Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

You are just speculating.

No, that's exactly how you turn over firearms from one watch section to the next. Law enforcement is no different. It might be different with units in actual combat areas, I don't know on that, but the peacetime norm is exactly as described.

No, that's exactly how you turn over firearms from one watch section to the next. Law enforcement is no different. It might be different with units in actual combat areas, I don't know on that, but the peacetime norm is exactly as described.

See my post above. Apparently it had live rounds.

See my post above. Apparently it had live rounds.

Okay. Then it's still Baldwin's fault in part for not checking the status of the firearm he was handed. I'd assume it was a revolver being a western movie of some sort. You release the cylinder, and inspect the load. Either pull and check each round, reinserting it, or by looking at the front of the cylinder. You can tell blanks from live ammo either way. Relock the cylinder in place and put the safety on if the gun has one. I don't know what their protocol for having an empty chamber under the hammer is. That is, sometimes you are supposed to have leave the chamber under the hammer empty for extra safety. After all, the cylinder rotates when you cock or pull the trigger (depending on single- or double-action) so you get a round under the hammer when you go to fire. This just leaves you one round short (5 instead of 6 normally).

How many experienced Hollywood armorers live in New Mexico?

When production companies get pressured by the state to use all local people (as is common) is it then the state that becomes responsible for disasters such as this?

Okay. Then it's still Baldwin's fault in part for not checking the status of the firearm he was handed. I'd assume it was a revolver being a western movie of some sort. You release the cylinder, and inspect the load. Either pull and check each round, reinserting it, or by looking at the front of the cylinder. You can tell blanks from live ammo either way. Relock the cylinder in place and put the safety on if the gun has one. I don't know what their protocol for having an empty chamber under the hammer is. That is, sometimes you are supposed to have leave the chamber under the hammer empty for extra safety. After all, the cylinder rotates when you cock or pull the trigger (depending on single- or double-action) so you get a round under the hammer when you go to fire. This just leaves you one round short (5 instead of 6 normally).

Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

So the assistant director didn't check after the prop people checked it?

So ultimately who is to be blamed?

Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

So the assistant director didn't check after the prop people checked it?

So ultimately who is to be blamed?

Baldwin first. The person with the weapon in hand has ultimate responsibility for its safe use. The assistant director and prop people bear less blame, but are to a degree responsible too as they didn't check the weapon's status as it moved from one person to the next.

My understanding is that this was a budget film so the people bankrolling it were cutting corners left and right to keep costs down.

I think they did a deal with the state, which mandated local people be used.....but ya....lack of money is clearly part of the problem here. I am reminded of the Argentinian sub disaster, where all were lost in large part because everything was done on the cheap. I said then that Argentina was responsible at the top of the food chain, because any country that cant/wont spend enough to operate and rebuild subs correctly should not be doing it at all. If the production company was not willing or able to get together enough money to make this movie safely then they should not have made it at all. Also the state should not have allowed them to make it. Where the fuck was the state here?

You assume he had the expertise. He had people to do that. Blaming him is Bullshit.

Baldwin first. The person with the weapon in hand has ultimate responsibility for its safe use. The assistant director and prop people bear less blame, but are to a degree responsible too as they didn't check the weapon's status as it moved from one person to the next.

A dad gives his teenager son a loaded gun thinking it's safe. It ends up with a dead person. Who's to be blamed?

A dad gives his teenager son a loaded gun thinking it's safe. It ends up with a dead person. Who's to be blamed?

Both. The teen should have known to check the firearm's condition and use it in a safe manner. The dad should have checked the firearm and known how to use it in a safe manner. The dad should also have ensured the son learned correctly how to do that.

He shouldn't be relying on "people" to do that. Some things require personal responsibility. Handling a firearm is one of those.

On a movie set, the armorer takes personal responsibility. It is actually illegal in California for an actor to try to rearrange the gun, like you seem to want.

Someone who is a firearms prop guy would be very into firearms. Given that it happened in New Mexico, and we are talking about a gun enthusiast, it is more likely it was a right wing moron.

Asshole Baldwin is a fucking dim wit. The lady he killed wasn't an actor. I'm sorry she dead but I am not sad he will have to live with her death in his hands. He's a fucking scum bag. Karma is a fucking bitch

Back