What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

"It's like when Kennedy was assassinated" said one New York fan on the BBC's website.

I wasn't born when Kennedy was shot but if its impact was, in any way, similar to the news that Michael Jackson had died then i am re-evaluating history as i type. In years to come are people going to sidle up to me in rough house boozers, give me a knowing nudge and ask "where were you when the King of Pop died then?" Well, i was in the living room having just watched BBC's Question Time from Newquay (a rather lacklustre episode of the political affairs series i thought). Naturally, after hearing that tragic news, the room quickly filled with tears and a hasty evacuation plan had to be implemented.

The tributes to Michael were led by, ageing pop princess, Madonna, who said - "My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless." And anyone suggesting she was hovering, vulture-like, at the thought of another child collecting opportunity is just peddling scandalous gossip, you hear?

Canadian warbler, Celine Dions said - "I am shocked. I am overwhelmed by this tragedy. Michael Jackson has been an idol for me all my life." As if Michael didn't provide enough ammunition to his critics, what with the Jesus juice, the allegations, and the baby-dangling, it now turns out he may have inspired Celine Dions to sing. Just stick the knife in Celine, why don't you? Cold.

Perhaps he was, as many commentators say, a child trapped in the body of a fully-grown, surgically altered, hideous waxwork of horrors exhibit, but does that make him a bad person? No, of course not. Although some people may say touching children does. However, those people are simply small-minded haterz of the Jacksons genius. Who else could teach those zombies how to dance in double-quick time, eh? Certainly not the modern pop-stars of today, such as Ricky Martins or Elton Johns, too busy with their crude machismo and womanising ways.

Sadly, Michael Jackson's poor old heart - ironically, his last remaining original body part - could no longer take the strain and gave up the ghost last night.

childcatcher.jpg

Michael pictured here in happier times

RIP Michael Jacksons

[ame="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c4a43aff11"]Everyday Normal Guy Rap Song from Jon Lajoie - Video[/ame]

Everyday Normal Guy Rap

What's the first thing you think about when you picture Scotchland? Tartan? Men in skirts? Impenetrable accents? Other common suggestions may include casual violence, the uplifting whine of the bagpipes or deep fried heroin. However, if there is one thing which can lay claim to encompass the essence of Scotchland, the very soul of Caledonia, it is the humble haggis.

In case you are unaware of the haggis phenomenon it is a princely dish comprising a mixture of a sheep's lungs, sheep's heart, sheep's liver and some non-sheep based oatmeal, held together by an ingenuous packaging of sheep's stomach. That's right, wipe away that drool before you short circuit your keyboard. What could sum up England's northern neighbour more succinctly than a dish made up of all the parts of an animal that nobody wants, mixed with some horse food?

Just hold your horses there Jock McBraveheart.

This historian lady is now claiming that the "Great chieftain o' the puddin-race" is an imposter, a charlatan, some say a masquerading mountebank. The haggis has merely been feigning a rather poor Scotch accent, daubing it's fraudulent face with blue woad and making tiresome speeches about 'freedom', all the while hiding its true foreign nature. What a bloody cheek. The haggis is English, by Jove. In hindsight, that's not really much to be proud of is it?

However, the Scotch have vowed that the haggis, despite the historical recipe records, shall always remain Scotch. James Macsween, whose Edinburgh-based company makes haggis, said even if the haggis was eaten in England long before Burns made it famous, Scotland has done a better job of looking after it. "I didn't hear of Shakespeare writing a poem about it.", he said.

That's probably because Shakespeare had more interesting things to write about than foul-tasting offal dishes, James.

'Bitchin' in the Kitchen' - The Rakes

Back