We were all female

Dixie! Replicate and Reproduce are synonyms.

Okay, Mr. Wizard... since you want to be obtuse... Tell us the difference between an "organism" in the process of reproduction, and the artificial replication of skin cells in a petri dish? Are these two things the same thing? Synonymous with each other, or not? Yes or no?

Sperm's not like oxygen for women you know. We don't die without a daily injection.

If you aren't going to pay attention to the conversation as a whole, you would be best suited to remain silent so as to avoid looking as foolish as you just did.

Okay, Mr. Wizard... since you want to be obtuse... Tell us the difference between an "organism" in the process of reproduction, and the artificial replication of skin cells in a petri dish? Are these two things the same thing? Synonymous with each other, or not? Yes or no?
Uhhhh I know I shouldn' ask this......but it's a slow day at work.....that and I enjoy self abuse......but could you at least give me some context to your question?

Can you believe Superfreak is arguing that???
Oh I meant to tell you.....my wife gave me a very nice compliment last night. For a Valentines Day gift I bought her a gift certificate for an hours massage as the spa. After her massage we went out for a drink and she went on and on about how good her masseur was. So I asked her, was he as good the last masseur I took you too? She said "Oh he was way better than that one......he was almost as good as you!" :)

Last edited:
Uhhhh I know I shouldn' ask this......but it's a slow day at work.....that and I enjoy self abuse......but could you at least give me some context to your question?

Well the context is the conversation you interjected your comments in, I thought that was obvious. We were discussing the difference between "organisms" and random "cells" within an organism. My view is, any living cell is produced by another living organism, because that's the only physical way the cell can exist. Making the point that some cells are capable of being organisms, is not refuting my point, it's only confusing to idiots like Apple, who don't comprehend what constitutes an organism. In short, the 'context' is, we're trying to educate Apple (and Grind) on basic biology, can you help us with that or not? The difference between an organism producing billions of different kinds of cells, to do many different things with regard to the organism carrying on the process of life, and the simple replication of live cells, is enormous. To try and pretend they are the same, or related, or even similar, is a stretch. To say there is not a difference and both are synonymous, is scientifically inaccurate. Now do you care to explain how cell "replication" and organism "reproduction" in biological terms, are two entirely different things, or do you want to keep being obtuse and confusing?

any living cell is produced by another living organism, because that's the only physical way the cell can exist.

no one is arguing otherwise, as long as you are also counting previous single celled organisms before mitosis. Something tells me you aren't doing this.

Making the point that some cells are capable of being organisms, is not refuting my point,

ALL cells are organisms.

it's only confusing to idiots like Apple, who don't comprehend what constitutes an organism.

you are the one that doesn't know what an organism is.

In biology, an organism is any contiguous living system (such as animal, fungus, micro-organism, or plant). In at least some form, all types of organisms are capable of response to stimuli, reproduction, growth and development, and maintenance of homeostasisas a stable whole.
An organism may be either unicellular (a single cell) or, as in the case of humans, comprise many trillions of cells grouped into specialized tissues and organs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organism

The difference between an organism producing billions of different kinds of cells, to do many different things with regard to the organism carrying on the process of life, and the simple replication of live cells, is enormous.

Here you are trying to move the goal posts because you are an idiot and are now trying to reframe the debate. you said cells do not reproduce. You also denied cells were individual organisms. You were categorically wrong.

Back