.

Ali Habib left his defense minister post in 2011 after reportedly complaining about civilian attacks coordinated by President Bashar Assad’s regime.
The announcement of the defection comes as a Syrian forensic medicine expert also fled to Turkey on Tuesday, Reuters reports.Istanbul-based opposition coalition spokeswoman Sarah Karkour said Abdeltawwab Shahrour, head of the forensic medicine committee in Aleppo, has evidence that Assad used chemical weapons in a March attack on Aleppo and is planning to reveal it.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09...#ixzz2dwiCfzTg

please stick with the facts

thanks for you scorn

when I prove to be correct on this issue will you like me again?

Much love for you sister .. but my principles are not for sale .. even under the guise of being 'Black.'

I've never voted for Obama. The color of his skin does not trump truth and intelligence.

Had I voted for Obama .. then he ended up murdering all the innocent people that he has .. I'd probably be considering the 'honorable' way out ..

Which is not to suggest that anyone else should ..

Back