Who's Number One?

your joking right MSU will have a minimum of 2 loses.
Who have they beaten?
Who they have beaten matters not one wit at this stage. They only have one ranked team to play, Iowa, and if they beat them they will probably run the table and go undefeated. If they are the only undefeated team from a BCS conference they'll be in the NCG. MSU's next game is against a decent but not great Northwestern team. After that they have Iowa, after that it's Illinois, Purdue and Penn St. They could very well lose to Iowa, that game could be for the conference championship.

It's interesting how things can work out in the Big 10 cause if Iowa beats MSU then 4 teams will be competing for the conference championship. If OSU ties with MSU, OSU wins Tie breaker. If Iowa ties with OSU, OSU wins tie breaker, If Wisconsin and OSU tie Wisconsin wins tie breaker. If MSU and Iowa tie, Iowa wins tie breaker. If Iowa wins out they are conference champes. If MSU wins out they are conference champs. If OSU wins out and Iowa beats MSU, then OSU will be champs. If Wisconsin wins out they need help as MSU will have to lose twice for them to win the conference.

That doesn't matter either. If LSU goes undefeated and are the only team from a BCS coference to go undefeated they will play in the NCG.
I agree, it doesn't matter. But whenever some other team is ranked higher than "your, my, their" team that is the question that gets asked. And i am just saying that if their team really hasn't played any team of great repute, then you have no business asking that question anyway. LSU has not really played anyone so Top should not ask the question.

That doesn't matter either. If LSU goes undefeated and are the only team from a BCS coference to go undefeated they will play in the NCG.

If LSU goes undefeated, they should play for the NC anyway. They will have beaten Florida, Auburn and Arkansas at their home fields, and come to Tuscaloosa and beaten Alabama. Having said that, I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of doing that. LSU will lose at least 2, if not 3, of their remaining games.

If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.

If my grandma had wheels she'd be a wagon.

If my aunt had more hair on her nuts she'd be my uncle.

If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass when it jumped.

If LSU goes undefeated....

Iowa will rape MSU. Even if they don't I don't see a puppy schedule and a win over Iowa as enough. A 1 loss LSU, Auburn, Bama would be way more deserving and would go.

Iowa will rape MSU. Even if they don't I don't see a puppy schedule and a win over Iowa as enough. A 1 loss LSU, Auburn, Bama would be way more deserving and would go.
Well considering you have an SEC bias I understand why you would feel that way. But it's not the reality. Reality is, that if Boise State is undefeated and MSU is the only undefeated big 6 conference team left then those two would play in the NCG. You're argument isn't helped in that it's an off year for the SEC. The only SEC teams impressing anyone are Bama and Auborn.

If LSU goes undefeated, they should play for the NC anyway. They will have beaten Florida, Auburn and Arkansas at their home fields, and come to Tuscaloosa and beaten Alabama. Having said that, I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of doing that. LSU will lose at least 2, if not 3, of their remaining games.
I wasn't suggesting they would. I only stated a fact. If LSU is undefeated and they are the only undefeated Big 6 conference team, they'll play in the NCG.

I'd bet MSU loses 2, but still beating a non top ten Iowa gets you in the NC. Child please they would have a weaker record than the undefeated Auburn team that got snubbed.

I agree, it doesn't matter. But whenever some other team is ranked higher than "your, my, their" team that is the question that gets asked. And i am just saying that if their team really hasn't played any team of great repute, then you have no business asking that question anyway. LSU has not really played anyone so Top should not ask the question.
I can't argue that. LSU is with out a doubt the least impressive of the undefeated teams.....but they are undefeated. Having said that I think LSU will lose to Bama, Auburn and Arkansas. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see LSU lose to those three and get upset by Ole Miss. If that scenario were to happen, Les Miles would probably be gone.

I can't argue that. LSU is with out a doubt the least impressive of the undefeated teams.....but they are undefeated. Having said that I think LSU will lose to Bama, Auburn and Arkansas. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see LSU lose to those three and get upset by Ole Miss. If that scenario were to happen, Les Miles would probably be gone.

Here's a lesson for lovers of pussy conf like Big 10, pac10 and tcu / boise.

LSU has the no 1 rated DL Drake Nevis
no 1 rated CB Patrick Peterson
no 10 LB Sheppard

I doubt any other team has anything close. NO way in hell LSU loses all three

no 10 LB Sheppard

They have a tough defense, but almost no offense to speak of. Yeah, they will hold Bama, auburn & Arkansas to less than 20. But when they can't score more than 2 FGs, they will lose. Both Bama and auburn come on strong in the 4th qtr, so Ark is the best hope for LSU having less than 3 losses.

Last edited:
They have a tough defense, but almost no offense to speak of. Yeah, they will hold Bama, auburn & Arkansas to less than 20. But when they can't score more than 2 FGs, they will lose. Both Bama and auburn come on strong in the 4th qtr, so Ark is the best hope for LSU having less than 3 losses.

no way in hell we lose all 3

no way in hell we lose all 3

I would recommend NOT hurting Ryan Mallett. His backup looks better than he does.

The toughest part about rooting for LSU is how fast they will fall with one or two loses. I see a major drop for ya'll on sunday.

so do the odds makers, Auburn is a 6 pt favorite.

I think Lights Cameron Action has already won the hiesman

that assumes Iowa will lose to someone.....
Yes it does. If Iowa wins out they will be the undisputed Big 10 champs. I'll go this far too. If Iowa can win out and go undefeated in the Big 10 then they are a legitimate NCG contendor. Their odds become real good if Arizona wins the Pac 10. Iowa has a tough road, Wisc, MSU and OSU yet to play. The good news is they play all three at home.

However if Iowa loses anyone of those games then they lose out on the tie breakers for the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:

no 10 LB Sheppard

WTF is the TCU / Boise Conference?

Back