Who's Number One?

I was listening to ESPN radio today, and they had some sports betting personality as an expert. He was talking about the SEC games this weekend and who was still in the hunt. Of course he talked about Auburn & LSU. He also talked about Bama not being out of it yet.

But he surprised me when he talked about Arkansas still being in the mix. He made teh point that the Hawgs lost to 2 good teams, and that I agree with. But I almost ran off the road when he said "Arkansas is still a power, especially since they are starting to play good defense now".

WTF? Starting to play good defense???? They got 65 points hung on them and this jerks says they are starting to play good defense? Yeah, let me pay you for your picks.

Ok, the team that soundly beat Texas got slaughtered last night.

Oregon laid 60 points on UCLA while holding them to 13. So who is left to take the Ducks down?

Ok, the team that soundly beat Texas got slaughtered last night.

Oregon laid 60 points on UCLA while holding them to 13. So who is left to take the Ducks down?
UCLA also got spanked by Kansas State so I wouldn't read to much into that. The Ducks still have to play Arizona at home and USC and Ore State on the road. I haven't seen anything yet to me that indicates they are a better team they they were last year. They have played only one rated team this year. Stanford. Whoop de do. Arizona has a very good defence and USC is always tought to beat at home.

I don't see any pac 10 team taking out the ducs, even though they usually lay an egg.

Oregon vs Boise NC

The #1 team in the country went down for the 3rd week in a row.

LSU held Cam Newton to fewer than 30, but Les had no last minute miracle up his sleeve.

Bama looked better and whipped TN.

It was a good saturday of football.

BTW Top, I think AZ can take Oregon if they play right.

Iowa's chance of a NCG is gone, LSU's is gone. The question is, who can beat Auburn.

Bama will beat auburn. It won't happen until the 4th qtr, but we will take the cow-college out of the running.

The latest BCS poll has Auburn at #1. Oregon hung in at #2, and Boise is still locked out at #3.

I don't see BAMA beating Auburn, but if they do LSU is back in.
I don't see LSU beating Bama or Ark.

LSU won't be back in. Bama will beat LSU before they beat Auburn. So LSU will have 2 loses, Bama and Auburn will each have 1, with Bama winning the tie-breaker because we beat auburn head to head.

The latest BCS poll has Auburn at #1. Oregon hung in at #2, and Boise is still locked out at #3.
The BCS is such a freaken joke and it needs to start giving more emphasis on a teams strength of schedule when creating the rankings. Here's my top 12 based on record and strength of schedule. Teams with 1 loss but more then 10% SOS over the undefeated teams I've leap frogged over the undefeated teams for playing a much harder schedule.

Team Comb Opp Rec. SOS%

#1 Auburn 35-21 61%
#2 Mich St 30-28 51.7%
#3 Missou 26-25 51%
#4 Okla 31-20 60.7%
#5 LSU 31-28 52.5%
#6 OSU 31-28 52.5%
#7 TCU 26-35 42.6%
#8 Boise 18-27 40%
#9 Bama 25-32 43.8%
#10 Wisc 26-34 43%
#11 Ore 15-35 30%
#12 Utah 14-39 26%

Now before you Bama fans start lyncing me. Bama has yet to play Auborn and LSU and if Bama wins out they will probably be the highest ranked 1 loss team based on strenght of schedule but right now, they haven't played as tough a schedule as LSU or Auburn (Yet!). I'm going by the strength of schedule #'s. Wisconsin at # 10 would seem controversial but their weak non-conf schedule hurts them.

Oregon is a joke. There not even as good as they were last year and you saw what OSU did to them. Their strength of schedule so far has been a joke. Same with Utah. No Way should the Ducks be #2. The next best undefeated team after Auburn based on strength of schedule is Mich State.

If Auburn and MSU and Missou win out and go undefeated then based on record and strength of schedule Auburn and Missou (MSU slips to #3) should play in the NCG. If they don't the BCS is a joke (of course we all ready know that). No way Boise, TCU, Ore or Utah should be in the NCG based on their weak schedules. Even if they are the only undefeated teams left a 1 loss SEC, Big 10 or Big 12 champions are better teams.

Last edited:
Yes Motthead, we trust your strength of schedule calculations more than the freaking multi-million dollar computer used by the BCS! You are truly goofy!

I think Bama got robbed this week, two teams leapfrogged them and Auburn went from #4 to #1. But hey, that's okay though, I like AU being #1, they will get the big head like they always do, and we'll ruin their season for them. That is, if Georgia doesn't beat us to it.

I still think Auburn has a losing record this year without Cam Newton. They are WAY overrated, and in over their heads, but they don't know this. Aubies... it takes a special kind of stupid to roll your own corner when you win, doesn't it?

I like the respect LSU is gettting, but maybe I'm overreacting I don't think we are even 12 like the BCS says. Our offense is so weak we'll be out of the top 25 by year's end.

Yes Motthead, we trust your strength of schedule calculations more than the freaking multi-million dollar computer used by the BCS! You are truly goofy!

I think Bama got robbed this week, two teams leapfrogged them and Auburn went from #4 to #1. But hey, that's okay though, I like AU being #1, they will get the big head like they always do, and we'll ruin their season for them. That is, if Georgia doesn't beat us to it.

I still think Auburn has a losing record this year without Cam Newton. They are WAY overrated, and in over their heads, but they don't know this. Aubies... it takes a special kind of stupid to roll your own corner when you win, doesn't it?

Cam Newton is as dangerous as anyone in the NCAA. But I don't think auburn has much else. They certainly have no pass defense.

Bama had a slump last year that required some great luck to get thru. We lost one and are now rolling back up to our potential. We will take auburn again.

It's a straightforwad calculation. The games your oppoents have won divided by the games they lost multiplied by 100. Even someone as numerically challenged as you can make this calculation. This isn't rocket science Dixie. Bama has played a very weak non-conference schedule inlcuding one FCS team, they did not play as strong a non-conf schedule as LSU did and thus LSU gets the nod over Bama.

I like the respect LSU is gettting, but maybe I'm overreacting I don't think we are even 12 like the BCS says. Our offense is so weak we'll be out of the top 25 by year's end.

LSU managed to pass against auburn, despite not doing that very well all season. After the way Bama looked saturday, I think we can throw against auburn. or at least throw enough to keep our running game going.

Back