What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Hunters and Collectors - Throw Your Arms Around Me.

You have made me a fan of this song. Its just screams out to be played acoustic though and I think I like this version better than the H&C days.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XahjfsyJs&feature=related"]YouTube - "Throw your arms around me" - Mark Seymour[/ame]

You have made me a fan of this song. Its just screams out to be played acoustic though and I think I like this version better than the H&C days.

<snipped YouTube clip>

Thanks Desh, I hadn't seen that version, it's great. Yes, it does sound better as accoustic, it helps that Mark Seymour can sing (as someone said on the radio the other day, 'Mark's a singer, not a screamer'.

"I've Got A Plan" My Friend the Chocolate Cake.

Last edited:
Good Morning.

Today we, the United Kingdom, break out the best china, brew a lovely pot of tea and bake a cheeky jam sponge before throwing open our doors, not to mention our hearts, to our very special visitor. That's right ladies and gents, respected world statesman, George Doubleyou Bush, is in town to meet the the Queen, do a spot of sight-seeing and have a bit of a gossip with Gordon Browns about all those other beastly nations (ooh, did you see how fat Belgium looked in that dress?).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7456081.stm

I'm not sure what Mr Bush is going to make of his visit. Last time he was here, back in 2003, there were literally hundreds of thousands of people waiting to greet him. They were chanting his name and some had even cobbled together life-size models of the President. I think they must have used some rogue batch of faulty Chinese glue because their models kept catching fire. Luckily the quick-thinking British crowd, lacking access to fire extinguishers, improvised with gallon after gallon of good old-fashioned human saliva, some say spittle. That's the spirit, what?

brownbush.jpg

Bush:Yo Blair, you look kind of different but your wife's new hat is awesome.

Sadly only a few hundred hardy souls were there to welcome Mr Bush this time. I imagine the British public have been seduced by the new kids on the block - the charismatic standard-bearer of American youth, voicing his message of hope and change and that black bloke. How quickly the fickle public forget, eh?

Still, i'm sure Gordon Browns will be casting an envious eye upon the President's 30% approval rating, a level of popularity which the beleaguered Mr Browns can only dream. Maybe Mr Bush will give him a few tips.

'Meet Me By The Getaway Car' - Larrikin Love

That copper's saying, "don't let him near a bike! I know what he did to that Scottish copper last time he was here!" :eek:

The Searchers - "When You Walk in the Room"
(nostalgia kick)

That copper's saying, "don't let him near a bike! I know what he did to that Scottish copper last time he was here!" :eek:

The Searchers - "When You Walk in the Room"
(nostalgia kick)

:D

You know, sometimes i think about what things will be like when he's gone and although i'll probably comfort myself with the satisfaction of somehow remaining alive throughout his tenure in office, i think i may miss his strangle little dances, strangulated speech patterns and crackpot wars.

Obama or McCain have a lot to live up to.

:D

You know, sometimes i think about what things will be like when he's gone and although i'll probably comfort myself with the satisfaction of somehow remaining alive throughout his tenure in office, i think i may miss his strangle little dances, strangulated speech patterns and crackpot wars.

Obama or McCain have a lot to live up to.

If anyone can do a Bush, it's McCain. Granted he won't mangle the language but I bet he does a nice little war.

The Kinks - '"Tired of Waiting" (must be nostalgia week).

Back