What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H2Dl4bfySM

Kinda of interesting , its predictable music but not bad , the lead singer needs a couple of singing lessons but basically has a good voice. I found the lyrics interesting. I liked the line "we may never meet again so shed your skin and lets get started". I dont know how old this is but it shounds 80s is it?

From memory very late eighties, possibly early nineties. They're not together any longer but as so often happens, their influence is stronger now that they are no longer together. The lead singer, Mark Seymour, has a reasonably good solo career and has developed as a musician, lyricist, singer.

Brown and Labour are cactus.

Kick a man when he's down why don't you?

Is it my fault that i'm leading a Party containing an over-abundance of pricks?

Yes, yes it is isn't it? That was quite an ill thought out point all said and done. I'm always doing that.

Er...

Oh just fuck off. Bloody Australians.

Kick a man when he's down why don't you?

Is it my fault that i'm leading a Party containing an over-abundance of pricks?

Yes, yes it is isn't it? That was quite an ill thought out point all said and done. I'm always doing that.

Er...

Oh just fuck off. Bloody Australians.

Gordon. Yer a dour lad, get yersel' a Younger's Ale an' sit yer arse doon.

Are ye listening?

Two words son.

Keir.

Hardie.

I'd gi' three but ye'd not like the middle one. Starts with "F" an' it's where ye'll be if ye don't heed me.

I don't know about you but i'm a sucker for a chap who gets excited at the thought of a really filthy bone. If he's into whips as well that's just a bonus. That's right archaeology fans Harrison Fords is back as Indiana Jone, and this time he's broken the mould by looking for a powerful mysterious object that isn't the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail or some weird Indian shit. No this time the all-action hero is looking for a crystal skull with strange magical powers.

However, not everyone is as enthused by the return of Indie. Russian Communists, in particular, are furious at being portrayed as the villains of the peace and are calling for a Russian boycott warning Harrison Fords to think twice about visiting Russia.

"Speaking plainly, it is better for you not to come here. You will be beaten and despised", said a red-faced Red. Yes, you read correctly beaten and despised.
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article3994888.ece

The Communists are very worried about the effect the film, set in 1957, will have on Russian teenagers - "They will go to the cinema and will be sure that in 1957 we made trouble for the United States and almost started a nuclear war. It’s rubbish"

No doubt the typical Russian teen is already cowering under the bedclothes, clutching his favourite potato for comfort, as he frets on the prospect of being killed by a robot that turns into a car, hoping just to live long enough to fulfil his dream of eating a slap-up meal prepared by Michelin starred talking rat.

'Indie Rock & Roll' - The Killers

Last edited:
The guy who plays the Russian bad guy lives in my little town of Vegas. It turns out hes a circus performer. He immigrated to the US arround 20 years ago and has been here ever since. When I read the article about him in my local paper I was wondering to myself how he felt about playing the Evil Russian. Im sure he felt bad all the way to the bank. He now at least can afford to go live in some other little American town like LA.

Haha! Charver I believe that tale bore no or little relevance to the title of that song by that band. You do realise that lead singers a mormon dontcha? Makes you think a bit doesnt it?

No, not at all really.

Gordon should resign now and just hand over power to the Conservatives, we need a steady hand on the tiller and George Osborne is just the man to provide that steady hand (provided he hasnt been out on one the night before, you know what I'm saying).

The cricket is going a bit better today, hopefully we can beat those Kiwis with their tiny population and inferior sporting resources on our own turf this time, though I doubt it.

Wiley - Wearing my Rolex

No relevance? How dare you cast such aspersions in my direction, you bounder.

Any fool can see that "Indie" is the familiar soubriquet of Dr Indiana Jone. I suppose i could have opted for 'Dr Jones' by the ground-breaking Danish popsters, Aqua, but i feared a return to the bad old days of self-harm and barbiturate overdoses should i be reminded of the tune. Too late now though, you monster.

Anyway, i'll wish those plucky Englishmen the best of British, in their bat and ball shenanigans, whilst i bask in the spectacle of Rochdales versus Stockports, in the Fourth division play-off final, before changing the dressing on my wrists and calling an ambulance.

Er...

'I'm Always Right' - The Pigeon Detectives

As I said - no relevance.

I believe when he was referred to by his familiar soubriquet (I am definitely using that word all week) it was typically spelled with the singular 'y' on the end, thus 'Indy' rather than the Killers 'Indie'. The aforementioned song is a turgid ballad of a song in which the lead singer of 'The Killers' attempts to form some kind of acceptable social veneer to the groups unwashed asexual fanbase.

I've been to see the Killers at Glastonbury, the audience is a thing to be seen, particularly when they play that song. Its like the national anthem at a Tory party conference.

Come Together - The Beatles

Mmm...upon closer inspection it seems that the halfwits responsible for the creation of this Indiana Jone fellow have opted to follow the way of the fool. Choosing to emulate the crude designations of the modern day professional footballer by adopting the "y" rather than the more sophisticated "ie"? Preposterous. I'd expected better from a fictional adventurer-academic, but it seems that you, Dr so-called Jone, are no better than the likes of "Giggsy" and "Scholesy" after all.

Just be grateful you are not a living entity, "Indy", or, as sure as eggs is eggs, you'd not be known as the intrepid adventurer who located the lost Ark of the Covenant but as the filthy bleeder who was apprehended by Staffordshire Constabulary, somewhat worse for drink, with his trousers round his ankles and his lad in his hand, beating himself silly in a notorious dogging area in Sandbach.

Therefore i draw the obvious conclusion that, although technically incorrect, my position is undoubtedly correct in every other possible way. Now, dearest Reverend, i can see that you're embarrassed about this whole sorry incident so let us resolve never to speak of this again.

'You Were Right' - Badly Drawn Boy

Last edited:
Mmm...upon closer inspection it seems that the halfwits responsible for the creation of this Indiana Jone fellow have opted to follow the way of the fool. Choosing to emulate the crude designations of the modern day professional footballer by adopting the "y" rather than the more sophisticated "ie"? Preposterous. I'd expected better from a fictional adventurer-academic, but it seems that you, Dr so-called Jone, are no better than the likes of "Giggsy" and "Scholesy" after all.

Just be grateful you are not a living entity, "Indy", or, as sure as eggs is eggs, you'd not be known as the intrepid adventurer who located the lost Ark of the Covenant but as the filthy bleeder who was apprehended by Staffordshire Constabulary, somewhat worse for drink, with his trousers round his ankles and his lad in his hand, beating himself silly in a notorious dogging area in Sandbach.

Therefore i draw the obvious conclusion that, although technically incorrect, my position is undoubtedly correct in every other possible way. Now, dearest Reverend, i can see that you're embarrassed about this whole sorry incident so let us resolve never to speak of this again.

'You Were Right' - Badly Drawn Boy

I saw Indiana Jones this weekend, and it was great. I loved it.

Well Charver you John Bull , He was spry enough to beat the movies current reincarnation of Old Nick ,saved Whitehall and foggy bottom and if it there is another installment He will do the same again and you can take that to the old lady of Threadneedle Street even if your Auntie wont print it.

Well Charver you John Bull , He was spry enough to beat the movies current reincarnation of Old Nick ,saved Whitehall and foggy bottom and if it there is another installment He will do the same again and you can take that to the old lady of Threadneedle Street even if your Auntie wont print it.

I have to hand it to him Desh, he still does most of his own stunts and there's no sign of him flagging yet. I have seen him pictured in celebrity magazines, and the like, walking about with a stick, but on closer inspection it turned out to be Calista Flockhart.

I have to hand it to him Desh, he still does most of his own stunts and there's no sign of him flagging yet. I have seen him pictured in celebrity magazines, and the like, walking about with a stick, but on closer inspection it turned out to be Calista Flockhart.

Are you sure,Did the stick have hair?

Oh and BTW I googled soubriquet and wiki was kind enough to give me a tip or two on the lingo.

Back