Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moot's just pissed because we here in NC make up one of the long, wide thirteen stripes of the US flag while Ohio only gets a single star in a field of, what, 57?

He's also reeling because we're "First in Flight" where the Wright brothers couldn't find adequate resources for their experiments in their shitty home state of Ohio.

LOL!

I do have a higher quality of life where I live now vs when I was living in the South.

LMAO... so? you are ONE person mutt. Show where the average quality of life where you live now is better than the South.

I live in a community that's two public high schools (Dublin, Jerome & Dublin, Coffman) that are rated as two of the best high schools in the nation (public or private). The median household income here is over $100,000/year (my household income is slightly below the median). We have some of the lowest violent and property crime rates in the nation. My quality of life is far higher than it was when I lived in the south and I earn nearly double what I did in the South doing the same damned job.

LMAO... so you are basing your idiocy on your life, not on any statistics for the NE vs. South on the whole?

Basically you are saying you live in an upper income area and thus you are superior. Got it.

Tell us about the quality of life in Detroit, Philly, DC, NYC, NJ, Pittsburgh etc... how does that compare?

As for the rest being being elitist bullshit.....you need to walk the talk. Go set up shop in Jackson, MS and come back and talk to me in a couple of years and tell me how much better the quality of life is there vs. Colorado.

Ok, I will go to Jackson, you go live in Detroit.

As for the four values I posted. If you don't believe the South lacks those than son you've either never been to the south for any length of time or your a damned fool or both.

LMAO... or it could just be as I stated. You are an elitist moron who is spouting off hateful rhetoric because it makes you feel superior.

The South will never rise again, they depend way too much on Federal money given to them via the wealthier New England states.

I do have a higher quality of life where I live now vs when I was living in the South. I live in a community that's two public high schools (Dublin, Jerome & Dublin, Coffman) that are rated as two of the best high schools in the nation (public or private). The median household income here is over $100,000/year (my household income is slightly below the median). We have some of the lowest violent and property crime rates in the nation. My quality of life is far higher than it was when I lived in the south and I earn nearly double what I did in the South doing the same damned job.

you didn't build that.....

LMAO... so? you are ONE person mutt. Show where the average quality of life where you live now is better than the South.

LMAO... so you are basing your idiocy on your life, not on any statistics for the NE vs. South on the whole?

Basically you are saying you live in an upper income area and thus you are superior. Got it.

Tell us about the quality of life in Detroit, Philly, DC, NYC, NJ, Pittsburgh etc... how does that compare?

Ok, I will go to Jackson, you go live in Detroit.

LMAO... or it could just be as I stated. You are an elitist moron who is spouting off hateful rhetoric because it makes you feel superior.

Pittsburgh is one of the country's most desirable cities to live. Obviously you still think it's a steel mill town.

News Flash!

Texas Secedes! Mexico Attacks!

Govt officials have confirmed that 1 minute after the Texas secession, Mexico has launched an attack across the Rio Grande intent on reclaiming land lost for over 150 years. American military and government will not defend Texas claiming, "It's easier, more productive and more profitable dealing with Mexicans than it is dealing with Texicans."

In other news... Georgia continues to send starving people back to Alabama saying, "When we finish the wall between Ga. and Ala. we won't have to carry the dead weight that is Alabama."

4 African countries continue to send aid to poverty stricken Alabama and Mississippi.

China builds 1st naval base in S. Carolina. Asked why S. Carolina would allow a foreign country to house their military there S. Carolina officials stated, "Yall ever heard of money? They pay, we profit, so what's the big deal, let the market sort it out. They may be small and look funny but at least they ain't black."

LOL, Ceesesh! LOL!

Pittsburgh is one of the country's most desirable cities to live. Obviously you still think it's a steel mill town.

No, I do not. My question was related to his bullshit on quality of life. I asked him to compare the quality of life in those cities (and state) to the south.

No, sometimes idiots (you) just spout the same bullshit that others (Mutt) have because they think it makes them look intelligent.

No, sometimes idiots (you) just claim inconvenient truths are not true because they cant handle the truth.

No, sometimes idiots (you) just claim inconvenient truths are not true because they cant handle the truth.

Right Garud... except one of us has explained the discrepancies, the other has just spouted a one liner in the hopes that others will think him clever. We both know which of us is which.

What's your excuse? Lol

I have explained my position. Garud has not. He has simply spouted Mutts original stupidity yet again.

Of the two regions, the Northeast would crumble first if left on its own. The south has food and an abundance of oil. The NE has little by comparison of either and would lose the majority of its financial assets if booted out of the remaining US.

http://www.eia.gov/state/

Yeah, those southern states would be in trouble... with the oil they would have on top of agricultural products and minerals.

Can't help but notice there aren't many states in the NE that are in the top half of energy production. Out of the bottom ten... 7 are in the NE (not counting DC in the bottom 10).

No, I do not. My question was related to his bullshit on quality of life. I asked him to compare the quality of life in those cities (and state) to the south.

I lived in Louisiana for about a year...hotter than hell, mosquitoes the size of hummingbirds....but they do know how to party down there.

I like the Western part of NC.....love moseying on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and I go to an Americana music festival in Wilkesboro every couple years...the people are nice there too. Spent some time in Asheville too...very progressive city....liked it a lot.

Yes, there are things to like about the South. I don't have a problem with it the way some do.

Back