Atheists more Intelligent

why would I do that after proving you did?......(by the way, I just corrected your second lie on the same subject)......

The thing is, I know you do not actually believe that I was somehow unaware that there are private colleges in USA in the Lutheran, Reformed Protestant, and fundy tradition.

So your claims that I was supposedly lying does not effect me in the least.

If you were genuinely interested in asking me to elaborate and expand on my understanding of the educational and contemplative priorities of different Christian traditions, I laid it out in post 896 https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...heists-more-Intelligent&p=3877443#post3877443

You obviously lurk my posts, find them interesting, and read them with a fine toothed comb. I guess I appreciate knowing my intellectual endeavors here do not go to waste and inspire interest.

But I hate to tell you, unless I am responding to your replies to me, I almost never read anything you write. You are way to boring and foul mouthed for me to spend time on

The quotes below. Are you really confused or are you just dodging?

Why do either of you think a parent "forcing" their child to go to Sunday school is any different than them "forcing" children to do chores or study in school?

Last I checked, teaching a child piano or the value of work is not teaching them to "accept Jesus" or they'll burn in hell.

Something something, "jerome, don't blame christianity for your own shitty upbringing."

Dude. This is what MOST Christians teach children. That's just a fact.

Last I checked, teaching a child piano or the value of work is not teaching them to "accept Jesus" or they'll burn in hell.

Something something, "jerome, don't blame christianity for your own shitty upbringing."

Dude. This is what MOST Christians teach children. That's just a fact.
Of course teaching a child piano isn't teaching them to "accept Jesus" any more than it is teaching them track, math or shop. Why would you assume it was the same?

You seem upset. Is your day going okay?

Of course teaching a child piano isn't teaching them to "accept Jesus" any more than it is teaching them track, math or shop. Why would you assume it was the same?

You seem upset. Is your day going okay?

Are you purposefully obtuse, or did you forget to read the portion of my post about teaching children about everlasting hellfire?

That's child abuse. Plain and simple.

Teaching children work ethic and hobbies is not abuse.

It's really that simple. Are YOU okay? Are you smelling burnt toast?

The thing is, I know you do not actually believe that I was somehow unaware that there are private colleges in USA in the Lutheran, Reformed Protestant, and fundy tradition.

stop dodging your lie. fuckwit......you specifically said there weren't any CALVINIST universities other than Liberty University and the Creation Museum, neither of which are Calvinist.....that leaves none........you fucked up......admit and stop looking like a thrice made fool.......

Are you purposefully obtuse, or did you forget to read the portion of my post about teaching children about everlasting hellfire?

That's child abuse. Plain and simple.

Teaching children work ethic and hobbies is not abuse.

It's really that simple. Are YOU okay? Are you smelling burnt toast?

I read the whole thing but just wrote that off as you being overly dramatic since all intelligent people know not all Christians preach Hellfire and Brimstone like in the Hollywood movies.

If that were true, why aren't they arrested and their children put into State run schools to ensure they are properly indoctrinated into the ways of atheism and the State?

It depends upon how it is done, doesn't it?

Your attempt to simplify a chaotic world is normal but be forewarned, there is error in oversimplification.

I read the whole thing but just wrote that off as you being overly dramatic since all intelligent people know not all Christians preach Hellfire and Brimstone like in the Hollywood movies.

If that were true, why aren't they arrested and their children put into State run schools to ensure they are properly indoctrinated into the ways of atheism and the State?

It depends upon how it is done, doesn't it?

Your attempt to simplify a chaotic world is normal but be forewarned, there is error in oversimplification.

I was raised Eastern Orthodox, and I also spent significant time with my stepfather at Quaker and Unitarian service. There was never any bible thumping or hellfire and brimstone thrown in my face.

It sounds to me like some people are angry at their parents for dragging them to a Protestant fundamentalist church, and then choose to take that anger out on all the world's two billion Christians

I was raised Eastern Orthodox, and I also spent significant time with my stepfather at Quaker and Unitarian service. There was never any bible thumping or hellfire and brimstone thrown in my face.

It sounds to me like some people are angry at their parents for dragging them to a Protestant fundamentalist church, and then choose to take that anger out on all the world's two billion Christians

I was raised in a smaller denomination Protestant church. I never saw any hellfire and brimstone or threats of any kind. That said, I've seen these assholes on television who do preach that shit. I'm certain there are churches around here, such as Southern Baptist or an offshoot Baptist, who do preach this.

The error in Jerome's post wasn't bringing up that some Christians do teach that fear but that he falsely claimed all Christians did it. He either lied, was stupid and/or is ignorant. Only Jerome knows for sure which is true.

I'm inclined to believe it was the latter since, combined with arrogance, makes people act very assholish....even assholier than thou.
angel04.gif

I was raised in a smaller denomination Protestant church. I never saw any hellfire and brimstone or threats of any kind. That said, I've seen these assholes on television who do preach that shit. I'm certain there are churches around here, such as Southern Baptist or an offshoot Baptist, who do preach this.

The error in Jerome's post wasn't bringing up that some Christians do teach that fear but that he falsely claimed all Christians did it
. He either lied, was stupid and/or is ignorant. Only Jerome knows for sure which is true.

I'm inclined to believe it was the latter since, combined with arrogance, makes people act very assholish....even assholier than thou.
angel04.gif

go read my post again, you stupid asshole. I never said this. Your reading ability is shit. Absolute shit.

go read my post again, you stupid asshole. I never said this. Your reading ability is shit. Absolute shit.

I did. The fact you are soooooo emotional over it reminds me of a child caught with his hand where it shouldn't be.

The fact remains you and jackson are young, stupid but think you know everything. This entire thread is for idiots like you to spread hate on others.

FWIW, if someone as fucked up as you two posted a thread blindly bashing atheists as a group, I'd be calling them idiots too.

Most Christians believe in a literal hell. That’s what I said. Go back and read it, both of you dumbfucks. My source is not my upbringing.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/belief-in-hell/

That poll gives no context about what various Christians actually think hell is.

You seem to be projecting your experience with Protestant fundamentalists, with all of Christianity world wide.

Bible thumping Protestants adapted Dante's 13th century caricature of hell as a literal place filled with instruments of torture.

My understanding is the Eastern Orthodox tradition does not hold that hell is a literal concrete place where the righteous are strapped to instruments of torture for eternity. That caricature sounds great in the epic poetry of Dante, but it does not necessarily represent sound theology. I believe the Orthodox tradition considers hell a state of being, rather than a literal torture chamber. A state of being representing separation from communion with God. Not all Christian traditions practice biblical literalism.

My take is that you are projecting your experience with bible thumping, fire and brimstone protestant fundamentalism onto the world's other Christian denominations

I did. The fact you are soooooo emotional over it reminds me of a child caught with his hand where it shouldn't be.

The fact remains you and jackson are young, stupid but think you know everything. This entire thread is for idiots like you to spread hate on others.

FWIW, if someone as fucked up as you two posted a thread blindly bashing atheists as a group, I'd be calling them idiots too.

Please quote where i said all Christians preach a literal hell. Or else where’s my apology, asshole?

That poll gives no context about what various Christians actually think hell is.

You seem to be projecting your experience with Protestant fundamentalists, with all of Christianity world wide.

Bible thumping Protestants adapted Dante's 13th century caricature of hell as a literal place filled with instruments of torture.

My understanding is the Eastern Orthodox tradition does not hold that hell is a literal concrete place where the righteous are strapped to instruments of torture for eternity. That caricature sounds great in the epic poetry of Dante, but it does not necessarily represent sound theology. I believe the Orthodox tradition considers hell a state of being, rather than a literal torture chamber. A state of being representing separation from communion with God. Not all Christian traditions practice biblical literalism.

My take is that you are projecting your experience with bible thumping, fire and brimstone protestant fundamentalism onto the world's other Christian denominations

How many times are you going to repeat that “you’re emotional” bullshit before you actually read what I said? Most Christians believe in a literal hell. That’s fact. Prove it wrong if you don’t like my poll.

I have no doubt I’m younger than your old ass, but you’re a pompous, idiotic boomer who refuses to admit when he’s wrong.

again, prove I said “all Christians preach a literal hell”.

Go ahead. Prove it, fucknuts.

now I see why jackson lost it with both of you fucking tools.

I have no doubt I’m younger than your old ass, but you’re a pompous, idiotic boomer who refuses to admit when he’s wrong.

again, prove I said “all Christians preach a literal hell”.

Go ahead. Prove it, fucknuts.

now I see why jackson lost it with both of you fucking tools.
First honest thing you've done is admit you are younger. Now let's work on the stupid and arrogant part.

Cute. Correct, you never posted “all Christians preach a literal hell”. Nice of you to alter the wording. The fact you've been whining about this for five days is very telling on the veracity scale. An honest person would have really considered me an "idiotic boomer" and moved on but you've been pitching a First Class a hissy fit for five fucking days. Why? It's obvious that I embarrassed you for calling you out.

As I explained yesterday: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...heists-more-Intelligent&p=3878677#post3878677

Back