Why don't feminists fight for Muslim women?

Cite me something... anything... that says every burqa-wearing woman hates it, hotshot.

Just because you're ignorant about women doesn't mean everybody is.

The argument is 'Choice'. Do women in these repressive regimes have a 'CHOICE"? Does their tradition and culture brainwash them into believing wearing a cow blanket is their only option? Like foot binding in China or lip plates in parts of Africa, women can be coerced into believing abnormal behavior is ... normal. I'm sure if YOU lived in these areas of the world you would love your Burqa and if beat with a stick, would acknowledge you deserved it. Not all women are as subservient and obedient as you. I support women who want a 'Choice'.

I guess "We're done here" doesn't mean really done, hypocrite. It mean "done until I need her to help me", hypocrite.

I cut her off and removed her from my friends' list, faux feminista. How have I "needed her help"?

I'll understand if you can't explain, of course.

I know, there are people who believe I have sway over the other mods and they allow me to have my prejudices against others when applying the rules. It makes me laugh.

You're an imbecile. Nobody claimed you "have sway over the other mods."

5xht.jpg

I'm beginning to picture Christie like this. :(

The argument is 'Choice'. Do women in these repressive regimes have a 'CHOICE"? Does their tradition and culture brainwash them into believing wearing a cow blanket is their only option? Like foot binding in China or lip plates in parts of Africa, women can be coerced into believing abnormal behavior is ... normal. I'm sure if YOU lived in these areas of the world you would love your Burqa and if beat with a stick, would acknowledge you deserved it. Not all women are as subservient and obedient as you. I support women who want a 'Choice'.

Did you skip your Focus Factor today or are you just dumb as a stump? Everything I've written here about the burqa is about choice.

#65 I myself wouldn't wear a burqa, niqab or nun garb. If women want to, it's their decision. Apparently BJ thinks every Muslim woman is against that clothing and is in silent rebellion. I don't.

#156 I support women everywhere wearing what they please, when they please and where they please; I condemn these Iranians for punishing a woman who is standing up for her right to wear what she wants, where she wants.

I'm not telling anybody what to wear, either. So what's your beef with me?

#213 All of my comments here are about Muslim women (or any women) being allowed to wear whatever they want.

#263 I think it would be hot wearing a burqa during a workout and a drag trying to swim with one on, but it's the woman's choice.

#296 I have no trouble with burqas because I'm not the one trying to dictate what women should or shouldn't wear.

Lol, you obviously aren’t privy to how things work here. A mod or poster sees a rules violation, it’s reported, then there is discussion in our mod forum on the post if it did, or didn’t violate a rule. Then a decision is made on no violation, warning or ban, then duration of ban. Sometimes it takes awhile to come to a verdict because of time schedules of mods, we have a life outside the forum. No mod can rule to ban a poster for a rules violation on their own. It may seem to you that we are turning a blind eye, but we aren’t. There are things going on behind the scene of which you aren’t aware.

I think this has been explained to you before, it’s a lot to retain, hope having it in writing helps, and helps you understand how moderation on this forum works.

Interesting how despite the fact that your (group your) mod decisions are based on the rules and not on individual feelings about politics, and sometimes an (R) seems to "get away with" something, and sometimes a (D) does -- if you're not banning the "right" people you're all obviously unfair and biased. I know there was a violation a while back that I reported as a 12b, but the mods did not agree. Unlike StarGeezer et al though, I haven't continued to whine and cry over it. Ditto for others.

If you don't ask everybody to call out everyone who uses racial slurs, you have double standards. Hypocrite.

I hereby call upon everyone to call out anyone & everyone who uses racial slurs, as I have done.

If you call out only conservatives but refuse to call out liberals for the same thing, what does that make Y O U?

Back