Christians

Alright Poet, you win. I apologize for warning you that your personal information could be used by weirdos on this site (people such as Webbway) to harass and intimidate you...I assumed that even if you didn't need my advice, you'd receive it as a friendly gesture. Go figure. I apologize for being born into "white privilege"...privilege in a rough, poor neighborhood of Portland. I apologize that everything was handled to me on a silver platter...after I worked my ass off for it. Most of all, I apologize for being kind and helpful toward you, and I promise to never do so again in the future.

One minor correction, though - that's not how I greeted you.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?33740-Greetings

Hi Poet,

Welcome to the site.

This is a decent place to express yourself, but you'll quickly notice the presence of a few trolls, such as (\(\(\/)/)/)‎.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

And my how you "turned":

Posted by Thor

Poet, please continue adding people to your ignore list. Then you won't be able to respond to anyone and we won't have to read your drivel.

See, I've been slapped too many times, by whites thinking that I had forgotten my place. After I had experienced racism and bigotry, up close and personal, "first-hand", I decided, never again, will I let anyone assume a position of authority or superiority over me, when, one, it's unwarranted and unnecessary, and two, when it serves to reinforce the stereotype that black folks couldn't make it in this world without help or assistance from white people. I left a forum because a moderator posted my personal information, after a beef with him. I had embarrassed him so badly, he felt his only resource was to hurt me in the worst possible way. He was castigated by the liberals of the forum and praised by the conservatives, just like here. When you're black, gay and liberal....a noose wouldn't be out the question. So, you took my recoil of your actions, personally. I took your justification for your actions as a bullshit response to your assumption that anything goes, by way of "white privilege". There it is.

And my how you "turned":

Posted by Thor

Poet, please continue adding people to your ignore list. Then you won't be able to respond to anyone and we won't have to read your drivel.

Yes, I "turned" because you accused me of being a bigot simply because I am a conservative. But even in spite of that, I have been much more cordial toward you than most members of this site.

See, I've been slapped too many times, by whites thinking that I had forgotten my place. After I had experienced racism and bigotry, up close and personal, "first-hand", I decided, never again, will I let anyone assume a position of authority or superiority over me, when, one, it's unwarranted and unnecessary, and two, when it serves to reinforce the stereotype that black folks couldn't make it in this world without help or assistance from white people. I left a forum because a moderator posted my personal information, after a beef with him. I had embarrassed him so badly, he felt his only resource was to hurt me in the worst possible way. He was castigated by the liberals of the forum and praised by the conservatives, just like here. When you're black, gay and liberal....a noose wouldn't be out the question. So, you took my recoil of your actions, personally. I took your justification for your actions as a bullshit response to your assumption that anything goes, by way of "white privilege". There it is.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience on another site, but I am not that person. Clearly, my intent was to prevent such a thing from happening here. I even removed the quote from my post in the event that you wanted to do the same. I had only good intentions.

he felt his only resource was to hurt me in the worst possible way.

Well then, it is evident that you do NOT want your personal information trumpeted across this forum, which contradicts what you said in the other thread. It is sad that you're too prideful to accept a bit of friendly advice from someone who was only trying to help. Don't worry, though - next time I won't stand in the way.

And my how you "turned":

Posted by Thor

Thor is another of those tolerant Christian. A poor white male still has economic and social advantage over a black male, if he needs proof of this he can check out the unemployment rate for black males.

He use to be one of the youngins, but Rana no longer acknowledges his membership.

Yes, I "turned" because you accused me of being a bigot simply because I am a conservative. But even in spite of that, I have been much more cordial toward you than most members of this site.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience on another site, but I am not that person. Clearly, my intent was to prevent such a thing from happening here. I even removed the quote from my post in the event that you wanted to do the same. I had only good intentions.

Well then, it is evident that you do NOT want your personal information trumpeted across this forum, which contradicts what you said in the other thread. It is sad that you're too prideful to accept a bit of friendly advice from someone who was only trying to help. Don't worry, though - next time I won't stand in the way.

Good. Which is all I wanted in the first place. I'm a big boy, and can take care of myself.
And if you had "good intentions", you wouldn't have posted the following:

Originally Posted by Thor

Poet, you should be more careful about what you say on the internet. Within 5 minutes, I was able to determine your first and last name, partner's name, mother's name, and many other details of your life. Just a friendly suggestion. I'm not threatening you, but I wouldn't put that past others on this site.

Folks can think anything...but for you to say that to me, was a warning, that if you wanted to, you could reveal information. How on God's green Earth could that be construed as "good intentions"? That was rhetorical. I don't really care to know. It's over and done with...and as you said, you won't stand in the way.

Let me make no bones about this: I call out every lefty on this thread. If you are a lefty and know you are a lefty, then know this: you have been called out. By me. A lefty.

I am trying to remember if there is anyone on this board I have NOT argued with. I don't think I have argued with Charver. But I could be wrong. But just to be sure, Hey Charver you pint drinkin, limey comedian, I oughta kick your ass!!

Now I have it covered.

Thor is another of those tolerant Christian. A poor white male still has economic and social advantage over a black male, if he needs proof of this he can check out the unemployment rate for black males.

He use to be one of the youngins, but Rana no longer acknowledges his membership.

I've had my fill of "tolerant Christians". The ones that are, don't go around waving flags and shouting from mountain tops....behavior and rhetoric generally gives away the truth.
If there are any Christians here, they are few and far between, and rarely conservative.

I've had my fill of "tolerant Christians". The ones that are, don't go around waving flags and shouting from mountain tops....behavior and rhetoric generally gives away the truth.
If there are any Christians here, they are few and far between, and rarely conservative.

There are other Christians on this board, but they don't "clash their symbols"

Poet, Jesus described the other Christians on this site...

Matthew 23

A Warning Against Hypocrisy

*1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
***5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

***8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Seven Woes on the Teachers of the Law and the Pharisees

*** 13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. [14]
***15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

***16 “Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ 17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ 19 You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22 And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.

***23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

***25 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

***27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

***29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

***33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

***37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[c]”

Footnotes:
Matthew 23:5 That is, boxes containing Scripture verses, worn on forehead and arm
Matthew 23:14 Some manuscripts include here words similar to Mark 12:40 and Luke 20:47.
Matthew 23:39 Psalm 118:26

awe, poor onceler is jealous

Well, only a little. We libs have it good on the board. We have the whole "lefty defense network" that you guys probably don't know about, where we make binding agreements not to call each other out. Also, whenever a lefty is in trouble on a thread, he/she sends out an alert on the network, and other lefties rush to his/her defense en masse.

It's a good feeling, having that.

Poet, just out of curiosity, what do you believe makes a person a Christian?

Being devoid of hate. And looking to Christ as an example for one's life. What do you think?

But so many have committed sins, in the name of Christ, and are in denial of the error of their ways. When I fuck up, I say I fucked up....I don't try to dress it up with rationalizations or finger pointing.

Back