Who's Number One?

I like the respect LSU is gettting, but maybe I'm overreacting I don't think we are even 12 like the BCS says. Our offense is so weak we'll be out of the top 25 by year's end.
I'd say you've earned it based on your record and strength of schedule. But if you lose to Bama, which I think will probably be the case, then yup you'll be out of the top 12.

Cam Newton is as dangerous as anyone in the NCAA. But I don't think auburn has much else. They certainly have no pass defense.

Bama had a slump last year that required some great luck to get thru. We lost one and are now rolling back up to our potential. We will take auburn again.
It should be a good game. :)

It's a straightforwad calculation. The games your oppoents have won divided by the games they lost multiplied by 100. Even someone as numerically challenged as you can make this calculation. This isn't rocket science Dixie. Bama has played a very weak non-conference schedule inlcuding one FCS team, they did not play as strong a non-conf schedule as LSU did and thus LSU gets the nod over Bama.

Games your opponents won can be deceiving though. For example if you beat a Div II team that has an excellent record that throws the whole calculation off.

IMO LSU loses to bama and ark and is out of the top 25 at year end. We simply have one of the worse passing attacks in the Nation.

Saturday night I was out watching the UFC fights with my friends. The bar I was at was hosting a convention of Mizzou alumni. It was weird at first, because I didn't know they were there, and people kept referring to the "Missouri game" being on some of the screens, and I was like "WTF? Its the Oklahoma game!!!" Turns out it was a successful convention night for those folks, seeing as how their alma mater upset the latest #1 team.

I just want to say, hey BCS, you guys are a bunch of fags. Seriously.

Games your opponents won can be deceiving though. For example if you beat a Div II team that has an excellent record that throws the whole calculation off.
It does and that but that goes into the tie breakers. You take a big hit if you pussied out and played and FCS team.

Missouri and Michigan State fell. Now Bama inches up.

This plan is coming together nicely.

well, the wife's got a great uncle who's an alum.....the sort with the pull to get seats with a phone call.......you probably wouldn't be very popular in the president's box, though.....

Missouri and Michigan State fell. Now Bama inches up.

This plan is coming together nicely.
What plan? Bama's road to the NCG will need some help. First they need to win out and then they need Oregon, Utah and TCU to lose a game. Bama will not leap frog an undefeated Utah or TCU. There schedule has been strong enough. The good news is that Utah and TCU play each other and then each have some tough games after that. there's real good chance both teams will have a loss by the end of the year. Boise you don't have to worry about. Bama needs to win out and needs either Oregon to lose or the winner of the TCU/Utah game to lose a game.

My Buckeyes road is much tougher and improbable. They need Auborn to win out and 9 of the top ten teams to all lose a game. If Auborn wins out, Boise wins out and OSU wins out and all the rest of the current top ten lose, OSU will play Auborn in the NCG. That's probably not going to happen. Another scenarios for OSU is for Oregon to win out (very likely), Bama wins the SEC west but loses the SEC CG (not likely) and the rest of the top 10, except Boise, loses a game....again, not likely.

No way an undefeated Boise goes to the NCG unless the Big 10, SEC and Pac 10 champs all have 2 loses.....that's not probably going to happen.

The good thing for the Buceyes is that if they win out, they are a lock for a BCS bid. Might not be the Rose Bowl but they'll get a BCS invite. To get the Rose Bowl they need the Cheeseheads to lose a game. Possible but not likely at this stage.

Yeah, I don't see Oregon losing.
Arizona is a good team. Better then USC. I wouldn't count them out. They also have to play the Beavers. That's an upset in the making. Considering there's no team in the Pac 10, outside of Arizona, that has a defense. Oregon is beatable.

If we end up with Oregon undefeated going up against Utah/TCU/Boise, then we will have our first national champion from a non-BCS conference. Oregon isn't as good as they were last year and you saw what OSU did to them. In reality, Oregon is comparable to Miss State. They'd be a mid level SEC team with their weak defense.

Arizona is a good team. Better then USC. I wouldn't count them out. They also have to play the Beavers. That's an upset in the making. Considering there's no team in the Pac 10, outside of Arizona, that has a defense. Oregon is beatable.

If we end up with Oregon undefeated going up against Utah/TCU/Boise, then we will have our first national champion from a non-BCS conference. Oregon isn't as good as they were last year and you saw what OSU did to them. In reality, Oregon is comparable to Miss State. They'd be a mid level SEC team with their weak defense.

Dude, I was at the game Saturday and Oregon is freaking for real. And I'll say straight up I hate Oregon. They have quite possibly the most obnoxious fans in the country. They've never won before so they have this major inferiority complex but that's neither here not there (and I've had this attitude towards well before they beat us three out of the last four years). That being said man they are freaking good. Their offense is potent and they have major speed on defense.

This is not the same team that lost to Boise St and Ohio State last year. They've stepped their game up this year.

Dude, I was at the game Saturday and Oregon is freaking for real. And I'll say straight up I hate Oregon. They have quite possibly the most obnoxious fans in the country. They've never won before so they have this major inferiority complex but that's neither here not there (and I've had this attitude towards well before they beat us three out of the last four years). That being said man they are freaking good. Their offense is potent and they have major speed on defense.

This is not the same team that lost to Boise St and Ohio State last year. They've stepped their game up this year.
I have to agreew with you, they are the real deal as far as I have seen! My brother in law, super Boise fan, agrees!

I watched AZ play one game this year, and their defense looked tough. Oregon's offense is the real deal. The only way to beat them is to slow the game down and takeaway the outside.

If they play Auburn it will end up looking like a basketball score.

I look for Oregon to lose to AZ, Auburn to lose to Bama, Utah to lose to TCU, and then Bama & TCU play for the crystal football.

I've watched them too. Their defense is marginally better then last year and their offense isn't as good. They've ran up a ton of points against weak sister defenses. They only play two decent defenses this year and they have yet to play either. We'll find out how good they are if they can blow out Arizona. Having said that, Bama, LSU, Wisconsin, Arizona, Iowa, and TCU all have a defensive lines that can shut down their run attack and with out that, The Ducks suck. Mark my word. If they end up in the NCG against either TCU or Boise...they'll get beat. They rank about 33 in the nation in defense. That's not a championship caliber team. Good enough to dominate the PAC 10? Sure, but not win a national championship.

Back