What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Have you seen the movie the commitments?

it was made about 15 years ago and is Irish.

Its about a young man who puts together a traditional soul band in around 1990.

It is one of my favorite movies and has some GREAT reditions of some Wilson Picket songs.

Sorry I haven't...however it sounds interesting! I am now listening to... 'Midnight Hour'...rendition by CCR..

LOL, I felt the same way about her. After her last album I had to give up and face the facts: she's a a good artist.

Tiana, I was driving along in my car the other day with the radio on, and I heard that song "when he cheats" that you mentioned last week. So I thought, oh this must be the song Tiana was talking about. I've heard it a few times since then. It's pretty funny. Personally, I think I'd just leave and not expend all that energy. But it's a funny song.

Tiana, I was driving along in my car the other day with the radio on, and I heard that song "when he cheats" that you mentioned last week. So I thought, oh this must be the song Tiana was talking about. I've heard it a few times since then. It's pretty funny. Personally, I think I'd just leave and not expend all that energy. But it's a funny song.
I tore my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
And carved my name into his leather seats!

I took a Louisville Slugger to both headlights....

I tore my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
And carved my name into his leather seats!

I took a Louisville Slugger to both headlights....

Yeah...she sings it and makes it kind of funny somehow, but pretty violent. You know, a certain kind of man will kill you if you f with his pickup. And that kind of man, pretty much any guy who's driving a pickup to begin with. I'd just leave! The song is cool though. Catchy.

Surely you jest! ;)

Art and music always has a ying and yang. Black Sabbath was the ying, to the yang of late 1960's peace and flower hippie music. There was nothing contrived about Sabbath - they and their music were a credible and perfect reflection of their grim, working class background from the decaying industrial setting of Birmingham, England.

And to this day, modern rock bands from Nirvana to Pearl Jam, to smashing pumpkins pay tribute and homage to the influence of black sabbath. It can't even be contested that Sabbath, in the long run, was far more influential on rock music, than 60's peace and flowers bands. Who even listens to the 5th Dimension of the Mama's and Papa's anymore? ;)

That's all, for my music critique :clink:

The Beatles? Bob Dylan?

Those two names alone were 100 times what even Nirvana was. And I'm an old Nirvana fan.

But for God's sake, just listen to any of that shit that tries to *emulate* Black Sabbath. Utter trite stuff like Slayer. And for God's sake, Nickelback wants me to take a fucking revolver to my head. And all of Nickelback's even worse offspring, like Hinder and Daughtery. It's just a downward spiral.

Black Sabbath at least made one or two good songs ;) .

He might be the only guy here who does, but I listen to it. And I love Here Without You.

Darla, I'm from Mississippi and even I don't like 3 Doors Down. I didn't mention 3 Doors Down in the above list because I felt people would laugh at me for the obviousness of putting such trash in a list of awful bands.

;)

I have to put the smiley or I feel someone's going to hit me...

Yeah...she sings it and makes it kind of funny somehow, but pretty violent. You know, a certain kind of man will kill you if you f with his pickup. And that kind of man, pretty much any guy who's driving a pickup to begin with. I'd just leave! The song is cool though. Catchy.

Well, you apparently wouldn't like just about any guy in Mississippi.

(This includes the men from 3 Doors Down).

The Beatles? Bob Dylan?

Those two names alone were 100 times what even Nirvana was. And I'm an old Nirvana fan.

But for God's sake, just listen to any of that shit that tries to *emulate* Black Sabbath. Utter trite stuff like Slayer. And for God's sake, Nickelback wants me to take a fucking revolver to my head. And all of Nickelback's even worse offspring, like Hinder and Daughtery. It's just a downward spiral.

Black Sabbath at least made one or two good songs ;) .

Ever hear "War Pigs" by Sabbath?

One of the greatest anti-war songs ever. Better than the anti-war songs of those silly 1960s psychedelic bands, and naive peace and flowers bands. ;)

'In the Navy'...The Village People...maineman's fav song...I can see him dancing to it...the flag waving and all...LOL

uhhhh....but you're the one listening to that song. Wierd. I haven't met anyone in twenty years who's ever listened to that song, except in movie or television spoofs.

Sorry....

uhhhh....but you're the one listening to that song. Wierd. I haven't met anyone in twenty years who's ever listened to that song, except in movie or television spoofs.

I just could not help myself...maineman wanted me to address him as 'Sir'...so I dug up the old song via internet and gave it a listen...reminded me of him...my bad...'NOT'!

Back