Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Girth

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Nuts

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Asshat

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
I believe technically murder is defined by an unlawful killing. Since they are contracted by the government one could argue that they are not technical murderers.

Nope, nope.

Actually, murder is killing with malice and intent. If it merely applied to killing that the government disagreed with, the term wouldn't mean that much.

You know SF, it's funny how you said I wasn't brave enough to repeat what I said, but I owned waht I said, I always do.

You on the other hand just lied on this thread.

You did not only say he was laughing at me.

You said, you agreed that it's "people like you who destroy our troops" Liar.

Poor SF, a girl is more man than you'll ever be. You'll never see the day I run from anything I say.

Which I personally know to be untrue. Darla has probably done more for the troops than any sorry a$$ chickenhawk war apologist on this board could ever dream of doing.

The homicides that our soldiers commit are usually justified because they are in "self-defense". However, since this is not a war of self defense, that logic is brought into question. In any case, the final responsibility rests with the government that ordered the killings, not the soldiers who were forced into it.

I believe technically murder is defined by an unlawful killing. Since they are contracted by the government one could argue that they are not technical murderers.

Because of them and those that came before them, you have the right to think of them any way you wish and to voice that opinion.

The homicides that our soldiers commit are usually justified because they are in "self-defense". However, since this is not a war of self defense, that logic is brought into question. In any case, the final responsibility rests with the government that ordered the killings, not the soldiers who were forced into it.

I can agree with that.

Somehow I knew you would be spouting off....

Take a look at this thread you moron. Who brought this up again? When Damo suggested we stop.... we both agreed... yet who brought it up again after that? Then Darla came on to explain her position. Which I am fine with.

My responses have been directed at darla for her post and at Tiana for hers that were directed to me. So if you don't like it, just run along and play somewhere else. As long as the comments are directed at me, I will respond.

So, do you have anything else you want to say Cypress? Good... back to IA for you.

LOL

Tell me SF, if you are so intent on ignoring me, why are you snooping around in PMs and email, asking about private matters that don't concern you?

Which I personally know to be untrue. Darla has probably done more for the troops than any sorry a$$ chickenhawk war apologist on this board could ever dream of doing.

LMAO... read what I wrote. I did not say she or people like her "destroy the troops." I said it is sad the amount of bullshit they have to take from people like her that call them murderers.

Because of them and those that came before them, you have the right to think of them any way you wish and to voice that opinion.

Not these ones. What they're doing over in Iraq, that's hurting my freedom, not defending it. The responsbility for wasting those mens lives lies with Bush, however.

Again. I'm just simply stating a fact. if my fact is wrong please feel free to debate.
This didn't answer the question. Please tell us what you think of those people who would honor their part of the social contract in this situation.

I dont agree with calling any soldier a murderer if they are acting within the laws of combat.

I still dont see how that allows for someone to bring personal confidences into a public forum.

Super may not have intended to do that part and has expressed remorse for doing so.

I Just wish people would stop aiming to harm people personally and do what this forum was designed to do and discuss the issues and forget the childish attempts to make someone go away.

Not these ones. What they're doing over in Iraq, that's hurting my freedom, not defending it. The responsbility for wasting those mens lives lies with Bush, however.

Well, be sure to let them know that. I am sure there is a military base close by. Stop on by and let them know how you feel. Their likely response is that you are entitled to your opinion and have the right to voice it.

This didn't answer the question. Please tell us what you think of those people who would honor their part of the social contract in this situation.

Again, my point was not rooted in my opinions about soldiers that kill innocent civilians, it was the fact that some do kill and they do kill innocent civilians. Its a fact. End of story.

For some reason its a fact that a lot of people want to over look by deflecting the conversation toward personal reflections and say things like, "Because of them and those that came before them, you have the right to think of them any way you wish and to voice that opinion. " all the while glossing over and not acknowledging that yes, they do kill and at times they kill innocent people. Calling them murderers in the framework of the US legal system is probably incorrect if there was no malintent - but then again, I'm no lawyer.

Well, be sure to let them know that. I am sure there is a military base close by. Stop on by and let them know how you feel. Their likely response is that you are entitled to your opinion and have the right to voice it.

Of course I have the right to voice my opinion. That's common sense and it's idiotic to reiterate that like a zombie everytime someone brings up a point.

My dad is in the military. The current war, however, is not a war to protect America. I feel bad for the soldiers that are dying in Bush's war, but they aren't protecting my freedom there. Their presence in America deters foreign attackers, and in that way protects my freedom. Their presence in Iraq does not.

Back