Will The Left Even Attempt To Explain This?

Context, my friend....learn how it's used. That's how many of these arguments start.

You said that people making $40k get EITC. $40k for a single person is a pretty decent living. $40k for a.family of four is barely scraping by. It also doesn't show how that money is earned. Perhaps both parents are working and making $20k each. Then you have to factor in stuff like child care(if the children are young), the added cost of EVERYTHING when you have children.

For example....when I was single....I had more money to piss away 13 years ago at $30k/year than my wife and I do now at $110k/year....why? A household to take care of and children to feed.

So yes....you are making false arguments.

Interesting. You have claimed before that you and your wife have no children.

Interesting. You have claimed before that you and your wife have no children.

Search the forum sunshine....you are dead wrong. We have a Son(stepson for me) who we paid his way through college and are now paying for our daughter(stepdaughter) to get her college education.

Suck the corporate dick a little more sunshine.

Look I know you miss Howey but he is on timeout for 29 more days

Now maybe you can explain how EITC isn't welfare? I mean they aren't receiving taxes they paid are they?

Nope. They are receiving other people's money aren't they? They aren't receiving money they actually worked for are they?

Look I know you miss Howey but he is on timeout for 29 more days

Now maybe you can explain how EITC isn't welfare? I mean they aren't receiving taxes they paid are they?

Nope. They are receiving other people's money aren't they? They aren't receiving money they actually worked for are they?

How many of the people who qualify for the EITC get MORE than they paid in.....I'll wait.

How many of the people who qualify for the EITC get MORE than they paid in.....I'll wait.

For what? Your check from the government?

Read, and learn:

You can end up getting back more money than you pay in.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Tax-Deductions-and-Credits/5-Facts-About-the-Earned-Income-Tax-Credit/INF18089.html

I'm sure you do. You asked if people could get more than they paid in, and I proved they can.

Your move.

I didn't ask if they COULD....I already know that....I asked SPECIFICALLY....of the people that qualify for the EITC, how many (percentages are fine) actually get back more than they pay in as a result?

I didn't ask if they COULD....I already know that....I asked SPECIFICALLY....of the people that qualify for the EITC, how many (percentages are fine) actually get back more than they pay in as a result?

According to JCT 51 percent of all households, which includes filers and non-filers, had either zero, or negative income tax liability for tax year 2009.

The Committee also found that 30 percent of tax units actually made money off the income tax system for the 2009 tax year.

http://www.finance.senate.gov/newsroom/ranking/release/?id=e7723a9e-ed4a-4e10-af90-a56dfb0ccec5

According to JCT 51 percent of all households, which includes filers and non-filers, had either zero, or negative income tax liability for tax year 2009.

The Committee also found that 30 percent of tax units actually made money off the income tax system for the 2009 tax year.

http://www.finance.senate.gov/newsroom/ranking/release/?id=e7723a9e-ed4a-4e10-af90-a56dfb0ccec5

Ok....that's not answering my question.

There are other variables...such as...the standard deduction, dependents....etc. for instance if a four member family with an income of $26.5k JUST used the standard deductions that everyone uses, they would owe zero in taxes....because the deductions would equal what they paid in.

Also, there are other variables...the elderly get some.breaks on their SS income.

So once again....what's the percentage of EITC that actually get MORE than they paid?

Ok....that's not answering my question. There are other variables...such as...the standard deduction, dependents....etc. for instance if a four member family with an income of $26.5k JUST used the standard deductions that everyone uses, they would owe zero in taxes....because the deductions would equal what they paid in. Also, there are other variables...the elderly get some.breaks on their SS income. So once again....what's the percentage of EITC that actually get MORE than they paid?

Looks like more than twenty million people got more back via EITC than they paid in FICA in 2009.

The EITC is the largest cash or near cash assistance program targeted at low-income families. TPC estimates that almost 26 million households will receive a total of $60 billion in reduced taxes and refunds in 2013 (Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center Microsimulation Model, version 0412-8).

The IRS also reports that more than three-fourths of eligible families claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit in 2009, a much higher take-up rate than that for Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (40 percent in 2005) or for SNAP (60 percent in 2005).

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/key-elements/family/eitc.cfm

Looks like more than twenty million people got more back via EITC than they paid in FICA in 2009.

The EITC is the largest cash or near cash assistance program targeted at low-income families. TPC estimates that almost 26 million households will receive a total of $60 billion in reduced taxes and refunds in 2013 (Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center Microsimulation Model, version 0412-8).

The IRS also reports that more than three-fourths of eligible families claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit in 2009, a much higher take-up rate than that for Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (40 percent in 2005) or for SNAP (60 percent in 2005).

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/key-elements/family/eitc.cfm

Ok....so, 26M households will receive $60B in REDUCED Taxes and refunds.....OK.....we got the total number....what's the percentage that gets more than they pay in?

It was your....or rather ILA's claim.....you're just his bitch.

So once again you moved the goal posts and blame me for something someone else said? Spare me your homophobic slurs.

The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which went to 27.5 million low- and moderate-income working families in 2010.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3793

Back