Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was just yanking your chain WB. I know you're cool. ;)

Cultural bigot, let me ask you something,

Did Poland have a right to self determination when they seceded from the Soviet Union?

The soviets viewed the Poles in the exact same manner as you view the southerners, low class subservient troublemakers.

You .. if you were a southerner

Winterborn .. because he is a southerner.

The ironic thing is, I'm not even a southerner but I'm more southern than the football shirt with the widescreen is.

I'm sorry, but if you're not into football, then you are not the least bit Southern. What you are is the embodiment of those rich plantation owners that are often blamed for the whole affair of slavery and secession, because you are WAY out of touch!!

The lie about how you and Hopple used the term rednecks. You and him and the other one repeatedly used the term to describe your enemies in a derogatory fashion then you tried to backtrack and claim the term wasn't derogatory. Hopple is still using it in this manner.

Please at least be a man about it. Be a man and stop trying to worm out of it, it's no big deal. It's like using hillbilly to describe undesirable and low class ignorant people who are your enemies.

It's like calling a black person a nig*er in this fashion. It's a racial, ethnic smear.

Let's move on. The cat's been long out of the bag. All the liberals here know all the code words you progressives use to identify to whom you're referring.

Sorry, wrong yet again.

As I said, the slur was the word "ignorant". Redneck, in and of itself is not a bad thing.

Sorry, wrong yet again.

As I said, the slur was the word "ignorant". Redneck, in and of itself is not a bad thing.

Actually, the term redneck has both positive and negative connotations since forever....it was used in a Derogatory fashion in regards to indentured servants, who worked out in the sun all day...in some positive connotations....the rebels in the Whiskey Rebellion were called rednecks.....in the early 1900's in WV & NC the United Mine Workers had a strike and battle due to shitty pay and horrific working conditions against mine owners and the State militias(who.were basically hired henchmen back then)....they wore red bandannas and thus were also called rednecks.

But it seems to me that much like the "N" word, the term redneck is OK....as long as rednecks use it.....and Jeff Foxworthy.

Sorry, wrong again. I graduated cum laude from the University of Alabama.

I'd had you as a dead ringer for oozing out of one of two of the biggest left wing universities in the country, both breeding grounds for Marxism, both progressive indoctrination centers.

And both located in the south.

Junior, you don't know the first thing about being a southerner.

Answer me this since your fellow progressive took a powder on the question.

Did Poland have a right to self determination when they seceded from the Soviet Union?

Or this one.

Did India have a right to self determination when they seceded from the British Empire?

Or this one.

Did Ireland have a right to self determination when they seceded from the same empire?

Answer me this since your fellow progressive took a powder on the question.

Or this one.

Did India have a right to self determination when they seceded from the British Empire?

Or this one.

Did Ireland have a right to self determination when they seceded from the same empire?

did any of the mentioned nations ratify a constitution making them part of a newly formed nation? did they ratify said constitution by their own choice and did all of the citizens of the states that wanted to secede agree.

did the states that decided to secede from the nation they helped form by rebelling against the British empire to form a new nation that they became a part of by their own choice?

your comparisons fail

Sorry, wrong yet again.

To me it is. Ignorant Redneck is a redundant comment as being a redneck implies you are ignorant in the first place. I may be of humble rural origins but no fucking way am I a redneck! Not all rural folks are shitkickers.

To me it is. Ignorant Redneck is a redundant comment as being a redneck implies you are ignorant in the first place. I may be of humble rural origins but no $&@#% way am I a redneck! Not all rural folks are #%$&kickers.

Nope. Couldn't disagree more. I consider myself a redneck hillbilly. You know, kind of a redbilly or hillneck sort of a person. They describe my raisin' and way of life to a degree. They are both names one needn't be ashamed of. Now excuse me, I gotta go pick my okra. ;)

I'd had you as a dead ringer for oozing out of one of two of the biggest left wing universities in the country, both breeding grounds for Marxism, both progressive indoctrination centers.

And both located in the south.

Which is the other one? Apparently you've never heard of Cal-Berkeley if you believe there are greater breeding grounds for Marxism in the South.

Nope. Couldn't disagree more. I consider myself a redneck hillbilly. You know, kind of a redbilly or hillneck sort of a person. They describe my raisin' and way of life to a degree. They are both names one needn't be ashamed of. Now excuse me, I gotta go pick my okra. ;)
Sorry but I just don't concur. I see "redneck" as a caricature of rural folks and like all such stereotypes I reject it.

Okra! Oh, man, mouth watering! Pickled, fried, gumbo! I must remember to include it in my garden when I retire! Have some for me! Fresh off the vine has to be amazing!

Okra! Oh, man, mouth watering! Pickled, fried, gumbo! I must remember to include it in my garden when I retire! Have some for me! Fresh off the vine has to be amazing!

I have two rows. Getting about a gallon every two days. Been putting some up for the winter ... Mostly fried and pickled. Having a gumbo bash this Saturday for my nephew's birthday. My wife is from Kentucky and has become an okra fanatic since we got married and I moved her here. I'd bring ya some but it's a long drive to Alaska. :)

I have two rows. Getting about a gallon every two days. Been putting some up for the winter ... Mostly fried and pickled. Having a gumbo bash this Saturday for my nephew's birthday. My wife is from Kentucky and has become an okra fanatic since we got married and I moved her here. I'd bring ya some but it's a long drive to Alaska. :)
Would you like my wifes okra recipe? It's called pinakbet. If you like pickled okra you may like this.

I like fried okra and I like it in gumbo as a thickner......but in just about every other recipe I've tried it has a texture like snot.

Back