Can there be a proof of God?

"Belief"...whether it is a "belief" that at least one god exists or "belief" that no gods exist...

...is nothing more than a blind guess about something that may well be unknowable.

"Faith"...is simply insisting that the blind guess IS correct...and demanding that people give it respect because it is your blind guess.

No! That's Blind Faith

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
There is the "faith" of religion that there is a God (or Gods) that create and control all things in the universe. Then there's the "faith" in the scientific method that will eventually figure out how all creation on Earth and the Universe actually works.

Never the twain shall meet, but maybe occasionally they should call each other on the telephone and have a nice chat.

Couldn't hurt.

;)

Or one could not wait for authorities in religion and science to tell them what to believe.

Yep....one of my brothers is constantly fuming about how people don't use their common sense to come to conclusions, and do as you pointed out here.

I say there's plenty of room for both our suggestions.

Yep....one of my brothers is constantly fuming about how people don't use their common sense to come to conclusions, and do as you pointed out here.

I say there's plenty of room for both our suggestions.

Science is about physicality so it has nothing to do with God. Religion is authoritarian, you're either in or out.

Science is about physicality so it has nothing to do with God. Religion is authoritarian, you're either in or out.

FYI, since I've been on this Earth I've read articles, essays, listened to speeches, watched debates and documentaries where you have people saying this no scientific proof of "God" as described in religious texts and tomes. Various medical scientists/doctors have always made an effort to debunk or put into question cases of "miracles" or being healed by faith.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that science isn't rift with authoritarianism. Any type of man organized systems is subject to such. Case in point, acupuncture and the complete medical practice that comes with it was and is successfully practiced in Asian countries for over a millennium. It's basis is a belief & understanding of the spiritual cosmos and how humans are interconnected. Western medical science REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE this reality until the early 1970's, and even now doctors from these countries are hamstrung in using all of their techniques due to the prejudicial and authoritarian medical hierarchy. In fact, I watched a Nova-style program where host related the mindset that acupuncture "tricks" the body into healing itself. I'm sure every acupuncturist in America must have laughed their butts off at that.

So like it or not, there is a connection when it comes to the debate about the existence of God (or Gods, divine living cosmos, whatever).

FYI, since I've been on this Earth I've read articles, essays, listened to speeches, watched debates and documentaries where you have people saying this no scientific proof of "God" as described in religious texts and tomes. Various medical scientists/doctors have always made an effort to debunk or put into question cases of "miracles" or being healed by faith.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that science isn't rift with authoritarianism. Any type of man organized systems is subject to such. Case in point, acupuncture and the complete medical practice that comes with it was and is successfully practiced in Asian countries for over a millennium. It's basis is a belief & understanding of the spiritual cosmos and how humans are interconnected. Western medical science REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE this reality until the early 1970's, and even now doctors from these countries are hamstrung in using all of their techniques due to the prejudicial and authoritarian medical hierarchy. In fact, I watched a Nova-style program where host related the mindset that acupuncture "tricks" the body into healing itself. I'm sure every acupuncturist in America must have laughed their butts off at that.

So like it or not, there is a connection when it comes to the debate about the existence of God (or Gods, divine living cosmos, whatever).

You missed my point. Science cannot have anything to say about God.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

You missed my point. Science cannot have anything to say about God.

Actually, it's your stubborn refusal to acknowledge simple facts of history and life of which I previously related. Your OPINION is irrelevant when you have documented evidence to the contrary. YOU may disagree, but that doesn't mean it isn't a fact. If someone says, "I'm healed and it's a miracle by faith in God", a medical doctor can and will examine that person's case history to determine if a scientific/medical explanation is out of the question. This is why currently the Catholic Church has priests trained in psychology and medical science to investigate reported cases of miracles and such.

What in my examples do you claim isn't about science regarding acupuncture?

Actually, it's your stubborn refusal to acknowledge simple facts of history and life of which I previously related. Your OPINION is irrelevant when you have documented evidence to the contrary. YOU may disagree, but that doesn't mean it isn't a fact. If someone says, "I'm healed and it's a miracle by faith in God", a medical doctor can and will examine that person's case history to determine if a scientific/medical explanation is out of the question. This is why currently the Catholic Church has priests trained in psychology and medical science to investigate reported cases of miracles and such.

What in my examples do you claim isn't about science regarding acupuncture?

fuck off

A retort of a defeated opponent. Adios, junior.

Back