What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Last night the great nation of England, after searching the nation's bloated ranks of overpaid and talentless puffed-up prima donnas which comprise the professional footballing fraternity, took to the field in order to face, our great friends, Germany. Admittedly, there was little riding on the actual outcome of the game, it being a friendly and all, but such an abysmal showing (lost 2-1) is a little difficult to stomach, what?

Where was the English fighting spirit? A cheeky quart of vodka would have gone down a storm and no mistake. We may have been vanquished by the scheming Hun on the football field but when it comes down to the nitty and, indeed, the gritty, we Englanders can puff out out manly bosoms and feel a swelling of national pride, standing firm and implacably erect as we remember our two penalty shoot-out victories over the sausage-munching Bosh in war-fighting. Third time lucky? Not on my watch Fritz.

Ask any schoolboy who is the best at winning wars and, quick as a flash, he'll reply, "England, Sir". We're a fighting nation alright. I can vividly recall sitting on Grandfather's knee as he regaled us with tales of derring-do and heroism. He particularly enjoyed telling the tale of how he came to shoot fifteen Germans on the beaches of Normandy. Unfortunately, that was in 1978 and caused a minor diplomatic incident. Still, that Bavarian school party's trip to France will live long in the memory, what?

'This is a Low' - Blur

I see old dog's mess in the Whitehouse has been glancing through the pop-up book of world events this week. Vietnam...Iraq they even sound the same.

I'd imagine it is quite easy to confuse those brown chaps, dressed as ghosts in the country that's a big beach, with those yellow chaps, running round with woks on their heads in that country that looks a bit like where Tarzan lived. If only the God's hadn't conspired to keep him away from Saigon.

I believe George really did want to go to Vietnam to do his patriotic duty. Apparently, he defiantly marched into his father's study and demanded to be sent to that "Godforsaken stinking pit of death" there and then. George Senior immediately got on the horn and sent him to Texas. An easy mistake to make, i think you'll agree. Still, what better way to shrug off that disappointment than to get smashed out of your swede on booze and cocaine for a decade?

'What's My Name?' - Snoop Dogg

I see old dog's mess in the Whitehouse has been glancing through the pop-up book of world events this week. Vietnam...Iraq they even sound the same.

I'd imagine it is quite easy to confuse those brown chaps, dressed as ghosts in the country that's a big beach, with those yellow chaps, running round with woks on their heads in that country that looks a bit like where Tarzan lived. If only the God's hadn't conspired to keep him away from Saigon.

I believe George really did want to go to Vietnam to do his patriotic duty. Apparently, he defiantly marched into his father's study and demanded to be sent to that "Godforsaken stinking pit of death" there and then. George Senior immediately got on the horn and sent him to Texas. An easy mistake to make, i think you'll agree. Still, what better way to shrug off that disappointment than to get smashed out of your swede on booze and cocaine for a decade?

'What's My Name?' - Snoop Dogg

Yes, he's come a long way from whiskey and cocaine.

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

And no, it's not even close to the gayest song on my ipod.
Wow, that is quite an admission. I don't know if I would have gone there.

Nightranger - Sister Christian

And yes, that is probably the gayest song on my iPod.

Back