Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Applause!

Oh so he's talking about me?

You're one of "the folks" he's addressing. You're just a sweet old lady who's moderate mainstream and HE had to address YOU and appeal to your moderate mainstream demeanor.

He's sucking up to you vintage Jersey Shore because he thinks everything about you is just wonderful and even when you're wrong, you're still right because you're so well intended. We have to have a discourse with you and weed out all the extremists like myself.

Oh so he's talking about me?

You're one of "the folks" he's addressing. You're just a sweet old lady who's moderate mainstream and HE had to address YOU and appeal to your moderate mainstream demeanor.

He's sucking up to you vintage Jersey Shore because he thinks everything about you is just wonderful and even when you're wrong, you're still right because you're so well intended. We have to have a discourse with you and weed out all the extremists like myself.

It is called being civilized, now go out on your front porch and yell at neighbor children, because that is the image I have of you, Clint Eastwood on steroids!

It is called being civilized, now go out on your front porch and yell at neighbor children, because that is the image I have of you, Clint Eastwood on steroids!

You're a leftover feminist leftist from the sixties and you're as hateful as the day is long.

And you want total victory and you could care less about anybody else and what they want IF they disagree with you and your entire secular, progressive world view.

You're a leftover feminist leftist from the sixties and you're as hateful as the day is long.

And you want total victory and you could care less about anybody else and what they want IF they disagree with you and your entire secular, progressive world view.

Yes, I am just so hateful, lol

Tell me why you support union over people and their lives after you admit that you supported all the secession movements I brought up.

Then tell me if you think Quebec has a right to self determination in their efforts to secede from Canada.

Tell me if the Hawaiians have a right to self determination in their efforts to secede from the United States.

Neither Quebec nor Hawaii have the right to secede.

To me it is. Ignorant Redneck is a redundant comment as being a redneck implies you are ignorant in the first place. I may be of humble rural origins but no fucking way am I a redneck! Not all rural folks are shitkickers.

If you grew up in a rural area, like to hunt or fish, prefer jeans to a suit, and ever own a 4x4, you pretty much are a redneck.

I'd had you as a dead ringer for oozing out of one of two of the biggest left wing universities in the country, both breeding grounds for Marxism, both progressive indoctrination centers.

And both located in the south.

YOu think LSU is one of the biggest left wing universities in the country????

LMAO!! Berkley, NYU, Vandy, ......nah, I am not going to list schools more liberal than LSU. I'm not wasting an hour.

Answer me this since your fellow progressive took a powder on the question.

Did Poland have a right to self determination when they seceded from the Soviet Union?

Or this one.

Did India have a right to self determination when they seceded from the British Empire?

Or this one.

Did Ireland have a right to self determination when they seceded from the same empire?

Were any of those nations covered under the US Constitution?

No. The nations you listed were all independent nations who were then defeated and colonized.

If you grew up in a rural area, like to hunt or fish, prefer jeans to a suit, and ever own a 4x4, you pretty much are a redneck.

Does that automatically make one ignorant? I don't think so. Not everyone has to have a MBA or Law Degree and live in Manhattan, San Francisco or West Los Angeles with a high profile finance job and list art museums and the opera as their two favorite hobbies.

And I agree 100% with this definition. Now WB, I'm going to borrow this to make a point i was making earlier but Mr. rabbit failed to get. WB, me, Mott and 3D have been around here for a while. None of us agree 100% with each other on the issues. WB or me neither one are going to change Mott's or 3D's perception of the south. It just ain't gonna happen. But what good would it do to not have civil discourse about our differences and thus damage, perhaps permanently, any opportunity we might have for agreement in other areas? We have learned over the years to co-exist despite our differences on this site. I contend that this is what Americans need to do. Meanwhile WB and I will just watch our respective universities whip up on those Yankees. ;) OK, OK ... WB more than me here lately.

Does that automatically make one ignorant? I don't think so. Not everyone has to have a MBA or Law Degree and live in Manhattan, San Francisco or West Los Angeles with a high profile finance job and list art museums and the opera as their two favorite hobbies.

Being a redneck isn't inherently ignorant.

Neither Quebec nor Hawaii have the right to secede.
It's a moot point. No one said anything about the South having "The Right" to secede. The question is would America be better off if we let the south secede. I think the obvious answer is yes. Though to give the south it's due.....we'd be a more boring country without them.

You forgot, chew snuff, spit into an empty beer can, don't have the manners to take your hat off when inside and generally speaking have about a 3rd grade literacy level....then yeah.....you might be a redneck. Not all rural people are rednecks. Some of us are raised better than that.

Back