Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

You are sometimes what you call other posters... "stupid."

"The whelp of a beaten cur."

You can always feel free to bring such a thing to my attention....maybe we would figure out together which one of us is the most wrong.

Civilized people do do that.

We have watched the far left loons shuck and jive about their favorite liberal Hollywood actor who hates guns and the Second Amendment, for hours now.

He pointed a gun at a person and the person died and another was wounded.

Spin that!

You can always feel free to bring such a thing to my attention....maybe we would figure out together which one of us is the most wrong.

Civilized people do do that.

I don't need your permission to do anything.

You were wrong and I have dismissed you.

Take a hike, pendejo.

We have watched the far left loons shuck and jive about their favorite liberal Hollywood actor who hates guns and the Second Amendment, for hours now.

He pointed a gun at a person and the person died and another was wounded.

Spin that!

You can spin all you want but it won't change anything.

Thank you for agreeing that he wasn't responsible. :thumbsup:

More than likely he didn't pull the trigger. It was just a misfire. He pulled it out of his holster during rehearsal and nothing happened.
I never suggested he wasn't responsible to make positive the gun did not contain a live round. Or possibly a squib round followed by a blank.

no, the question is why the fuck was he pointing it at a human being ?

It really doesn't take that much imagination to see why!!

WHY WOULD THE GUN HAVE BEEN POINTING AT THE CINEMATOGRAPHER?

We don’t know what happened on the set of “Rust,” but it is fairly common to have a gun pointed at the camera, and by extension the cinematographer, to get a certain angle.

“We’ve all seen the very famous shots in films where you get that dramatic effect of a gun being pointed at you, the audience, and of course, it’s being pointed towards the camera,” explained Steven Hall, a veteran second unit director and cinematographer who has worked on films like “Fury” and “Thor: The Dark World.” “To minimize that, one would put a remote camera in that place, or at least if someone does have to operate the camera, I’m normally protected by safety goggles, a safety visor and often a PERSPEX screen that withstands pretty much anything. Obviously, it wouldn’t withstand a real shot from a gun, but it would certainly withstand a blank.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/explainer-guns-movie-sets-work-80732360

We don’t know what happened on the set of “Rust,” but it is fairly common to have a gun pointed at the camera, and by extension the cinematographer, to get a certain angle.

“We’ve all seen the very famous shots in films where you get that dramatic effect of a gun being pointed at you, the audience, and of course, it’s being pointed towards the camera,” explained Steven Hall, a veteran second unit director and cinematographer who has worked on films like “Fury” and “Thor: The Dark World.” “To minimize that, one would put a remote camera in that place, or at least if someone does have to operate the camera, I’m normally protected by safety goggles, a safety visor and often a PERSPEX screen that withstands pretty much anything. Obviously, it wouldn’t withstand a real shot from a gun, but it would certainly withstand a blank.”

You've essentially just gave Alec the best defense like others. Better call his lawyer.

WHOOPS

He further explained that Hollywood propmasters will “only put the amount of blanks into the gun that are meant to be shot in the scene... They’re pretty strict, they’ll always yell out, ‘Gun is hot!’ before they hand it over to the actor.”

Bays said the Rust shoot was “lower budget” and used a local crew that didn’t include any of his union members. There are only two major armorers in Los Angeles that provide modified prop guns for the entire country, he said, and “a proper round would not work in any of those guns.”

“I don’t know where this gun could’ve come from, if it came from a private owner and wasn’t fitted for entertainment weaponry?” Bays said. “That’s a possibility, but I have no clue.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-...ental-shooting-of-halyna-hutchins-on-rust-set

Baldwin is the producer and hired non union ....Baldwin is 100% at fault here

Baldwin hired non union gun handlers because union gun handlers were threatening a strike and Baldwin didn’t want to delay production. So he hired scabs instead.

Of course you'll never understand why so many film makers refuse to work in Hollywood but use Vancouver, Czech Republic, Italy, England, New Mexico or indeed Mexico instead. Clint Eastwood did his spaghetti westerns in Spain they wouldn't have been made in Hollywood because of the cost.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/explainer-guns-movie-sets-work-80732360

I'd think in those cases, it would be unloaded most of the time. No need for the shot to have a loaded firearm unless there was some very specific reason for it...

Back