What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Lol...

I don't like the Rolling Stones, I do like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Heavy Metal, Country (more current, don't like the 70s sound of country music), and Classical music.

So ya like 'Led'...figures...my ex was a singer..she was into Acid Rock too...lol...y'all would have been the perfect pair..:p

That would depend on the age of your youngest. My youngest is three right now.

Well my youngest daughter is 33...you said in another thread ya were 39...my oldest is 38 so go figure...lol...and by the way I am in pretty good shape mentaly as well as physically since I kicked the ex out...she does look pretty good though as she sent some pics to the daughter...she is still trying to live her singing dream...with the help of plastics and such...lol

Well my youngest daughter is 33...you said in another thread ya were 39...my oldest is 38 so go figure...lol...and by the way I am in pretty good shape mentaly as well as physically since I kicked the ex out...she does look pretty good though as she sent some pics to the daughter...she is still trying to live her singing dream...with the help of plastics and such...lol
No, I am 36.

Good for her!

Oh wait........Can she actually sing?

Well...

Good for her!

Oh wait........Can she actually sing?

Actually she has a damn good singing voice...she did some recordings and all....and was a back-up singer for the old 'Linda Ronstadt' and the Stone Ponies' back in the day...she had a dream and is still trying to recapture it...good for her...we are on good terms...we just both had different goals in life...I was into raising the kids and all she wanted was to sing and travel..oh well all worked out for the best as she was a great singer but a lousy mom...;)

Not really...

Yes, I imagine a divorce from you would have that effect on a woman. I'm certain that she has never looked better.

She was a knock out when I married her...but alas drugs and booze had it's long term effect...she went her way and I and the kids our way...now she had to have her forth hubby foot the bill for the plastics...then she dumped him...really a sorry state of affairs as I thought he was a nice guy...when my GD visited her a few years ago in Arizona...old 'Terri' told her to hit the town and gave her some$$$...Her 'hubby'(now ex) told her she was nuts...the kid is just twelve ...so he took her to town and showed her Tomstone et al...with a fatherly protective nature...unlike her G/Ma the singer/ party animal...I was sorry to hear she left her last chance at a real marriage..!

Beethoven - Symphonie 9 (Opus 125)

I've been a classical mood of late.

one current artist i always wanted to hate, but had to like was Christina Aguilera. She truly has a great voice. I just watched a re-run of SNL, and found another reason to dislike her. She did a duet with Tony Bennet, and wasted her time trying to "out-do" him.

She has the talent to accompany him. She should have shown such to be the case.

3 Doors Down - Here Without You

*scratches head*

You're just about the only guy here who actually still listens to modern "rock", aren't you? I'm not really that into the stuff. Ever since the 70's Black Sabath came in and killed music. Then the NWBHM came in and killed it tenfold heavier.

*scratches head*

You're just about the only guy here who actually still listens to modern "rock", aren't you? I'm not really that into the stuff. Ever since the 70's Black Sabath came in and killed music. Then the NWBHM came in and killed it tenfold heavier.

He might be the only guy here who does, but I listen to it. And I love Here Without You.

*scratches head*

You're just about the only guy here who actually still listens to modern "rock", aren't you? I'm not really that into the stuff. Ever since the 70's Black Sabath came in and killed music. snip.

Surely you jest! ;)

Art and music always has a ying and yang. Black Sabbath was the ying, to the yang of late 1960's peace and flower hippie music. There was nothing contrived about Sabbath - they and their music were a credible and perfect reflection of their grim, working class background from the decaying industrial setting of Birmingham, England.

And to this day, modern rock bands from Nirvana to Pearl Jam, to smashing pumpkins pay tribute and homage to the influence of black sabbath. It can't even be contested that Sabbath, in the long run, was far more influential on rock music, than 60's peace and flowers bands. Who even listens to the 5th Dimension of the Mama's and Papa's anymore? ;)

That's all, for my music critique :clink:

'In the Midnight Hour'...Wilson Pickett

Have you seen the movie the commitments?

it was made about 15 years ago and is Irish.

Its about a young man who puts together a traditional soul band in around 1990.

It is one of my favorite movies and has some GREAT reditions of some Wilson Picket songs.

one current artist i always wanted to hate, but had to like was Christina Aguilera. She truly has a great voice. I just watched a re-run of SNL, and found another reason to dislike her. She did a duet with Tony Bennet, and wasted her time trying to "out-do" him.

She has the talent to accompany him. She should have shown such to be the case.

LOL, I felt the same way about her. After her last album I had to give up and face the facts: she's a a good artist.

Back