What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

I hope you aren't suggesting Monsieur Sartre was a...a...Republican?

Wasn't he having it away with Simone de Beaver or something?

Yes, that's who I meant. I would have loved to have met her. I'm quite certain you know her name was Beauvoir, not Beaver, and that she wrote The Second Sex.

Yes, that's who I meant. I would have loved to have met her. I'm quite certain you know her name was Beauvoir, not Beaver, and that she wrote The Second Sex.
And her name wasn't Beaver? There's something wrong with that.

Perhaps i was being a little pixieish. :D

I can't say that i have perused the good lady's tome. To be honest i have enough trouble with the first sex without complicating matters further.

Even the most ardent asexualist can not have failed to notice the unseemly direction this board has taken in recent days. Time was when a chap would log on, so to speak, and feast his eyes on a plethora of topics ranging from - "Bush Is The Anti-Christ" to "Look At The Stupid Bush, He's Stupid". For my own part the thread - "I Hate Him, I Hate Him, I Hate Him, I Want Him To Die. Did I Mention I Hated Him, The Bastard. I Hate Him. Die Now" was a particular favourite.

All well and good, but now the dark spectre of homosexuality has, once again, enveloped the board in its depraved hole. Everybody seems obsessed with men rutting like beasts in the luxury of public water closets, secret gay patois and semaphore signals, tales of eagle-eyed predators stalking their changing-room lair for a glimpse of their illicit genital prey and, of course, quiche. This board has become indistinguishable from a back-street Istanbul bath-house i used to frequent.

I have nothing against the gays, some of my best friends have put them in hospital, but enough is enough. Soon they will be hawking their gay up-tempo heavy-hit anthems on this very thread. I say no, i don't want Ricky Martins sticking his trousers in my face thankyou very much.

Non-curious gentlemen of the world, fight back and get your funky groove on to a respectable, morally-correct, collection of Christian chaps. Take these fine upstanding fellows, for example
http://www.bearforce1.nl/

What could be more wholesome than "four furry friends whose passion for singing and performing brought them together...spreading their message of love and fun"?

'Bearforce1' – Bearforce1

Have fun with it.

Even the most ardent asexualist can not have failed to notice the unseemly direction this board has taken in recent days. Time was when a chap would log on, so to speak, and feast his eyes on a plethora of topics ranging from - "Bush Is The Anti-Christ" to "Look At The Stupid Bush, He's Stupid". For my own part the thread - "I Hate Him, I Hate Him, I Hate Him, I Want Him To Die. Did I Mention I Hated Him, The Bastard. I Hate Him. Die Now" was a particular favourite.

All well and good, but now the dark spectre of homosexuality has, once again, enveloped the board in its depraved hole. Everybody seems obsessed with men rutting like beasts in the luxury of public water closets, secret gay patois and semaphore signals, tales of eagle-eyed predators stalking their changing-room lair for a glimpse of their illicit genital prey and, of course, quiche. This board has become indistinguishable from a back-street Istanbul bath-house i used to frequent.

I have nothing against the gays, some of my best friends have put them in hospital, but enough is enough. Soon they will be hawking their gay up-tempo heavy-hit anthems on this very thread. I say no, i don't want Ricky Martins sticking his trousers in my face thankyou very much.

Non-curious gentlemen of the world, fight back and get your funky groove on to a respectable, morally-correct, collection of Christian chaps. Take these fine upstanding fellows, for example
http://www.bearforce1.nl/

What could be more wholesome than "four furry friends whose passion for singing and performing brought them together...spreading their message of love and fun"?

'Bearforce1' – Bearforce1

Have fun with it.

Four thumbs up!

This post is sponsored by the Royal Family - Despatching Princesses since 871A.D.

It is 10 years to the day that The Queen of Hearts Princess Lady Diana Spencer was cruelly snatched away from this world by Our Lord Jesus Christ so that he could marry her and they could live happily ever after as King and Queen of Heaven.

I remember the day as if were only yesterday. I awoke from a dainty slumber that Sunday morning with a terrible foreboding. I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly my instincts were trying to tell me but i knew it was something bad, something unholy, something of such unspeakable horror that no one had ever been able to give it a name. It transpired that it was the dodgy curry and twelve pints of Boddingtons i had consumed only the night before. I turned on the television. A man was crying. Probably one of those homosexuals, i thought. Some more people started crying and...and then they said it...she was dead.

The tears began to well in my eyes. I knew things would never be the same again. That's the television schedule buggered for the day, they'll probably cancel the football this afternoon an' all, i thought correctly. No telly. No football. The radio is playing non-stop sombre music. It is Sunday and i have an angry curry to evacuate forthwith. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Needless to say, i ended up in the pub with some terrible mates. There's only so many times you can be told that you're "united in grief" for some woman you've never met. It was even in there, too. Two couples sat together whining on about that bloody woman like she was their daughter. It's amazing how many tunes you can find on a jukebox which allude to driving, crashes and death.

Now the papers are full of it again. I'm still being told "we all loved her" and "we are all mourning today". Well, i'm not fucking mourning. I've never fucking loved, admired or even cracked one off over that fecking woman. Tragedy? Maybe you should have just worn a fucking seatbelt and saved us from the caterwauling and crocodile tears, sentimentality and gaudy commemorative tea-towels, strewn flowers and newspaper hysteria, fawning journalists and that wretched song from Elton Johns.

'Ten Years Asleep' - Kingmaker

And....relax. Mmmm....catharsis.

Last edited:
This post is sponsored by the Royal Family - Despatching Princesses since 871A.D.

It is 10 years to the day that The Queen of Hearts Princess Lady Diana Spencer was cruelly snatched away from this world by Our Lord Jesus Christ so that he could marry her and they could live happily ever after as King and Queen of Heaven.

I remember the day as if were only yesterday. I awoke from a dainty slumber that Sunday morning with a terrible foreboding. I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly my instincts were trying to tell me but i knew it was something bad, something unholy, something of such unspeakable horror that no one had ever been able to give it a name. It transpired that it was the dodgy curry and twelve pints of Boddingtons i had consumed only the night before. I turned on the television. A man was crying. Probably one of those homosexuals, i thought. Some more people started crying and...and then they said it...she was dead.

The tears began to well in my eyes. I knew things would never be the same again. That's the television schedule buggered for the day, they'll probably cancel the football this afternoon an' all, i thought correctly. No telly. No football. The radio is playing non-stop sombre music. It is Sunday and i have an angry curry to evacuate forthwith. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Needless to say, i ended up in the pub with some terrible mates. There's only so many times you can be told that you're "united in grief" for some woman you've never met. It was even in there, too. Two couples sat together whining on about that bloody woman like she was their daughter. It's amazing how many tunes you can find on a jukebox which allude to driving, crashes and death.

Now the papers are full of it again. I'm still being told "we all loved her" and "we are all mourning today". Well, i'm not fucking mourning. I've never fucking loved, admired or even cracked one off over that fecking woman. Tragedy? Maybe you should have just worn a fucking seatbelt and saved us from the caterwauling and crocodile tears, sentimentality and gaudy commemorative tea-towels, strewn flowers and newspaper hysteria, fawning journalists and that wretched song from Elton Johns.

'Ten Years Asleep' - Kingmaker

And....relax. Mmmm....catharsis.

I know everything you write here is true. But I still remember exactly where I was and who I was with, and what we said, on that Sunday morning too.

I know everything you write here is true. But I still remember exactly where I was and who I was with, and what we said, on that Sunday morning too.

I wouldn't deny that it was a memorable and newsworthy event just that the reaction here was way over the top. A large proportion of the population literally went mental for a couple of weeks, encouraged by the press, and things just ground to a halt.

When the Queen pops her clogs i'm going to have to write off the whole month and take a flight out of here, lest i'm forced to don black and cry a gallon of tears under pain of imprisonment.

Bush is really stupid and I hope he has a brain hemorage.

No Wait I hope cheny has a heart attack and then Bush has a brain hemorage.

It would only need to be a small brain hemorage.:p

I wouldn't deny that it was a memorable and newsworthy event just that the reaction here was way over the top. A large proportion of the population literally went mental for a couple of weeks, encouraged by the press, and things just ground to a halt.

When the Queen pops her clogs i'm going to have to write off the whole month and take a flight out of here, lest i'm forced to don black and cry a gallon of tears under pain of imprisonment.
You can come visit us at the Damocles Manor, and help me slaughter a few pit bulls.

Bush is really stupid and I hope he has a brain hemorage.

No Wait I hope cheny has a heart attack and then Bush has a brain hemorage.

It would only need to be a small brain hemorage.:p
I thought he already had one, it is called a "Pretzel" in WH lexicon.

LOL. I totally understand. I don't understand the effect her death had on perfectly normal (sort of) American women, like myself. I think it had a lot to do with there being no happy ending. We all thought there just had to be.

You can come visit us at the Damocles Manor, and help me slaughter a few pit bulls.

What a genial chap you are, Damo.

It would, indeed, be an honour to beat the life out of such a beast with an electrical flex in your esteemed company. Perhaps we could even commence the slaughter by donning hats?

LOL. I totally understand. I don't understand the effect her death had on perfectly normal (sort of) American women, like myself. I think it had a lot to do with there being no happy ending. We all thought there just had to be.

It wasn't all doom and gloom though. Look at Charles. He's happily married to that Camilla chap, the love of his life.

I kind of suspect that even if she had survived the crash her life would be an utter shambles; human tragedy played out in a media soap opera. And besides Prince Phillip would not be thwarted a second time.

What a genial chap you are, Damo.

It would, indeed, be an honour to beat the life out of such a beast with an electrical flex in your esteemed company. Perhaps we could even commence the slaughter by donning hats?
Oh yes. I do indeed have a variety of headwear to choose from.

Back