Atheists more Intelligent

On the other hand, I acknowledge your tacit admission that philosophical, theological, religious, and ethical modes of inquiry are valid traditional avenues to human knowlege. -- that there are certain questions about life and reality that empirical observation and particle accelerators cannot answer.

Personally, I try I try to acquire knowledge and wisdom by experiencing and respecting scientific, philosophical, artistic, religious, and ethical traditions. You would be amazed at the extent to which quantum mechanics, metaphysics, theology can intersect.

He's young and stupid. Don't take it personal. I do believe he's smart enough to be salvageable but it's really up to him and his life choices from here.

He's young and stupid. Don't take it personal. I do believe he's smart enough to be salvageable but it's really up to him and his life choices from here.

I do not think he is stupid.

Just appears to be emotionally hostile to any knowledge or wisdom which does not come from physics, chemistry, biology.

And I am actually firmly two feet planted in the scientific method. It took me years to become humble about other modes of human knowlege.

I do not think he is stupid.

Just appears to be emotionally hostile to any knowledge or wisdom which does not come from physics, chemistry, biology.

And I am actually firmly two feet planted in the scientific method. It took me years to become humble about other modes of human knowlege.

Agreed. I should have said either acting stupid or ignorant.

Because he's young, arrogant and ignorant. Always a bad combination.

There are two kinds of people on this forum. One discusses ideas. The other discusses those who discuss ideas. Cypress and DutchUncle are gossiping trolls.

There are two kinds of people on this forum. One discusses ideas. The other discusses those who discuss ideas. Cypress and DutchUncle are gossiping trolls.

ROFLMAO. I love irony.

Meanwhile, for those who want to discuss ideas, the studies didn't say atheists. A person can be a theist or believe in the supernatural without believing in a specific religion.

That is a really weird claim.

No fair minded person on this board would think I am a gossip.

I would be amazed if you found any thread started by me in the War Zone, or more than a handful of my posts there.

I checked the last 10 threads I authored and the topics include: Kamala Harris and Religion, famous battles of world history, COVID, dark matter, exoplanets, politics in Russia and Belarus, great philosophical thinkers, national political polls.

I will attempt to meet your demanding standards to post on more substantive and meaningful topics.

There's a third type. Those who make wild assed claims then resort to ad hominem and vulgar insults the second you question their dubious, unfounded, and unsourced claims.

Two types. One discusses ideas. The other discusses those people.

Take it from me, unfounded and unsourced claims, libel, smears is par for the course on this message board.

To your credit, you at least feign an interest in obscure and esoteric topics concerning human intellectual history. Almost nobody on this forum would have the slightest interest in David Hume or Immanuel Kant.

Take it from me, unfounded and unsourced claims, libel, smears is par for the course on this message board.

To your credit, you at least feign an interest in obscure and esoteric topics concerning human intellectual history. Almost nobody on this forum would have the slightest interest in David Hume or Immanuel Kant.

he's a fucking moron.

Awww, I was starting to agree with you then you turned into an angry atheist again. Sad.

The "divinity" part is a matter of faith. I see no reason to "disbelieve" the other parts anymore than disbelieving any other ancient writings.

Why is it that you people always call us "angry" when we express rational thought? Is that just your self-defense mechanism to avoid critical thinking?

Why is it that you people always call us "angry" when we express rational thought? Is that just your self-defense mechanism to avoid critical thinking?

Absolutely. Notice how critical thinking is the biggest enemy of the religious. They pretend to engage you in discussion but it's always about converting you.

I accept the bible as a historical work that explains plenty about the culture of the time in which it was written. I reject its claims with respect to the divinity of christ, or anyone else, as any person with a working frontal lobe should.

Unless you literally believe Aesop's Fables are non-fiction?
Awww, I was starting to agree with you then you turned into an angry atheist again. Sad.

The "divinity" part is a matter of faith. I see no reason to "disbelieve" the other parts anymore than disbelieving any other ancient writings.

Who are "you people"? Dude, claiming someone doesn't have a working frontal lobe unless they agree with you isn't rational thought.

A person can have excellent critical thinking skills and still have faith in things unproved or lack evidence of existence.

There's a third type. Those who make wild assed claims then resort to ad hominem and vulgar insults the second you question their dubious, unfounded, and unsourced claims.

True. Most of them are either young and ignorant or old and stupid. Sometimes it's hard to figure out who is who. I know it's hard to believe, but some people are pretty dishonest on the Internet!

Best way, IMO, to figure out what they are is to study their posting style and focus.

Who are "you people"? Dude, claiming someone doesn't have a working frontal lobe unless they agree with you isn't rational thought.

A person can have excellent critical thinking skills and still have faith in things unproved or lack evidence of existence.

Can they, though? There's a very good reason Trump has a 90% approval rating among evangelicals.

Can they, though? There's a very good reason Trump has a 90% approval rating among evangelicals.

Yes. Why do you focus on the Evangelicals in particular and why do you think 90% of them support Trump? Are there any members of this forum you consider to be an Evangelical?

Back