What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Every so often a government department decides that the pervading public image of their department as being full of dull tedious people with a penchant for grey suits, sensible haircuts and extraordinary incompetence could be transformed through the adoption of a brand new logo.

So the Office of Government Commerce, or OGC as the hipster kids say, thought this one would be a good idea.
ogc.jpg

What they didn't realise, until after they had printed it onto pens, mouse-mats and other frequently stolen office equipment, is that if you rotate it 90 degrees you get this.
ogc-1.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/22/ogc_logo/

'You're Hard' - Half Man Half Biscuit

Every so often a government department decides that the pervading public image of their department as being full of dull tedious people with a penchant for grey suits, sensible haircuts and extraordinary incompetence could be transformed through the adoption of a brand new logo.

So the Office of Government Commerce, or OGC as the hipster kids say, thought this one would be a good idea.
ogc.jpg

What they didn't realise, until after they had printed it onto pens, mouse-mats and other frequently stolen office equipment, is that if you rotate it 90 degrees you get this.
ogc-1.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/22/ogc_logo/

'You're Hard' - Half Man Half Biscuit

LOL What is it? A snowman with an erection?

LOL What is it? A snowman with an erection?

I wouldn't like to specify but having spent many a year on political message boards, i can recognise a wanker when i see one.

Somewhat disturbingly i have spent the last half hour pondering whether a typical masturbating snowman would be capable of ejaculating or would his seed remain frozen - imprisoned in the confines of his icy testicles.

I fear i have already said too much.

I wouldn't like to specify but having spent many a year on political message boards, i can recognise a wanker when i see one.

Somewhat disturbingly i have spent the last half hour pondering whether a typical masturbating snowman would be capable of ejaculating or would his seed remain frozen - imprisoned in the confines of his icy testicles.

I fear i have already said too much.

LOL. I really need the laughs today Charver. And I love the visual on that.

LOL. I really need the laughs today Charver. And I love the visual on that.

A Pennsylvania hangover, eh?

This eternal primary bidness is certainly the way of the fool. I am seriously considering moving to America, so that if that awful woman wins the nomination i could then make a dramatic show of leaving the country.

A Pennsylvania hangover, eh?

This eternal primary bidness is certainly the way of the fool. I am seriously considering moving to America, so that if that awful woman wins the nomination i could then make a dramatic show of leaving the country.

That’s a great idea! I found out that supposedly, because my grandfather was born in Ireland (he spent much of his life there, and came here to flee…it was never exactly clear what) I can emigrate to Ireland and get a EU workers card. Maybe then I could finally get into France. I have to check into that to make sure it’s the case.

That’s a great idea! I found out that supposedly, because my grandfather was born in Ireland (he spent much of his life there, and came here to flee…it was never exactly clear what) I can emigrate to Ireland and get a EU workers card. Maybe then I could finally get into France. I have to check into that to make sure it’s the case.

If your grandfather qualifies you for Irish citizenship then you'd be able to live and work wherever you liked within the EU and (depending on the State involved) bring along any dependants and/or partner.

Even if you don't qualify for citizenship/dual nationality there'd probably be little problem with wangling a work permit for most EU countries. Most of the high-fliers from France are living in London nowadays so they're probably crying out for Americans, foreigners or, in fact, anyone not from Paris, to be snooty to.

If your grandfather qualifies you for Irish citizenship then you'd be able to live and work wherever you liked within the EU and (depending on the State involved) bring along any dependants and/or partner.

Even if you don't qualify for citizenship/dual nationality there'd probably be little problem with wangling a work permit for most EU countries. Most of the high-fliers from France are living in London nowadays so they're probably crying out for Americans, foreigners or, in fact, anyone not from Paris, to be snooty to.

Thanks Charver. Even if I never do it, it makes me feel better to have a back-up plan, so I’m going to begin looking into it.

Thanks Charver. Even if I never do it, it makes me feel better to have a back-up plan, so I’m going to begin looking into it.

I'll have to keep a look out for your reply the next time one of the board's resident right-wing stereotypes asks - "Then why don't you just go live in France?"

Good luck with it all.

I'll have to keep a look out for your reply the next time one of the board's resident right-wing stereotypes asks - "Then why don't you just go live in France?"

Good luck with it all.
Did you see that Bridgette Bardot is on trial for saying controversial things about Muslims?

You can actually go to jail in France for that. I can't believe it, she didn't even incite a riot, nobody burned a car over her statements or anything....

Leader of the Pack - Twisted Sister

Did you see that Bridgette Bardot is on trial for saying controversial things about Muslims?

You can actually go to jail in France for that. I can't believe it, she didn't even incite a riot, nobody burned a car over her statements or anything....

Leader of the Pack - Twisted Sister

I've not seen exactly what she is supposed to have said. I know it was something in a letter complaining about Halal meat.

I'm with you Americans on this kind of thing regarding free speech and its protected status. Whether it's something like mad old Brigitte's animal rights statements or idiots denying the holocaust, the idea of locking people up rather than discussing, challenging and/or ridiculing their views in the open is just plain daft.

'Stay Free' - The Clash

I've not seen exactly what she is supposed to have said. I know it was something in a letter complaining about Halal meat.

I'm with you Americans on this kind of thing regarding free speech and its protected status. Whether it's something like mad old Brigitte's animal rights statements or idiots denying the holocaust, the idea of locking people up rather than discussing, challenging and/or ridiculing their views in the open is just plain daft.

'Stay Free' - The Clash
I hear that this is the fifth time she's been under this same scrutiny, spanning many years of animal rights activism. I'm still stunned. It is so very Orwellian...

Smashing Pumpkins - Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

I was just going through the Jamie T album selecting all the songs which I am going to delete when I thought, hey, wtf, how can the statistic that 26% of people who are voting for that unpleasant woman would not vote for Obama when only 19% of the people who would vote for Obama would not vote for her?

Not only is this entirely counter-intuitive (why would all these swing Republicans and independents suddenly vote for someone who represents the status quo whereas 26% of the blue collars retards voting for her unpleasantness are going to abandon the Democratic party?) but it also smacks of the same bullshit political shenanigans that the Clinton campaign have been spewing out for the last year. I hope she loses - two families running the country for 28 years? Doesnt sound like democracy to me.

This probably belongs somewhere else but what the hell, this is the only place I ever post and check.

Hey Damo - I'm writing this from a hotel in Abuja, Nigeria - does that make this a truly global site (Brit posting from Nigeria on a US site)?

Song today is

'Tribulations' by LCD Soundsystem

I'm liking this lot at the moment - it might be a passing infatuation (spelling?) but it seems like something more at the moment.

Ahoy-hoy Rev.

You visiting the in-laws then? I can imagine an irate Nigerian mother-in-law being a fearsome sight to behold, so behave.

I can't grasp the whole Hillary thing either. Can you imagine a grass roots movement springing up in England demanding the election of Cherie Blair? I mean, in the honesty stakes the woman pisses into Jeffrey Archer's cocked hat.

He sang something other than "Achy Breaky"?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXxWTpC1CM"]YouTube - Billy Ray Cyrus - Some Gave All[/nomedia]

"You got the Right Stuff" - NKOTB

REUNITING IN '08

Not new kids on the block right? That’s not what that stands for is it?

I'm listening to something that is actually good.

Talk to me, Stevie Nicks. Have to put it on my top ten songs ever list.

Back