What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

"Ball & Chain" (at Monterey)

Janis Joplin

And if Janis don't bring a tear to your eye, you're heart's made of stone.

Crimson and Clover (the long version)- Tommy James and the Shondells .... one of the greatest psychedelic pop tunes ever .....

It is difficult to put into words the joyousness of leaving a public house, of a dark winter evening, to be greetied with the heartwarming sight of a discarded football amongst the assorted flotsam and jetsom of an urban landscape.

Huzzah! indeed.

Add a pair of dreadful mates and the world is your oyster and no mistake. In your face Ronaldinhos.

The Holloways - 'Two Left Feet'

Similarly, there is nothing more satisfying than coming home on a cold bonfire night following fireworks food and drinks and curling up in front of Match of the Day to spit at Alan Shearer and smoke relaxing substances and drink beer.

Something about Mary - Wyclef

An almost full moon in the sky, a cool winter's night, a few cold drinks taken amongst men, a reason to be cheerful, a pint too many. Huzzah! What can one say? Mere words would only be superfluous.

To be honest, with you people of an American persuasion, the booze fairy has cast her little wand in my direction. The dirty whore that she is. Mmmmmm..dirty whores; more of them, please

Back to the point, you sly tricksters of the mind, attempting to sway me from my original purpose...whatever that was...ah yes.

My purpose.

In light of your forthcoming Mid-term elections (come on you blues! A vote for sanity) America...wake up, baby! Jurassic 5 (featuring the Dave Mathews Band) - 'Work It Out'

Back