What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

This is one thing i can't criticise the Great Leader for. Most of the opposition has come from the churches. I don't think there are the numbers in the Commons to introduce a ban and it's a free vote so i'd imagine we'll continue giving hope to people struck down with all manner of terrible diseases.

I must admit i didn't think anyone would recognise the Ood. Damn you Diuretic and your knowledge of British television.

Its me birfright innit! :D

:clink:

Monday - Andy Pandy
Tuesday - Bill and Ben
Wednesday - Watch With Mother
Thursday - Rag, Tag and Bobtail
Friday - The Woodentops (not forgetting Spot The Dog)

I think that's how the lineup went

I saw the very first episode of Dr Who - it was on after Johnny Morris (the hot chestnut man).

Anyway I got transported shortly afterwards :D

Do you think the clerics in the Lords will stuff the legislation up? I can't remember how much they can do to it. Here the Senate can refuse twice and then (if it's a money bill) the Governor-General (in loco Monarch) can prorogue parliament (but only on a money - ie "supply" bill).

Anyway, good for Gordon. He went up a notch.

Its me birfright innit! :D

:clink:

Monday - Andy Pandy
Tuesday - Bill and Ben
Wednesday - Watch With Mother
Thursday - Rag, Tag and Bobtail
Friday - The Woodentops (not forgetting Spot The Dog)

I think that's how the lineup went

I saw the very first episode of Dr Who - it was on after Johnny Morris (the hot chestnut man).

Anyway I got transported shortly afterwards :D

Do you think the clerics in the Lords will stuff the legislation up? I can't remember how much they can do to it. Here the Senate can refuse twice and then (if it's a money bill) the Governor-General (in loco Monarch) can prorogue parliament (but only on a money - ie "supply" bill).

Anyway, good for Gordon. He went up a notch.

I'm sure Gordon will take any crumb of comfort at the minute.

I'm not sure what the Lords response will be but there's been no talk of them meddling so far. Then again everyone is focussing more on the other part of the Bill concerning reducing the term limit on abortion by a couple of weeks. There may be some attempt at amending parts of the Act but i couldn't see them coming into conflict with the Commons on this particular issue.

I'm a little too young to remember William Hartnell first time round. The one i grew up with was Tom Baker. For me, the ultimate Doctor. Then it all went downhill from there, culminating in the horrendous Sylvester McCoy whose name alone is enough to send a shiver down the spine.

Compared to that odious little man transportation seems like a sound choice indeed. :D

I'm sure Gordon will take any crumb of comfort at the minute.

I'm not sure what the Lords response will be but there's been no talk of them meddling so far. Then again everyone is focussing more on the other part of the Bill concerning reducing the term limit on abortion by a couple of weeks. There may be some attempt at amending parts of the Act but i couldn't see them coming into conflict with the Commons on this particular issue.

I'm a little too young to remember William Hartnell first time round. The one i grew up with was Tom Baker. For me, the ultimate Doctor. Then it all went downhill from there, culminating in the horrendous Sylvester McCoy whose name alone is enough to send a shiver down the spine.

Compared to that odious little man transportation seems like a sound choice indeed. :D

McCoy was dreadful, I gave up. Here the ABC used to show it (from way back when) but for a number of years they just stopped - the idiots. I think they went through a period of nativism and rejected everything not Australian. But they caught up and ran an episode every weeknight until they almost caught up. It's extremely popular here (cos most of our tv is absolute crap on the commercial channels).

I'm listening to "Revolution On the Dance Floor" by Thomas Falke -- pretty sick song.

I don't usually go for techno but this is sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance. It's got the rock guitars but a computer-voice. It sounds like a dude singing but singing through a computer maybe.

:clink: I found a link to this song actually on a forum, and then I was in my brother's friend's car and he had it playing! It seems pretty underground but it's actually easy to download online -- here -- :cool: http://www.electricfilebox.com/tracks

I'm listening to "Revolution On the Dance Floor" by Thomas Falke -- pretty sick song.

I don't usually go for techno but this is sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance. It's got the rock guitars but a computer-voice. It sounds like a dude singing but singing through a computer maybe.

:clink: I found a link to this song actually on a forum, and then I was in my brother's friend's car and he had it playing! It seems pretty underground but it's actually easy to download online -- here -- :cool: http://www.electricfilebox.com/tracks
It looks like the euro-techno dweeb is back again. At least they posted in an area that makes sense this time.

"Throw Your Arms Around Me" - Hunters and Collectors.

Kinda of interesting , its predictable music but not bad , the lead singer needs a couple of singing lessons but basically has a good voice. I found the lyrics interesting. I liked the line "we may never meet again so shed your skin and lets get started". I dont know how old this is but it shounds 80s is it?

Fear is a strange thing isn't it?

Countless people fear death or disease. Some people, women and gays mostly, fear spiders, beetles and mices. If one were to witness some modish English gent running at great speed, whilst being pursued by a wasp, one may, quite incorrectly, assume he feared wasps. You would be wrong, of course, as he would merely be indulging in the peculiar English practice of "running the wasp". Honest.

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes, fear.

At some point in your life you must have found yourself in your bathroom in the immediate aftermath of, how shall we say, an industrial size bowel movement; one of those beasts that just seems to defy all logical explanation. "I'd best flush that thing away before someone gives it a parking ticket", you think to yourself. And you flush. But it does not go. The water is flowing but the blockage stubbornly remains.

That feeling one gets, as the bowl gradually fills, higher and higher, like some twisted scene from the Poseidon Adventure puts the willies up me, and no mistake. I dare say one would feel a lot safer if Gene Hackman were there to deal with it but one just crosses one's fingers and hopes for the best.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the precise feeling Mr Gordon Browns will be having today as he awaits the people's judgement in the Crewe and Nantwich By-election. I won't lie to you, it's looking grim for Gordon Browns and his bathroom carpet.

Bonaparte - 'A-a-ah'

Fear is a strange thing isn't it?

Countless people fear death or disease. Some people, women and gays mostly, fear spiders, beetles and mices. If one were to witness some modish English gent running at great speed, whilst being pursued by a wasp, one may, quite incorrectly, assume he feared wasps. You would be wrong, of course, as he would merely be indulging in the peculiar English practice of "running the wasp". Honest.

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes, fear.

At some point in your life you must have found yourself in your bathroom in the immediate aftermath of, how shall we say, an industrial size bowel movement; one of those beasts that just seems to defy all logical explanation. "I'd best flush that thing away before someone gives it a parking ticket", you think to yourself. And you flush. But it does not go. The water is flowing but the blockage stubbornly remains.

That feeling one gets, as the bowl gradually fills, higher and higher, like some twisted scene from the Poseidon Adventure puts the willies up me, and no mistake. I dare say one would feel a lot safer if Gene Hackman were there to deal with it but one just crosses one's fingers and hopes for the best.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the precise feeling Mr Gordon Browns will be having today as he awaits the people's judgement in the Crewe and Nantwich By-election. I won't lie to you, it's looking grim for Gordon Browns and his bathroom carpet.

Bonaparte - 'A-a-ah'
I'd suggest the purchase of an item that they sell on this side of the pond called a "plunger". It stuffs that brown stuff down and helps keep the carpeting smelling like cat urine rather than Gordon Browns.

Another day and another humiliation for Gordon Browns and his Party. Labour have managed to lose a safe Parliamentary seat in the north of England. To put it in perspective Crewe and Nantwich was something like number 140 on the Conservative's list of target seats and it was the first time the Tories have won a by-election from Labour in 26 years.

Labour saw their 7,000 majority turned into Tory lead of nearly 8,000, a 17.6% swing.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7415362.stm

The Labour Party thought the best strategy to hold the seat was to opt for the sympathy vote by adopting the daughter of the dead MP as a candidate and indulge in the most ridiculous campaign of "class warfare" and racism.

Instead of focussing on explaining why the party of the working man planned to tax the poorest people in society in order to pay for tax cuts for the middle classes they preferred to follow the Conservative candidate around, dressed up in top hats and morning suits, accusing him of being a "Tory Toff". Apparently, this is a valid point.

Someone who lives in a big house can't possibly understand the everyday struggles of the poor as they seek to make ends meet in the face of consumer price rises. Presumably, unlike the Labour Party who looks the poor in the eye and assures them "we feel your pain" before punching their lights out and rifling through their pockets for their last penny.

Congratulations Gordon Browns, you have single-handedly made the Tory Party electable again.

John Lennon - 'Working Class Hero'

Back