Atheists more Intelligent

I am pretty sure if I searched your posts, there would be prime examples of you conflating ignorance and lower cognitive functions to Christians broadly.

My entire interaction here was to get you to admit the derogatory stereotypes you have composed about Christians, really only apply to fundamentalist Christians. American fundamentalist Christians are probably less than five percent of world Christians.

You're a Christian and you're a dope. QED.

You're a Christian and you're a dope! QED.
I have not said anything about my beliefs or lack therof.

You keep yelling that I am the least educated person on the board, a dope, a moron. I challenge you to find a neutral and fair minded poster who will agree with your claims about me.

I have not said anything about my beliefs or lack therof.

You keep yelling that I am the least educated person on the board, a dope, a moron. I challenge you to find a neutral and fair minded poster who will agree with your claims about me.

Everyone, dude. My god, you're stuck in your own perception of yourself.

Not most Protestants I know. Baptists, yes.

I defer to your experience.

My understanding is that Luther and Calvin privileged literal interpretations of the bible over symbolic and allegorical interpretations. But the Protestant tradition is mind boggling diverse, and I am guessing you have more experience with it than me.

I defer to your experience.

My understanding is that Luther and Calvin privileged literal interpretations of the bible over symbolic and allegorical interpretations. But the Protestant tradition is mind boggling diverse, and I am guessing you have more experience with it than me.

I don't know many Lutherans or Calvinists either. Unlike Europe, most Americans don't go running around advertising their specific flavor of Christianity. Obviously there are loud exceptions. Douchebags like the Falwell's and Televangelist scam artists.

Yeah, maybe I haven't made this clear, but I live in America.

No, I have not. Not tacitly, not expressly, not implied. Never. Not once. I dare you to find evidence of that. In fact, I've EXPRESSLY insisted that I speak about Christians because Christianity is, bar none, the dominant religion in the U.S. I honestly cannot believe you even said this.

Why do you clowns CONSTANTLY assume you know what others are thinking? It really is a bizarre phenomenon, and that level of insane psychology on your part is why I'm still interested by this thread. You guys have some kind of mental pathology going here that I cannot figure out.

Congrats, now you're observing what I've observed.

I don't give a shit about "world Christianity". Regardless, the U.S. is the most religious developed country on earth, so American Christianity is the only relevant concern here.

Now we are making progress.

I am pretty sure prior to now, you did not limit your assertions of abject ignorance just to American rightwing Christians.

Pretty sure your compositions caricatured Christianity broadly.

I appreciate your concession that you were not broadly criticizing the religion of Christianity - just the American reactionary Protestant fundamentalist bible thumpers.

I wish you had articulated that 500 posts ago.
Cheers and carry on.

"Many scientists are religious people. Religion and science represent different approaches to understanding the human condition that are not incompatible with each other."

-Statement by U.S. National Academies of Science

I am pretty sure if I searched your posts, there would be prime examples of you conflating ignorance and lower cognitive functions to Christians broadly.

Sure, and I stand by that. Anyone who believes in the literal truth of fairy tales is missing at least a few cards in their deck

My entire interaction here was to get you to admit the derogatory stereotypes you have composed about Christians, really only apply to fundamentalist Christians.

American fundamentalist Christians are probably less than five percent of world Christians.

If you concede you are only stereotyping a minority of righting fundamentalist American Christians, my work here is done. Because I agree that fundamentalist strains of American Christianity are fertile ground for reactionary ignorance

And fundamentalist Christians constitute a majority of American Christians, and have an incredibly outsized influence on American politics.

If you agree with that, we're done.

Now we are making progress.

I am pretty sure prior to now, you did not limit your assertions of abject ignorance just to American rightwing Christians.

Then go back and research the thread, because that's been my position from the beginning. You're "pretty sure" based on nothing.

Pretty sure your compositions caricatured Christianity broadly.

I appreciate your concession that you were not broadly criticizing the religion of Christianity - just the American reactionary Protestant fundamentalist bible thumpers.

I wish you had articulated that 500 posts ago.
Cheers and carry on.

And again, they constitute the majority of American Christians, and they wag the dog of American politics.

The more moderate Christians, in my view, are dangerous enablers.

It's reasonable to assume that a person with a Master's Degree, especially one in Law, would be able to engage in an adult discussion without consistently acting like a 10 year old brat whose daddy is a lawyer.

A lousy way with words is an easy way to lose a jury, counselor. Am I correct in assuming you're not that kind of "lawyer"?

QED for acting like a young child.

A "Master's Degree"?

Dude, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

A "Master's Degree"?

Dude, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

See? Do you really think a judge will let you get away with crap like that? Are you only an ambulance chase in small claims court because no employer trusts your skills as a lawyer?

Then go back and research the thread, because that's been my position from the beginning. You're "pretty sure" based on nothing.

And again, they constitute the majority of American Christians, and they wag the dog of American politics.

The more moderate Christians, in my view, are dangerous enablers.
Ok,
I am glad you toned down your claim about Christians being ignorant, to just a subset: American Protestant fundamentalists. They are only around 5 percent of world Christianity, so it is good we agree that stereotypes of American Protestant fundamentalists should not be extrapolated to the world's 2.5 billion Christians.

Sidebar: I know physicists, geologists, engineers who are practicing Christians.

Will your McDonald's drive-up supervisor allow you to behave this way?
I don't own a McDonald's and have no desire to be in the restaurant business. Why do you believe fabricating stories about others is a viable defense of your legal career, counselor?

Ok,
I am glad you toned down your claim about Christians being ignorant, to just a subset: American Protestant fundamentalists. They are only around 5 percent of world Christianity, so it is good we agree that stereotypes of American Protestant fundamentalists should not be extrapolated to the world's 2.5 billion Christians.

Sidebar: I know physicists, geologists, engineers who are practicing Christians.

Again, who you know isn't terribly relevant. What we do know is that the vast majority of American scientists do not believe in a bible-like "god".

A survey of scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, conducted by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press in May and June 2009, finds that members of this group are, on the whole, much less religious than the general public.1 Indeed, the survey shows that scientists are roughly half as likely as the general public to believe in God or a higher power. According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. By contrast, 95% of Americans believe in some form of deity or higher power, according to a survey of the general public conducted by the Pew Research Center in July 2006. Specifically, more than eight-in-ten Americans (83%) say they believe in God and 12% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. Finally, the poll of scientists finds that four-in-ten scientists (41%) say they do not believe in God or a higher power, while the poll of the public finds that only 4% of Americans share this view.

https://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/

Religious belief stifles critical thinking. This goes for moderate christians and evangelicals alike. IT's also incredibly dangerous as we try to combat global warming. The FAR more religious public is doubtful of the science, while the largely areligious scientists do not doubt it:

528-8.gif

I don't own a McDonald's and have no desire to be in the restaurant business. Why do you believe fabricating stories about others is a viable defense of your legal career, counselor?

You just lied again about this being a court of law, and mischaracterized my profession. Turnabout is fair play. You don't know what you're talking about, and you're a fucking hypocrite to boot.

At what point are you embarrassed by yourself?

You just lied again about this being a court of law, and mischaracterized my profession. Turnabout is fair play. You don't know what you're talking about, and you're a fucking hypocrite to boot.

At what point are you embarrassed by yourself?
If that were true, counselor, you can quote where I said it was a "court of law". As for your profession, what are you claiming I mischaracterized.

I doubt you'll ever win a case in court simply by lying and slandering.

You're fucking embarrassing.
Was someone out of order? LOL

Dude, all you have is mouth. I have no doubt you've never spent a day before the jury. You're the schmuck schlepping his boss's bags, the real lawyer, and taking notes.

religion is considered an instinct, and intelligence the ability to rise above one's instincts

I never heard religion being labeled as an instinct. Intriguing article. I say that many of us sort of already saw this trend but of course theres always exceptions and you can't boldly say that all atheists are more intelligent than religious people, it probably has a curve to it percentage wise, the higher you climb intellectually the less people are religious.

Back