Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was asking what factors you consider that the CoC doesn't.
"I" didn't consider any factors. I listed quality of life facts as determined by the Economist Intelligence Unit method and not some hack partisan criteria listed by Forbes or the CoC. If we got rid of the South the US would have the highest QOL of any nation on the planet. With the south we're only #13.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality-of-life_Index

That's true. I have received a fine education within driving distance of where I live and my job is 6 miles away. I can take my boy fishing in the morning and enjoy a community meal (every other Tuesday) at 11:30 wi his grandpa. I have time to hunt in October after I get off work. There are plenty of places for me to ride my horses and hunt my dogs. I have a 2500 sq. ft. home, two vehicles, three boats and a 25 ft. RV. There are a couple of motorcycles on my carport as well. I make in the neighborhood of 45K per year. I can't think of many places I could live and do as well. So, like SF said and I have repeated, we all have our preferences and priorities.
Well I agree but as I said earlier this is anecdotal evidence and we are measuring a region as a whole. Not to mention that you're QOL where you currently live may not be typical or representative of the population at large in your area. Just as my QOL would not be representative. Point being....as 3D pointed out. The differences in the cost of living between our two regions isn't that large a difference.

"I" didn't consider any factors. I listed quality of life facts as determined by the Economist Intelligence Unit method and not some hack partisan criteria listed by Forbes or the CoC. If we got rid of the South the US would have the highest QOL of any nation on the planet. With the south we're only #13.

lol.....it lists unemployment as one of the factors and is using 2005 data.....guess what's changed since 2005......

And AGAIN...where is the data on the states? Where are u getting your info from? Or did you just pull it out of your biased ass?

Well I agree but as I said earlier this is anecdotal evidence and we are measuring a region as a whole. Not to mention that you're QOL where you currently live may not be typical or representative of the population at large in your area. Just as my QOL would not be representative. Point being....as 3D pointed out. The differences in the cost of living between our two regions isn't that large a difference.

What 3d posted shows there is a large difference.

Again... U make a claim... Yet no data to back it up. What is the magical qol for each state and region of the USA?

Tell us what makes u think this qol is not legit over forbes???

57% of blacks in America live in the South. Would America be better off with less blacks? I'd say emphatically no. Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire are the three whitest states in America. I say we kick them out.

57% of blacks in America live in the South. Would America be better off with less blacks? I'd say emphatically no. Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire are the three whitest states in America. I say we kick them out.

I bet if the South left the USA there would be a whole lot of migration.

Right now there is a migration amongst blacks toward the South. Fuck if I know why.

Interesting, there are some attractive places, I have researched for retirement, low cost of living, beauty, golf, medical, low crime rate, things to do, taxes, water.

Yeah, I get so tired of seeing Northerners do this same thing. Haven't they got any pride or decency? How can you take a lifetime of elite, educated, Northern, patrician upbringing, and then throw it all a way by retiring down South?

Yeah, I get so tired of seeing Northerners do this same thing. Haven't they got any pride or decency? How can you take a lifetime of elite, educated, Northern, patrician upbringing, and then throw it all a way by retiring down South?

Lol, the cold gets to your old bones, someday you'll understand.

Back