Atheists more Intelligent

"No you don't for classes that are a survey course, not a literature course."

you're an idiot. not interested
Note that, for someone who claims to have not one but two Master's degrees, he doesn't know how to quote a post.

Besides ignorance, the other possibility of why he does it that way is to be deceitful. He might be intelligent enough to recognize that if he quotes it properly, then his response would trigger an alert to the person he's quoting resulting in a response he knows he won't like.

Note his usual ad hominem debating technique. This thread alone has dozens of such attacks despite the person he's attacking not doing it to him first.

Is this what Atheists like jackson claim as being "intelligent"?

I think Jackson has had some adult education, but, IMO, dropped out as evidenced by his inability to display that adult education through his posts.

A typical jacksonsprat22 post:

This thread has dozens of posts by him similar to this one.

Almost all of his posts to me are filled with juvenile insults like: fucking moron, idiot, troll. He is one angry dude.

For someone who claims to have a masters degree in philosophy, I really have not seen him write anything insightful, thorough, and well thought out about philisophy. Every post I have seen is either dedicated to insults, monosyllabic grunts, or simplistic and cursory sound bites.

Almost all of his posts to me are filled with juvenile insults like: fucking moron, idiot, troll. He is one angry dude.

For someone who claims to have a masters degree in philosophy, I really have not seen him write anything insightful, thorough, and well thought out about philisophy. Every post I have seen is either dedicated to insults, monosyllabic grunts, or simplistic and cursory sound bites.

You're not the only one. He's more likely to respond with an insult to a disagreement than a countering fact. I posted examples yesterday while searching for his comment about expert resources.

This kid doesn't even have a college degree much less two Master's degrees. If he does, then like Steven having an IQ of 147, it means that something has happened to his brain since those days.

Disease, tumor, TBI and mental illness would all account for the difference between a person with higher education and/or a high IQ and a person who acts like an angst-filled teenager pissed at the world.

I said Calvinists and fundamentalists are responsible for lower educational achievements like shitty Christian colleges and creation science museums et al

so you fucked up twice......first when you didn't say "Calvinists and fundamentalists".......and second, when you lied and said you did.......this conversation began when you complained about Protestant fundamentalists and blamed what they believe on Calvin.......that's when I realized you were a stupid fuck.....

so you fucked up twice......first when you didn't say "Calvinists and fundamentalists".......and second, when you lied and said you did.......this conversation began when you complained about Protestant fundamentalists and blamed what they believe on Calvin.......that's when I realized you were a stupid fuck.....

Calvinism includes the predominant strain of American Christian fundamentalistiam. I am aware there are strains of fundamentalist Protestantism outside the Calvinist tradition.

You're not the only one. He's more likely to respond with an insult to a disagreement than a countering fact. I posted examples yesterday while searching for his comment about expert resources.

This kid doesn't even have a college degree much less two Master's degrees. If he does, then like Steven having an IQ of 147, it means that something has happened to his brain since those days.

Disease, tumor, TBI and mental illness would all account for the difference between a person with higher education and/or a high IQ and a person who acts like an angst-filled teenager pissed at the world.
There are some good, reasoned arguments to be made for atheism. I believe you and I have broached some of them.

>> https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?139501-The-physics-of-God&p=3616963#post3616963

It is unfortunate that anti-Christian jihadists who posture as aetheists cannot make principled and thoughtful arguments for atheism themselves. Their only argument appears to be "Christianity = evil"

Calvinism includes the predominant strain of American Christian fundamentalistiam. I am aware there are strains of fundamentalist Protestantism outside the Calvinist tradition.

Calvinism has nothing to do with fundamentalism........anyone who pretends they think so knows nothing at all about religion.....sorry, its that simple........

Calvinism has nothing to do with fundamentalism........anyone who pretends they think so knows nothing at all about religion.....sorry, its that simple........
I said Calvinists and fundamentalists in recognition that not all Calvinist traditions are extremists, aka the Presbyterians - and more importantly I made that distinction since I explicitly was making the point that the Calvinist tradition and the fundies focus on salvation more so than the higher education and contemplation valued by the Jesuits, Franciscans, Catholic theologians.

You can attempt to parse my words with a fine toothed comb, but the last person in this thread to call me a liar ended up with egg on his face:

> https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...heists-more-Intelligent&p=3876711#post3876711

The facts demonstrate that atheists and agnostics are better educated than Protestant fundamentalists.

I blame it on Calvin's focus on personal salvation over education and contemplation. While there are always exceptions, the higher educational achivement of Protestant fundamentalists lags substantially behind other religious traditions and agnostics

IThe Calvinists and fundamentalists lag on higher education, their claim to fame may be Jerry Falwell's Liberty University and the Creation Science Museum.

better start sucking that eggy face of yours......

Last edited:
There are some good, reasoned arguments to be made for atheism. I believe you and I have broached some of them.

>> https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?139501-The-physics-of-God&p=3616963#post3616963

It is unfortunate that anti-Christian jihadists who posture as aetheists cannot make principled and thoughtful arguments for atheism themselves. Their only argument appears to be "Christianity = evil"

Agreed on atheism. As with theism, it's always good for discussion but ultimately all are unprovable.

As for the "anti-Christian jihadists", they are mostly young white males. Eventually most grow out of it.

WTF are you talking about?

The quotes below. Are you really confused or are you just dodging?

More Christian love, I see.
I love how our Christians on the thread are the most vile hatemongers.
Do you think parents forcing children to attend school or learn an instrument are not loving their children too?
Why do either of you think a parent "forcing" their child to go to Sunday school is any different than them "forcing" children to do chores or study in school?

"Why do either of you think a parent "forcing" their child to go to Sunday school is any different than them "forcing" children to do chores or study in school? "

It is illegal to not send your child to school. It is not illegal to not send your child to Sunday school.

better start sucking that eggy face of yours......

John Calvin is history's most important theologian in the Reformed Protestant tradition and was also extremely influential to the Puritan, Baptist, Congregationalist traditions.

Which is precisely why I have a posting record here speaking to Calvinism, fundamentalism, and Reformed Protestantism as generally the main sources of biblical literalism and ignorance in world Christianity since the Reformation.

You are really combing through my posts with a fine toothed comb in a flaccid attempt at a "gotcha" pyhric victory.

For somebody who claims to be a Christian, it seems like you are not really very familiar with the history of Christianity and Christian theology.

John Calvin is history's most important theologian in the Reformed Protestant tradition and was also extremely influential to the Puritan, Baptist, Congregationalist traditions.

Which is precisely why I have a posting record here speaking to Calvinism, fundamentalism, and Reformed Protestantism as generally the main sources of biblical literalism and ignorance in world Christianity since the Reformation.

You are really combing through my posts with a fine toothed comb in a flaccid attempt at a "gotcha" pyhric victory.

For somebody who claims to be a Christian, it seems like you are not really very familiar with the history of Christianity and Christian theology.
I agree that Calvin is the most important theologian in the Reformed tradition.......however the only way he is influential to Baptists is as a target..........there is a small denomination that calls itself Reformed Baptists and use some of his theology.......they were thrown out of the Baptist Church......

I agree you have a posting record regarding theology......a record of being consistently wrong......I have a Masters in Theology.......actually from one of those Calvinist universities you claim doesn't exist.......I would say I am more familiar with Christian theology and particularly Calvin's theology than you are......I would say that because of all the mistakes you make about it......

I agree that Calvin is the most important theologian in the Reformed tradition.......however the only way he is influential to Baptists is as a target..........there is a small denomination that calls itself Reformed Baptists and use some of his theology.......they were thrown out of the Baptist Church......

I agree you have a posting record regarding theology......a record of being consistently wrong......I have a Masters in Theology.......actually from one of those Calvinist universities you claim doesn't exist.......I would say I am more familiar with Christian theology and particularly Calvin's theology than you are......I would say that because of all the mistakes you make about it......
Based on your foul mouthed posting style here, you are the exact opposite of a pious Christian.

Now you are the one who is lying. Lying does not sound very Christian. I never said there were no Protestant universities from the Calvinist tradition.

You will not find a single post from me saying that. You simply chose to knowingly and falsely ascribe that claim to me.

I made the explicit point that USA has private Protestant universities. I even called out Syracuse as an example. What I actually stated is that, in general, Protestant attempts at higher education via universities generally does not compare well with the Catholic tradition of universities and higher education. I mean let's face it: the University is a Catholic invention going back to the High Middle Ages.

Based on your foul mouthed posting style here, you are the exact opposite of a pious Christian.

You will not find a single post from me saying that. You simply chose to knowingly and falsely ascribe that claim to me.

I made the explicit point that USA has private Protestant universities. I even called out Syracuse as an example. What I actually stated is that, in general, Protestant attempts at higher education via universities generally does not compare well with the Catholic tradition of universities and higher education. I mean let's face it: the University is a Catholic invention going back to the High Middle Ages.

thanks for not contesting anything I posted.......our gratuitous attack on my religious beliefs is noted as your only remaining argument........

Now you are the one who is lying. Lying does not sound very Christian. I never said there were no Protestant universities from the Calvinist tradition.
really, because here you are saying the only Calvinist universities are a couple of Baptist institutions.......
Yes, there are a few mid-tier Protestant universities in USA (aka, Syracuse), but I believe they are mostly associated with the Lutheran, Methodist, Anglican Protestant tradition. The Calvinists and fundamentalists lag on higher education, their claim to fame may be Jerry Falwell's Liberty University and the Creation Science Museum.

so what sort of egg IS that on your face anyway........it seems you are having difficulty getting any of it off.....

by the way, when considering Reformed heritage universities, you might want to keep in mind the Free University of Amsterdam, founded by Abraham Kuyper in 1880 before he was the prime minister of the Netherlands......it is ranked among the top 150 universities in the world......

by the way, when considering Reformed heritage universities, you might want to keep in mind the Free University of Amsterdam, founded by Abraham Kuyper in 1880 before he was the prime minister of the Netherlands......it is ranked among the top 150 universities in the world......

So you tacitly admit you lied when you claimed I said the Reformed Protestant and fundie Christian traditions do not establish colleges and universities.
PMP:...."actually from one of those Calvinist universities you claim doesn't exist..."

Back