Yes, Billy & Grind are locked up in a DEMOCRAT "re-education facility"

Gonna call my brother in the Dallas area today. Was texting with his wife yesterday. They have as much snow in their yard as we do!
Crazy, isn’t it. Some of our snow melted yesterday, but we still have some on the ground. My brother in Nebraska has been buried in snow and they have sub zero temperatures. I guess it could always be worse.

Something like this lets you know how vulnerable you really are, it was Katrina for me. Refrigerator still keeping stuff cold? Got water?
(Hmmmm ... thinking about my 'Refrigerator' comment ... I guess that's NOT a problem)

I was watching CNBC this morning, they were talking about 'spot traders' in Texas Electrical Grid making lots of money on this. Said something about 'those with electricity can expect a huge Electric Bill'.
We have a swimming pool, so water is not an issue, freezing pool equipment is an issue. It’s raining right now, that’s going to make the roads an issue. Glad I can stay in. Yeah keeping things cold is not a problem.

Mmmm ... still doesn't 'un-freeze' you. :(
You know, you're a 1,000 miles away, what can you do?
No, I guess it’s a girl thing, we like support, even if it’s not the monetary or physical kind. It bolsters us to know others care.

We have a swimming pool, so water is not an issue, freezing pool equipment is an issue. It’s raining right now, that’s going to make the roads an issue. Glad I can stay in. Yeah keeping things cold is not a problem.

Swimming Pool water is GREAT ... except you can't drink it. :(

People from up North tell me how beautiful the freshly fallen snow is ... until a few days later when it turns into a dirty slush.
Also, they say you have to 'shovel your sidewalk or you'll get a Fine'. I'm guessing THAT is not an issue in Houston.

Yeah. That's Jack's Motto: 'When it's Cold, Stay Inside'.

Crazy, isn’t it. Some of our snow melted yesterday, but we still have some on the ground. My brother in Nebraska has been buried in snow and they have sub zero temperatures. I guess it could always be worse.

Hard to imagine how though, eh? My youngest has been off for President's Day and now snow days. She's not sad about that. lol

People from up North tell me how beautiful the freshly fallen snow is ... until a few days later when it turns into a dirty slush.
Also, they say you have to 'shovel your sidewalk or you'll get a Fine'. I'm guessing THAT is not an issue in Houston.

Melting snow is horrid. Here it starts to melt by spring (usually April). But it refreezes at night. This is called "ice season." Finally, it's all gone. This is called "mud season." Then the leaves finally come out, around the last week of May or maybe the first week of June. This is called spring. Then the tourists start swarming in. This is called "summer people season." Then there's the 2-3 weeks when the leaves change. We call this "fall." Then it's winter again. lol

No, I guess it’s a girl thing, we like support, even if it’s not the monetary or physical kind. It bolsters us to know others care.

(sigh) Yes. I've often thought to ask Owl if her Husband still beats her for picking that House with the Massive Window Wall. :(
I see them both wrapped in Polar Bear furs, arguing over who's turn it is to get the Firewood.

I do wish she would fling the Drapes open and show us the View. (Probably have to do this when Hubby leaves to get the Firewood) :(

Melting snow is horrid. Here it starts to melt by spring (usually April). But it refreezes at night. This is called "ice season." Finally, it's all gone. This is called "mud season." Then the leaves finally come out, around the last week of May or maybe the first week of June. This is called spring. Then the tourists start swarming in. This is called "summer people season." Then there's the 2-3 weeks when the leaves change. We call this "fall." Then it's winter again. lol
We called it “breakup” in Alaska.

Not much we can do but listen while they relate their experiences. People love talking about themselves, eh?

Hmmm ... I don't know. If your Power is off, I'm not sure reliving your experience of 'being miserable' would be something I would want to talk about?
Maybe after a week or 2 and things are back to normal, maybe then. (?)

:) That's funny. (except for the Tourists)

You can use it in an absolute emergency, you use carbon filters to purify it first, like the kind we used to backpack in Alaska. I’d use the water out of my toilet tank first if I were desperate. We always fill the bathtubs during hurricanes.

(sigh) Yes. I've often thought to ask Owl if her Husband still beats her for picking that House with the Massive Window Wall. :(
I see them both wrapped in Polar Bear furs, arguing over who's turn it is to get the Firewood.

I do wish she would fling the Drapes open and show us the View. (Probably have to do this when Hubby leaves to get the Firewood) :(

Here you go. Just took this a couple minutes ago.

xfd4HSY.jpg

That's ice out there.

You can use it in an absolute emergency, you use carbon filters to purify it first, like the kind we used to backpack in Alaska. I’d use the water out of my toilet tank first if I were desperate. We always fill the bathtubs during hurricanes.

Yeah. I'm a Believer in filling up the Bathtub and 'Mop Sink' (Laundry Tub) with Fresh Water, along with water in the Fridge. (Uh ... toilet tank ... Praise Jesus and Thank God ... I haven't gotten THAT thirsty!)

Back