2016 College Football

A wins a win and Meyer's team tend to struggle in bad weather for some reason. Lord knows they get plenty of opportunity to practice in it so what's up with that?

Looks like OSU can make it into the playoff. To do so they obviously have to beat Michigan and hope that Washington loses a game. If Washington wins out then OSU is toast and the playoff will be;

#1. SEC Champ.
#2. ACC Champ.
#3. Big 10 Champ.
#4. Pac 10 Champ.

Michigan and Washington can make their job a lot easier by winning out. Ohio State and Alabama can make things a lot more difficult by OSU beating Mich and Alabama losing the SEC Championship game. A lot of football left to be played. No telling for sure what will happen. I'll root for my Buckeyes if they beat Michigan and get selected but I won't cry if they don't get selected.

If OSU beats Michigan, does that place you on the road to the conference game, or is PSU in the driver's seat?

A wins a win and Meyer's team tend to struggle in bad weather for some reason. Lord knows they get plenty of opportunity to practice in it so what's up with that?

Looks like OSU can make it into the playoff. To do so they obviously have to beat Michigan and hope that Washington loses a game. If Washington wins out then OSU is toast and the playoff will be;

#1. SEC Champ.
#2. ACC Champ.
#3. Big 10 Champ.
#4. Pac 10 Champ.

Michigan and Washington can make their job a lot easier by winning out. Ohio State and Alabama can make things a lot more difficult by OSU beating Mich and Alabama losing the SEC Championship game. A lot of football left to be played. No telling for sure what will happen. I'll root for my Buckeyes if they beat Michigan and get selected but I won't cry if they don't get selected.

I wouldn't bet the farm on Alabama losing to Florida in the SEC Championship.

I agree that a win is a win, to a point. Obviously, a win over Ohio State carries more weight than a win over Kent State. And if the playoffs are about conference champions, then make that part of the rules. Otherwise, I want to see the best teams in a playoff for the championship.

I certainly don't care to see Penn State play in the tournament and then hear from all the OSU fans saying "We should have been the National Champs!" like I have heard since January. (present company excepted)

If OSU beats Michigan, does that place you on the road to the conference game, or is PSU in the driver's seat?
It works like this. If Mich beast OSU, it's all over for OSU and PSU. They'll be out of the conference championship game and the playoff.

If OSU Beats Mich then Mich is out. If OSU beats Mich and PSU loses to MSU, than OSU goes to the conference championship game. If OSU beats Mich and PSU beats MSU, then MSU goes to the conference championship game. OSU's best hope is to Beat Mich and for MSU to beat PSU. Failing that If either Wash or Clemson loses a game OSU stands a good shot at being chosen due to their resume. If both win their conference OSU is screwed. The committee will chose a two loss team over a 1 loss OSU if that teams an SEC, ACC, Big10 or Pac 12 conference champion.

I wouldn't bet the farm on Alabama losing to Florida in the SEC Championship.

I agree that a win is a win, to a point. Obviously, a win over Ohio State carries more weight than a win over Kent State. And if the playoffs are about conference champions, then make that part of the rules. Otherwise, I want to see the best teams in a playoff for the championship.

I certainly don't care to see Penn State play in the tournament and then hear from all the OSU fans saying "We should have been the National Champs!" like I have heard since January. (present company excepted)
Again, I don't. Because that means qualifying "Who is the best team" by subjective standards. A team should have to win their conference to earn the privilege of representing their conference/region in the college play off.

Well, it looks like the BIG10 Champion won't be in the playoffs.
That depends. If PSU wins then they will be in the playoff. If Wisconsin wins then life becomes a little harder for the playoff committee but I"m at peace with the Buckeyes not being invited. We didn't win our division so we didn't earn it.

We'll have a better idea of where the Playoff Committee is leaning later tonight. If OSU remains at #2 then they're in the playoff if Wisconsin wins the B10CG. If they're ranked lower than #2 then they need either Clemson or Washington to lose in their Conference Championship game. If Clemson, Washington and PSU win out, the OSU is out.

My guess is that tonights rankings will be;

#1. Alabama
#2. Clemson
#3. OSU
#4. Washington.

The committee should move WA up to #3 so that it can safely stash either OSU or PSU at #4 without controversy. After all, how do you make OSU either #3 or not in the playoff?

That depends. If PSU wins then they will be in the playoff. If Wisconsin wins then life becomes a little harder for the playoff committee but I"m at peace with the Buckeyes not being invited. We didn't win our division so we didn't earn it.

I don't see it. A one loss OSU will make it before a two loss Penn State.

If Penn State, Washington, AND Clemson all win their conference championship games, the list will be as follows:

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Clemson
#3 - Ohio State
#4 - Washington

I think #2 and #3 can be interchanged, if needed. But I think this is the list.

Now what gets interesting is if Clemson and Washington lose their conference championship games.

There is the potential (however farfetched) for there to be 3 teams from the BIG 10 in the 4 team playoff.

I am tempted to root for PSU, just to make the committee's job harder, but I like Wisconsin. My best friend just moved back to Milwaukee, so I know quite a few people out there who will be pulling for them.

From what I've been reading OSU pretty much has a playoff spot locked up. Clemson would need to lose for another BIG10 team to have a shot at getting in.

Back