College Football

I've posted that a major part of your life centers around Alabama football. Are you saying that's a lie?

I've posted about football. You don't like what I posted because it doesn't hold Alabama in high regard. That's not trolling unless you define trolling as not agreeing with or liking what you like. What it boils down to is you can't stand what I have to say about Alabama.

You have claimed that my life sucks and that a major part of my life centers around Alabama football. Tell us all how you know all this?? You know little to nothing about my life except for the posts I have made in the Sports Forum here. Tell us all how you know whether my life sucks or not and tell us how you know what a major part of my life centers around.

Or admit that you are lying and making shit up. It really is that simple. You are so desperate for some sort of "gotcha" moment. I don't know why you decided to troll me, but I don't know you from Adam, and you know nothing about me. But you have no problem claiming you know shit about me.

You have claimed that my life sucks and that a major part of my life centers around Alabama football. Tell us all how you know all this?? You know little to nothing about my life except for the posts I have made in the Sports Forum here. Tell us all how you know whether my life sucks or not and tell us how you know what a major part of my life centers around.

Or admit that you are lying and making shit up. It really is that simple. You are so desperate for some sort of "gotcha" moment. I don't know why you decided to troll me, but I don't know you from Adam, and you know nothing about me. But you have no problem claiming you know shit about me.

You've said a major part of your life centers around Alabama football. Your own words prove it.

I don't have to make up anything. Your words prove about you exactly what I say. If what I said was a lie, you'd ignore it and not respond. Since you keep responding, that's proof enough that I touched a nerve and am correct about what I say.

You've said a major part of your life centers around Alabama football. Your own words prove it.

I don't have to make up anything. Your words prove about you exactly what I say. If what I said was a lie, you'd ignore it and not respond. Since you keep responding, that's proof enough that I touched a nerve and am correct about what I say.

I said a major part of my life centers around Alabama football? Really? Care to provide a link? If you can't, it is proof you lied.

That I respond does not mean anything. Spare me the amateur psychobabble.

Your claim to know about my life and that it sucks, has nothing to do with football and is simply you lying.

But feel free to post about football instead of trolling and attacking me.

As for my infatuation with Alsbama football, that is obvious. Fans tend to be infatuated with their team. They spend hundreds of dollars on going to games, talk smack about their team or other teams, and get upset when they lose.

You didn't refute a damn thing. In fact, that you make that claim shows you know very little about the sport, especially college football. Depending on the number of returning starters, the quality of the returning skill positions, the number of quality recruits, and whether there were any major changes in the coaching staff, last years performance says a lot about what can be expected this year.

Yes, you have said plenty about Alabama football. All of it was trolling in order to produce a response. It started with my calling the team "my Crimson Tide" and has been going ever sense. Why that matters is beyond me. But you harp on it like it means something. Yes, you pointed out the two cupcakes in our schedule. But you didn't respond when I asked if there were any teams who didn't schedule any cupcakes. You also avoided discussing any quality opponents, because you really don't care about the game or Alabama, you are just trolling.

I don't give a rat's ass what you say about Alabama. I counter your negative points or laugh at your ridiculous assumptions. But that is it. Whine? I have not whined at all. Of course, your continued harping on the use of "my" when referring to the team smacks of whining more than anything I have said. I deal with actual points people make about my team. I always have. But your "If you beat Ole Miss this year you will have won 1 out of 3" shows your ignorance of the game.

But keep trying.

Expectations and results aren't the same thing. They can have the same players, coaches, and run exactly the same plays. Whether or not it will produce the same results is nothing but a PREDICTION.

You do care what I say about Alabama or you wouldn't continue to respond. You don't counter shit. You whine because you're infatuated with Alabama football and can't fathom anyone else not being a fan.

Your claim to know about my life and that it sucks, has nothing to do with football and is simply you lying.

But feel free to post about football instead of trolling and attacking me.

As for my infatuation with Alsbama football, that is obvious. Fans tend to be infatuated with their team. They spend hundreds of dollars on going to games, talk smack about their team or other teams, and get upset when they lose.

I said a major part of my life centers around Alabama football? Really? Care to provide a link? If you can't, it is proof you lied.

That I respond does not mean anything. Spare me the amateur psychobabble.

So you didn't say you were infatuated with Alabama football? Post #115 says otherwise.

Have you looked at the definition of infatuation? When you're infatuated with something, it becomes a major part of your life and your action show it. Not my words. If you want to argue with that, you're arguing with the definition of something YOU said YOU do.

Expectations and results aren't the same thing. They can have the same players, coaches, and run exactly the same plays. Whether or not it will produce the same results is nothing but a PREDICTION.

You do care what I say about Alabama or you wouldn't continue to respond. You don't counter shit. You whine because you're infatuated with Alabama football and can't fathom anyone else not being a fan.

Yes, it is a prediction. But then, every single word said about teams in the preseason is a prediction. The fact is, prior performance, returning players and coaches are a basis for predictions.

I can't fathom anyone not being a fan? That is simply stupid. Look back over the sports posts I have made. I have had discussions with plenty of people who are not fans. They weren't trolling so we had a civil discussion. You are still just trying to make this about me and not about football.

So you didn't say you were infatuated with Alabama football? Post #115 says otherwise.

Have you looked at the definition of infatuation? When you're infatuated with something, it becomes a major part of your life and your action show it. Not my words. If you want to argue with that, you're arguing with the definition of something YOU said YOU do.

So you are now saying that my admission of being a big fan means Alabama football is a major part of my life? Quite a step there.

From: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infatuated

"Definition of infatuate
infatuatedinfatuating

transitive verb

: to cause to be foolish : deprive of sound judgment

: to inspire with a foolish or extravagant love or admiration

infatuation play \-ˌfa-chə-ˈwā-shən, -chü-ˈā-\ noun "

If you want to call my being a big fan "foolish", I don't argue. But claiming that Alabama football is a major part of my life, especially when you know so little about my life, is simply you lying and claiming to know things you don't.

But do feel free to post a definition of "infatuation" that says only what you claim it says.

Yes, it is a prediction. But then, every single word said about teams in the preseason is a prediction. The fact is, prior performance, returning players and coaches are a basis for predictions.

I can't fathom anyone not being a fan? That is simply stupid. Look back over the sports posts I have made. I have had discussions with plenty of people who are not fans. They weren't trolling so we had a civil discussion. You are still just trying to make this about me and not about football.

Prior performance isn't a guarantee of results.

So you are now saying that my admission of being a big fan means Alabama football is a major part of my life? Quite a step there.

From: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infatuated

"Definition of infatuate
infatuatedinfatuating

transitive verb

: to cause to be foolish : deprive of sound judgment

: to inspire with a foolish or extravagant love or admiration

infatuation play \-ˌfa-chə-ˈwā-shən, -chü-ˈā-\ noun "

If you want to call my being a big fan "foolish", I don't argue. But claiming that Alabama football is a major part of my life, especially when you know so little about my life, is simply you lying and claiming to know things you don't.

But do feel free to post a definition of "infatuation" that says only what you claim it says.

I call YOUR statement that you're infatuated with Alabama football proof that it's a major part of your life. People aren't infatuated with things that aren't a big part of their life. You say it's not and that contradicts the definition of infatuation. I call your extravagant love for something and it being a major part of your life the same thing. Anyone with common sense also does that.

Prior performance isn't a guarantee of results.

Guarantee? Who said anything about a guarantee of results. I know you are just trolling, but do try to stick with what I actually said. I simply said that I was nervous because they were ranked at the end of the season last year. And that the previous season's performance has a bearing on expectations. I never mention any guarantee at all

I call YOUR statement that you're infatuated with Alabama football proof that it's a major part of your life. People aren't infatuated with things that aren't a big part of their life. You say it's not and that contradicts the definition of infatuation. I call your extravagant love for something and it being a major part of your life the same thing. Anyone with common sense also does that.

I have been known to act in a foolish manner when watching my Crimson Tide play. You are picking the definition that fits your claim, not the one I admitted to.

On certain Saturday's it is a major part of my day. But since the only play 13 or 14 games, that does not make it constitute a major part of my life. I go to excellent music events more times in a year.

I have been known to act in a foolish manner when watching my Crimson Tide play. You are picking the definition that fits your claim, not the one I admitted to.

On certain Saturday's it is a major part of my day. But since the only play 13 or 14 games, that does not make it constitute a major part of my life. I go to excellent music events more times in a year.

I used the definition YOU posted.

If you act foolishly, your words, 13 or 14 times out of 13 or 14 opportunities, that's major. Are you telling me that after the season, you have no thoughts of Alabama football until kickoff of the next season? That you keep up with Alabama football the way you do, it tells me it's a major part of your life not just something you do 13 to 14 times/year and forget about it for the other 350+ days remaining on the calendar.

I used the definition YOU posted.

If you act foolishly, your words, 13 or 14 times out of 13 or 14 opportunities, that's major. Are you telling me that after the season, you have no thoughts of Alabama football until kickoff of the next season? That you keep up with Alabama football the way you do, it tells me it's a major part of your life not just something you do 13 to 14 times/year and forget about it for the other 350+ days remaining on the calendar.

I never said I forget about football the rest of the year. But it is a hobby/interest other than on game days. Counting the A Day game, there are 15 days a year that it is a major thing. That is about 5% of my year.

Calling it a major part of my life implies that it dominates my life. There are numerous things that play a much bigger part of my life. My kids, my love life, my other family, local music, my writing, my job, fitness and nutrition (which includes an ever expanding set of culinary skills), are all a bigger part of my life. If I can list 7 things that play a bigger part in my life, then Alabama football can hardly be called a major part of my life.

And yes, you did use part of the definition I posted. But that definition had more than one part or meaning. I used the proper one. You didn't. Which of us knows more about my life?

Oh that's right, you did claim my life sucked. Like you know. LMAO!!

I never said I forget about football the rest of the year. But it is a hobby/interest other than on game days. Counting the A Day game, there are 15 days a year that it is a major thing. That is about 5% of my year.

Calling it a major part of my life implies that it dominates my life. There are numerous things that play a much bigger part of my life. My kids, my love life, my other family, local music, my writing, my job, fitness and nutrition (which includes an ever expanding set of culinary skills), are all a bigger part of my life. If I can list 7 things that play a bigger part in my life, then Alabama football can hardly be called a major part of my life.

As big of an Alabama football fan as you are, especially using the word "WE" to describe how important it is to you, it's more than a hobby/interest.

And yes, you did use part of the definition I posted. But that definition had more than one part or meaning. I used the proper one. You didn't. Which of us knows more about my life?

Oh that's right, you did claim my life sucked. Like you know. LMAO!!

I used the definition YOU posted. Since the part I used is part of what YOU posted, I used it properly.

That you get on here and whine when someone proves what they say about you means your life sucks. You haven't realized it yet. I have.

As big of an Alabama football fan as you are, especially using the word "WE" to describe how important it is to you, it's more than a hobby/interest.

If you'll notice I said it was a hobby/interest OTHER than on game day.

And is any of this relevant? For someone who claims to have come here to discuss football, you have spent a lot of time trying to tell me about my life and what I think.

As I pointed out, I listed 7 things off the top of my head that are a bigger part of my life.

And if (and that is "IF") it were a major part of my life, so what?? It is irrelevant to the topic of college footba and more proof that you came here to troll and to attack me. So, without proving your point, you have proven mine.

Look at the 7 things I listed that are bigger parts of my life. That says even more. But then, you claim to know about my life, so you should have already known that.

If you'll notice I said it was a hobby/interest OTHER than on game day.

And is any of this relevant? For someone who claims to have come here to discuss football, you have spent a lot of time trying to tell me about my life and what I think.

As I pointed out, I listed 7 things off the top of my head that are a bigger part of my life.

And if (and that is "IF") it were a major part of my life, so what?? It is irrelevant to the topic of college footba and more proof that you came here to troll and to attack me. So, without proving your point, you have proven mine.

Look at the 7 things I listed that are bigger parts of my life. That says even more. But then, you claim to know about my life, so you should have already known that.

I noticed on previous posts related to Alabama you referred to the Alabama family and it included those other than the players on the field. You used the word "WE".

I don't care if it is, I simply expect you to be honest about it. You just eluded to the fact that it's a possibility. Guess I do know more about you than you think.

I used the definition YOU posted. Since the part I used is part of what YOU posted, I used it properly.

That you get on here and whine when someone proves what they say about you means your life sucks. You haven't realized it yet. I have.

The definition I posted said "to inspire with foolish OR extravagant love or admiration. The "or" means something. I say I act foolish at times during games. You insist it is an extravagant love. Which of us would know?

You haven't proven anything except that truth and accuracy are not your concern when you are trolling.

I noticed on previous posts related to Alabama you referred to the Alabama family and it included those other than the players on the field. You used the word "WE".

I don't care if it is, I simply expect you to be honest about it. You just eluded to the fact that it's a possibility. Guess I do know more about you than you think.

In previous posts I explained that the Alanama football team represents the University of Alabama. As an alum, a financial supporter, a volunteer, and the father of alums, I am part of the University of Alabama. But you still insist on asking what number I wear. It shows you know almost nothing about me. But for some reason you are obsessed with attacking me.

Back