Why I am am athiest

Same here. I can name the professor who had the most impact upon me, but AFAIK, he never wrote any books. Just drank a lot of Wild Turkey and smoked Camel unfiltered. LOL
What did he live to, about 45 years old? lol

I don't think I ever even paid much attention to the authors of college textbooks, I was being tested on the content, not on who wrote them. What a weird thing to demand people remember - textbook authors :laugh:

I have seen Richard Dawkins widely interviewed on cable TV and internet for 20 years.

Like I said, he's a scientist atheist you recognize. No harm. But you must remember that there are many other scientists who are public atheists as well. Atkins has been active on the atheist discussion scene for many years. The fact you were unfamiliar with one is nothing to get bent about. You don't know everything.

I do, however, love how upset you get when, as per usual, I find a hole in your knowledge. Such a fragile ego.

I actually kind of find it "humanizing" to see you struggle. I find it kind of "ick" to see how you thrash about and scream when you are shown to not know something, but that's all just part of the weak ego.

Maybe if you knew more about science and atheism you wouldn't struggle so much when talking to people who do.

I don't think I ever even paid much attention to the authors of college textbooks,

That's an interesting claim. Funny coming from someone like you who literally memorizes names and book titles so you can name-check famous thinkers in all your posts.

I understand why you don't know much about college textbook authors and that's because you were just kind of "visiting" university. Probably mommy and daddy told you you had to go to college and you gave about as little as possible.

I actually DID focus a lot on the books I learned from. I have some of my favorite science communicators but that's because when I read technical literature I actually READ it. So understanding who writes what helps me zero in on the best resources for information.

You are just a Wikipedia Scholar.

I was being tested on the content, not on who wrote them. What a weird thing to demand people remember - textbook authors :laugh:

I'm going to call you out ONCE AGAIN for your lies that you studied geology. If you actually DID then you KNEW the name DANA. Likely you knew the name DANA and HURLBUTT and KLEIN. If you don't then you didn't study geology.

You might be able to google your way through this but I doubt it.

I find it hilarious that when someone is MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE about a topic than you are either you have an EXCUSE or you MOCK that knowledge.

Talk about a child ego.

Agreed...and what they want to prove is that God is an unjust immoral monster. What they refuse to admit is that mankind's perception of God is just as flawed as MTG's perception of what causes California wildfires and hurricanes hitting Florida.

Agreed on cherry-picking. FWIW, I never trust anyone's judgement who cherry-picks and is never willing to discuss context.

The Abrahamic God blows hot and cold, sometimes wrathful, sometimes just. IMO, most stories like Sodom and Gomorrah are told after the fact to explain their destruction.

It's common across cultures to explain destructive natural forces in terms of "the wrath of the gods". Vikings saying thunder is Thor's wrath is a non-Abrahamic example. The Kamikaze destroying Khan's fleet thus saving Japan from invasion is another.

Historicity

Sodom and Gomorrah are possibly located under or adjacent to the shallow waters south of Al-Lisān, a former peninsula in the central part of the Dead Sea in Israel that now fully separates the sea’s northern and southern basins. They presumably were devastated about 1900 bce by an earthquake in the Dead Sea area of the East African Rift System, an extensive geologic rift extending southward from the Jordan River valley in Israel to the Zambezi River system in eastern Africa. Archaeological evidence indicates that the area was once fertile, in the Middle Bronze Age (c. 2000–c. 1550 bce), with fresh water flowing into the Dead Sea in sufficient amounts to sustain agriculture. Because of the fertile land, Lot selected the area of the cities of the Valley of Siddim (the Salt Sea, or Dead Sea) to graze his flocks. When the catastrophic destruction occurred, the petroleum and gases existing in the area probably contributed to the imagery of “brimstone and fire” that accompanied the geological upheaval that destroyed the cities. Har Sedom (Arabic: Jabal Usdum), or Mount Sodom, at the southwestern end of the sea, reflects Sodom’s name. The present-day industrial site of Sedom, Israel, on the Dead Sea shore, is located near the presumed site of Sodom and Gomorrah.
The uniformed and the uneducated are always trying to impose 21st century standards of biography and history on 2000 year old books. Biography and history did not even exist as literary genres in the ancient Near East.

The Hebrew Bible seems to be a combination of poetry, metaphor, legendary oral accounts, and hyperbole. The fact that amalaks and canninites show up again in the Bible, centuries after they were supposedly ordered to be utterly wiped out to the last man, woman, and child seems to indicate the Hebrew scribes were writing in hyperbole. The same way we would say the Chiefs "destroyed" the Steelers. They didn't actually "destroy" them.

That is what we call a "joke".

I thought you had heard the phrase "JEsus H. Christ" before. If you haven't then today is your day to learn a common phrase.

To save Cypress some time here's a link:

f38e387f04b3b00cb90f48a79b25615b.jpg

Shen. It's a Japanese version. Here in Phoenix, the temple was founded by Japanese interned in WW 2.
Okay, so that's a form of Pure Land Buddhism, I never knew it was also called Shin. I think that Pure Land Buddhism always sounded tangentially similar to Protestantism, because they both base the idea of salvation or transcendence strictly on placing faith in a type of deity.

That's an interesting claim. Funny coming from someone like you who literally memorizes names and book titles so you can name-check famous thinkers in all your posts.

I understand why you don't know much about college textbook authors and that's because you were just kind of "visiting" university. Probably mommy and daddy told you you had to go to college and you gave about as little as possible.

I actually DID focus a lot on the books I learned from. I have some of my favorite science communicators but that's because when I read technical literature I actually READ it. So understanding who writes what helps me zero in on the best resources for information.

You are just a Wikipedia Scholar.

I'm going to call you out ONCE AGAIN for your lies that you studied geology. If you actually DID then you KNEW the name DANA. Likely you knew the name DANA and HURLBUTT and KLEIN. If you don't then you didn't study geology.

You might be able to google your way through this but I doubt it.

I find it hilarious that when someone is MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE about a topic than you are either you have an EXCUSE or you MOCK that knowledge.

Talk about a child ego.
Way too much word salad to profit from slogging through.

Perry, do you normally get so stressed out about who doesn't remember the author of a 30 year old college textbook?

There is actually more evidence for God than a lot of things that we accept scientifically.

Hypnotic regressions, NDE's, channelings, OBE's. Thousands of people who have accounts of communication w/ God - 10's of thousands. And a great deal of corroboration between accounts.

On multiple occasions now you have taken the opportunity to do internet research to cherry pick the most offensive sentences from the Hebrew Bible.

You obviously have an agenda.

My question is, why don't you complain about the Hebrew Bible to your Jewish neighbors and Jewish co-workers? It's their faith tradition that wrote the words that bother you.
No agenda. I just think it’s amusing.
I’m sure that’s lost on you, having absolutely no sense of humor.

No, but interesting conclusion. :)
I've never accused you of being a pediatrician nor going after under age patients. Per your own posts, you admitted to drugging adult "clients" and having sex with them. Am I wrong?
Not only wrong but I bet you can’t even find any post of mine saying that.
Another 12b bet? Of course you have nothing to be concerned about. Two of the three mods refuse to enforce 12b violations on you.

No, Rapeydentist,
I thought you proved I was no dentist. Am i wrong?

Last edited:
Not only wrong but I bet you can’t even find any post of mine saying that.
Another 12b bet? Of course you have nothing to be concerned about. Two of the three mods refuse to enforce 12b violations on you.
Go easy on Dutch, he's sensitive and wants to take the easy way out. Saint Peter has Dutch blacklisted for lacking a soul so he will spend eternity without a door to pass through.

Okay, so that's a form of Pure Land Buddhism, I never knew it was also called Shin. I think that Pure Land Buddhism always sounded tangentially similar to Protestantism, because they both base the idea of salvation or transcendence strictly on placing faith in a type of deity.
It's not like most Buddhist sects. It's more social and about ties than some sort of meditation and rigorous spirituality.

On multiple occasions now you have taken the opportunity to do internet research to cherry pick the most offensive sentences from the Hebrew Bible.

You obviously have an agenda.

My question is, why don't you complain about the Hebrew Bible to your Jewish neighbors and Jewish co-workers? It's their faith tradition that wrote the words that bother you.
but it's dumb Christians like you who pretend it;s more important than the new testament and can't even acknowledge basic plot points of the New Testament.

Back