What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Nominees for this year's Turner Prize, the foremost award for modernist UK art, have been announced this week.

Previous winners include; Damien Hirst's Pickled Sheep, some pictures made out of elephant excrement, a room with a light going on and off and a transvestite potter with a penchant for powder blue baby doll dresses. Makes you proud to be British i can tell you, what?

Anyway this years nominees include:-
#A child moulded to the shape of Sicily
#A picture of a KKK meeting daubed with the Michael Barrymore catchphrase "Alwight"
#A 90 piece Wedgewood tea service in a series of compromising sexual positions
#The metaphysical concept of 'wrath'
and
#A sperm whale browsing through a copy of "Jizz" magazine surrounded by an array of toilet tissue

Results announced December 4th. Can't wait.

Cypress Hill - 'Insane in the Brain'

Ah, the best time of the week has arrived on the doorstep like some godforsaken distant relative holding out a begging bowl and armed with a rather hefty suitcase.

Sunday mornings, eh? Don't you just love 'em?

Reminiscent of the Catholic concept of 'limbo', the Sunday morning is a strange beast. Is one awake? Difficult to tell as the mind wanders hither and, indeed, thither; drifting between hazy memories of a perfect Saturday night and excrutiating flashbacks of reality.

Mother, the revolver.

Tegan & Sarah - 'Walking with a Ghost'

Last edited:
Three hundred million today, eh?

My, my, America you really have grown up haven't you? It seems only just the other day when you were a mere two hundred million. I know i'll be celebrating the milestone, at 11:46 GMT, like a crazed mental man. Sadly, in this time of suspicion and mutual mistrust accross the United States, a-whooping and a hollering, there will not be; the sky will not turn black with tossed hats. Lighten up and have a party you silly sausages.

Is Mr or Mrs 300 million going to be an ickle baby or a sombrero wearing cove, with a mean moustache? Who knows? Get to it people and you could beat the Chinese at their own game, what? Think of it, a billion Americans. Just the thought of it makes me want to say "Go f*** yourselves!" (in a good way, obviously)

Hot Club de Paris - 'Somtetimesitsbetternottostickbitsofeachotherintoeachotherforeachother'

So this is where all you rock listening fags are hanging out.

Looks like a real sausage fest.

Coldplay - Yellow

Aha the Reverend returns; sweeter than bear meat, that's the dillio.

Feel free to whip out the old saveloy, Rev, and liberally apply all manner of sauce, some say gentlemen's relish, you painted harlot, you.

The Automatics - 'Monster'

Back